tuscl

Software behind out of control rent increases

Tuesday, October 25, 2022 11:47 AM

10 comments

• Dave_Anderson
    2 years ago
    Technology plus unbridled greed are always a bad combination.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's greed....that's it. All this economic shit is fake. It's just justifying greed and making us think it's natural
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Price increases are occurring across the board. It is doubtful that businesses were ungreedy up until the last couple of years and then suddenly they all turned greedy at the same time and started charging higher prices. The government increased the money supply by 40% between 2020 and 2022. It printed up money, 5 trillion dollars total, and used it to help pay for three giant stimulus bills totaling 6 trillion dollars. Voters always like it if they think they are getting free money. The government also held interest rates near zero for a decade. Voters also like to be able to borrow money at low interest rates. It was these actions that led to inflation. Printing up money and passing it out never makes people richer. If it did, the government could just print up a million dollars for each person in the country and pass it out and make us all rich. All the money we got from the money printing we will now lose from the higher prices caused by inflation caused by that money printing.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Dave, didn't think you'd be much of a ProPublica guy. I love hearing people talk as if greed only started on January 20, 2021, in order to make the current occupant of the Oval Office look bad. Or as though corporations, landlords, the rich, everyone but themselves is greedy.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ I don't think Dave really cares where his confirmation bias originates.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @Ishmael, I see people here (across the political spectrum) who would rather whine than seize control of their own lives. Dave is a whiner, a complete victim of circumstances beyond his control. I can't think of the last time he initiated or participated in a fun discussion, in a board dedicated to borderline or illicit fun. If we ran "approval ratings" for TUSCLers, I'm sure he'd be bottom of the list. He has no redeeming features whatsoever, and less charisma than the contents of my cat's litter box.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ that’s sorta harsh, after all, Dave, while not seemingly enjoying his life provides us all with much glee, that should be considered a redeeming quality in and of itself.
  • tuskular
    2 years ago
    I don't know if this is "political" but rent is out of control in NYC. I would assume everyone would want affordable housing regardless of what political affiliation right?
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    The rich are out for a last minute cash grab jn a failing system. Their greed is so big and views so myopic they fail to realize this process gouging is not sustainable for much longer. Especially rents.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    We have inflation in an economy controlled by woke corporations and progressives and yet no one mentions that in national fake news .........
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion