Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Sinclair, this one's for you

440viking
440viking103461

FUCK IT!

3 yrs ago · 1 min read

i was driving over to visit a friend i haven't seen in a couple years and drove past this place a couple blocks from his house.

i was curious about it, did a search and this is what i came up with.

it's behind a pay wall, i was able to get around it but i think they give you a couple free looks before they block you.

Replies (10)Latest

Profile picture for 440viking
440viking
•

i asked my buddy about that restored station, he told me he knew they guy that owned it and that he died since that article was published.

here's another link i found on it..

oh btw, is it too late to say this is an off topic subject

Profile picture for Muddy
Muddy
•

Ah yeah his avatar makes sense now

Profile picture for georgmicrodong
georgmicrodong
•

Those places are all over the west. When I was out there last time, they were as common as Circle K, Exxon, Marathon, and such are elsewhere.

Profile picture for 440viking
440viking
•

well they'd be empty buildings now, sinclair closed up shop this past march.

Profile picture for Hank Moody
Hank Moody
•

There’s one right around the corner from HiLiter. I took a piss in their parking lot while I was waiting for a dancer I’d met in the club to clock out and come pick me up. Good times.

Profile picture for shadowcat
shadowcat
•
Profile picture for sinclair
sinclair
•

Most of our locations are west of the Mississippi River, but you will find a handful of eastern locations in New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Indiana, and Illinois.

I saw this about a year ago driving through Cassopolis, Michigan. It is an old service station renovated to look like a Sinclair, but the actual property never operated as a Sinclair. 99wfmk.com

Profile picture for georgmicrodong
georgmicrodong
•

@TheeOSU: "well they'd be empty buildings now, sinclair closed up shop this past march."

Well, the "last time" I was out there was last month, i.e. September of 2022, and I bought gas from two of them, and the building wasn't empty. I suppose they might have been bought out and haven't gotten around to changing the signage yet, but I just checked, and my credit card statement indicates Sinclair Oil.

According to that WP article, they were sold to HollyFrontier in August of 2021, forming a new company named HF Sinclair Corp, so I'm guessing they're going to just keep the dino logo and related stuff.

Profile picture for sinclair
sinclair
•

TheeOSU, thanks for sharing the article. Sinclair is still around and doing well. Ownership changed recently, but you can now buy shares under the ticker DINO.

Profile picture for 440viking
440viking
•

my bad, 2 of the 3 previous posts are proof that we can't believe everything on wiki.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement