tuscl

Dancer giving out her number

Friday, October 7, 2022 6:33 PM
I feel like this is very common now. 9 times out of 10 if I ask I get the number. Years ago, precovid or even further back they almost never gave it out. When you have the number sometimes the dancers try to do OTC, some times they try to get you back in the club and others they say a couple things back an never talk to you again. Do you have the same experience and if yes why are dancers giving their number out more?

29 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I've never struggled to get dancers to give out their burner number. Sometimes for OTC, and sometimes to entice me to come to the club when it's slow. I'd say that 70% to 80% had a number that they would share. I will agree that it's more common post-COVID. I suspect it's because many dancers learned that they should be able to contact their best customers just in case their club shuts down for any reason, let alone a pandemic.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I have been fortunate in getting many dancers to give me their numbers. It’s understood, at least by me, that it’s for business. If she’s having a slow night, and wants to see if I’ll come in. Or if there’s a possibility of OTC. Texting is a useful method of PL and stripper interaction. After Covid hit, I’ve gotten numbers without asking, as I think it might not be so easy to maintain a consistent stream of income. I know things are somewhat calm on the Covid front. But, as Ishmael mentioned, if things get bad again, it might be useful for a dancer to have a few numbers to contact for OTC, as that could be the only game in town.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    It's a texting app number. It's basic marketing for a stripper. I"m sure she wanted your phone number too. You will get texts like " I miss you " . So you will come into the club when her business is slow.
  • herbtcat
    2 years ago
    Strippers have as many phone numbers to give out as they have (fake) "real" names. An experienced stripper has learned to use a phone number just like they use an Instagram account for marketing. Back in past, before burner numbers, Google Voice, etc., were around, many clubs frowned on strippers giving out their phone numbers for fear it would look like a vehicle for prostitution. Now, it can still be a vehicle for prostitution (fortunately!) but it's not such a problem if management sees it happen.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    if a dancer is convinced that you are serious in including her in your roster of favorites then yeah you have at around an 80% chance of getting her number. afterwards, as far as reliability is concerned that will be a case by case basis. a few will answer, not show, and not have the decency to say sorry about that. some if not most are reliable and will show up at the club. and then there are a couple that just don't reply at all.
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    back then before cell phones were prevalent the girls had to be very sneaky to give out guys there number in the club. writing the number down in the dressing room away from the manager. now you could just say your number to the girl and right there she'll just call you. all you have to make sure is the manager is not within of earshot.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I get offered numbers all the time. Luckily I am old enough to not even waste time pretending I want it. They'll never get mine so why would I want theirs?
  • Sukki
    2 years ago
    I'm super hesitant to give out my number especially because I'm typically always working it's rare I answer my phone and I don't want to lead on the idea I'd do OTC because I'm entirely uninterested, if I have regulars they'll come in when they want. I'm not gonna beg someone to come in
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I don't think I've ever asked for a dancers number and had her say no. More often than not, they're giving it to me and I'm deleting it. That's not to say I don't text some strippers, but the number exchange is generally for an explicit purpose and I don't ask often. Usually we've seen each other a few times and talked about OTC or meeting up back at the club on another day. I don't generally mind the occasional, "hey its slow, come see me" texts. Usually that's something we've talked about before exchanging numbers, I'm pretty open about the fact that I'm not at the club for the party atmosphere and prefer a more one on one interaction. Her letting me know when its slow or me asking her if she's busy works for both of us. My schedule is often flexible, if she's having a slow day I can go infuse a few bucks into it and get a nice relaxed visit in exchange. Or she can come by after work, or if she expects a slow day come by my place instead of work. I agree with the points about burner numbers and the permissiveness of management having changed in the last few years though. I'm sure that's lead to a lot more casual number exchanges. I'm certainly more willing to give out my GV number than my real one.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Cacaplop it's a text app number. And dancers have always been open with then. Their work oriented social media. It's not a big deal. It's a way of maintaining contact with customers . I think only fans showed that maintaining contact with customers. Creating the illusion of a bond is more profitable.
  • 8TM
    2 years ago
    Big difference between now and 10 years ago is that everyone knows how to get a Google Voice number. I also bet more girls these days just don’t care about giving out their number. It’s normal now for girls to post stripper pics on Facebook. The whole notion of strippers leading a double life is out the window. The smart girls I meet give me their snap and their insta. Still, Instagram accounts frequently get shut down at random for “explicit content”. I think girls are more reluctant to mention their OnlyFans in the club.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Seems like what most strippers have concluded is, if they give PLs some way to DM then, and they respond every week or so, PLs are more likely to become or stay a reg than with zero DMing. It just use to be harder to allow PLs to contact them, without giving them access to the way they keep in touch with close friends and family.
  • dogchain
    2 years ago
    I know it is a burner number but they all had that precovid. What I am saying is it is way more even with that. Keeping customers in case of another shut down makes sense from those that said that.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    The one time a stripper having my phone number was really useful was when I had a favorite regular who was fired from one of the local strip clubs. She moved to a club on the other side of town and called to tell me where she was. It would have taken me a while to find her on my own.
  • Wakawakamoo
    2 years ago
    Right, it's helpful to keep in touch with a regular. It's for business, whether to let you know if she's working. With two of my favorites they knew I was always going to get a dance so they straight up said let me know when you're coming in and I'll try to work that night. On most nights she sees me I'm at least half her money anyways. I've only done this with two girls, for all the others I don't want their number though there are some girls I'll simply ask if they're in that night.
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    I never personally experienced a time period where handing out phone numbers was a no no. Anytime I’ve exchanged, it was blatant and I’ve never cared if a manager saw me. Some manager have outright encouraged texting customers when a club is slow. I’ve only worked at one club where giving out your number will get you terminated, but that club is definitely unique in how they run things.
  • RTP
    2 years ago
    I get lots of numbers, some that I don't even want. Last week I was at a local club and got dances from a fairly hot young dancer. I actually asked her if she was going to give me her number. She responded, I sell my number for $50. WTF. Talk about GPS. She was really not that hot.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    If her number is $50, a bj must be $7.000.00 lol.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    For me it has been mostly strippers asking me for my number. Way back when cell phone just started to come into use, I did not yet have one and one dancer bought me an answering machine so that she could leave me messages on my land line. I only have 3 numbers right now and they are not really active. I only give them out to dancers that I am interested in meeting OTC.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    It's a rare club that will list who's scheduled to work the next shift on its Facebook page. (Yet another example of how the stigma keeps clubs from having competent management.) This would avoid the problem of dancers feeling like they had to give out their number when they weren't feeling it, in order to have regulars. PLs who want dancers to be pressured to give out their number need to check out of their room at the Hotel Pathetic.
  • Nixur68
    2 years ago
    If a girls offers me here number that to me feels like OTC. Always. But I’ve been told some states can potentially change you with soliciting for having their contact info.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I remember when wome clubs didn't allow cell phone use by dancers. Even now lots don't let customers use phones if sitting by the stage. But I don't see any stigma with stripping or phones now a days. Girls openly post when they work on their ig. Clubs post it on ig. Girls will add you...clubs will add you. If a girl is making it difficult to keep in touch she thinks you're off or not worth her time.
  • conan_mac_morna
    2 years ago
    I have five strippers' numbers. None have approached me for OTC, and only my ATF pings me just to say hi and ask how I'm doing.
  • Wakawakamoo
    2 years ago
    So knowing a few dancers some don't really know if they'll show up to work until midday, and the club can't know for sure when they'll show up. Like SR is 100% on top of having a real-time roll call updated every 5-10 minutes and accurate, but they still don't know who will really show up until they actually do.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    @Waka do you think it's automatically reliable when they text you that their coming? At least among non-extras dancers, the reliable ones are usually healthier and thus more attractive. So I usually lose most of my interest once a dancer flakes repeatedly. I go when my reliable favs are working, and maybe a flake will get a bit of my left-over $.
  • funonthaside
    2 years ago
    I have definitely seen more occurrences of dancers offering numbers in recent months. In my many years of clubbing, I was rarely given numbers. Meanwhile, in the last 6 months, I've been offered numbers many times (more times than in all of my past clubbing years). I have certainly not become more attractive or appealing, so there must be something to it....perhaps business has slowed, and dancers must now rely more on regulars.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Share her number or get your number all same as the first step of adding you in her sugar daddies roaster. Enjoy your new status.
  • funonthaside
    2 years ago
    Learning the hard way of the downside of phone number exchanges. What if things go sideways after SB/dancer becomes too demanding with requests for contributions, yet you still like her club, but feel that going back to club after backing away from contributions will hinder your enjoyment at her club?
  • Jdo11
    2 years ago
    Ime it's been mostly used to coordinate ITC for out of towners. Managed to convert one new face at my standard club into itc since post quarantine.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion