tuscl

It's official: PHC Detroit Reopening!

BubbleYum
Blow me. πŸ˜™ Pronouns: hoe/heaux
Friday, September 30, 2022 11:33 AM
Officially reopening in November! I don't know how because the city was trying to keep it permanently closed, but Subi made it happen somehow. I apologize to the few I tried to correct with the knowledge I had at the time who "had it on good authority" (please, you're not that special, stop trying to compensate clout for your little dick and/or loneliness πŸ™„) that PHC would be reopening. The announcement was on Coliseum's IG: [view link] A friend of mine is a manager at another Subi owned club (not naming intentionally for privacy) and is going to report back to me with info about auditions, getting hired, etc. They will most likely have valet parking, too (sorry PL2 πŸ˜‚). I can update as I get updates if y'all are interested. πŸ™‚ Stay off my post BTE. πŸ–•

34 comments

• BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I wanted to post this and the IG link on the (closed) PHC public forum too, but I don't even see it anymore. Unless I missed it? I'm just a stripper - reading is hard and I don't know what words are. If the listing still exists, can it get updated or does a new PHC listing need to be made?
  • wallanon
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Is it this one? [view link]
  • shailynn
    β€’
    2 years ago
    They going to have valet parking? Lol
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I believe so. I thought it had more reviews. It's listed in Southfield, which is incorrect. It's in Detroit in Wayne County. Adult cabarets are not allowed to operate in Oakland County per the county s.o.b. ordinance. But that's why I couldn't find it, so thank you.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    If they have valet, which they probably will, I will legitimately pay for PL2's valet one time so he can experience a real strip club.
  • Pussylicker2
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Lol, I have nothing against valet parking per se, it's their parking lot. What I object to is requiring you to surrender your keys if you park yourself on the street and walk in, or have a friend drop you off. Subi is in Southgate. Any idea what the private dance options will be?
  • jackslash
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Thanks for the news, BubbleYum. The Penthouse was a favorite. But I fear it won't be the same with the restrictions in the City of Detroit.
  • shailynn
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Let’s face it - when you could go up on 8 mile or down Inkster/Dearborn and have a blast… those days will never come back… just like Houston during the turn of the century.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I do agree with you, however I do want to point out that not all customers go to clubs for extras. And considering a few select girls at Coli are able to do a little something something in VIP if the right bouncer is working, maybe the same will happen at PHC. πŸ€·πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
  • Pussylicker2
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I wonder how strip clubs in restricted areas do when they're 45 minutes away from strip clubs in an untrstricted area. I'll bet Jon Taffer knows. We'll find out.
  • Papi_Chulo
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Probably best to create a new TUSCL listing as the old PH reviews don't apply anymore - probably best to work with @Founder to create a new listing but still somehow keep the old reviews for posterity's sake - my 2-cents
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    ^I did submit a correction for the city and county and let him know it's reopening in Nov. I guess it's up to him if he creates a new listing or if he edits the current one.
  • Htxx
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Extras are available in all clubs with the right people. I was in trumps recently (another subi owned club) and no issues. Are they easier in airport area clubs? Yes. But it’s all the same generally.
  • NinaBambina
    β€’
    2 years ago
    "Subi is in Southgate." Yes genius, but Subi himself owns and/or has formerly owned many popular clubs including Landing Strip, the club you were complaining about on previous posts. Anyway, if Subi bought this place, good for him. I've worked multiple clubs of his and he always treated me well. As a matter of fact, Landing Strip was the first club I ever worked at.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Subi named his first club after himself, thus the apostrophe s ('s) to the club's name. He also owns LS, Trumpps, Coli, and Playhouse. I feel like I'm forgetting one.
  • shailynn
    β€’
    2 years ago
    What does Alan own these days? (Did I spell his first name right?)
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Flight Club is his only MI club now. He owns a Booby Trap in Florida, too.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Penthouse Club Detroit's new official Instagram: [view link]
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    New info: officially opening December 8th now announced via IG - [view link]
  • Dolfan
    β€’
    2 years ago
    The decor looks a lot like Booby Trap Pompano [view link] The stage shape, the booths, etc. Someone else mentioned that there was common ownership between these two places too, but I didn't think so. I thought it was Phil, Greg, and I wanna say a guy named Mike or something that were partners in the 4 south Florida Booby Traps, Klub24, & Playpen. To be clear though, I've got no insider info and am not buddies with any of them. I've seen them in their clubs and chatted with the first two a few times, but mostly its employees/strippers blabbing so its far from authoritative info.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    ^ Alan Markowitz, The Topless Prophet, built Flight Club, Penthouse Club, and Booby Trap from the ground up (I have no sources to cite other than word of mouth), hence all three are virtually identical inside. Alan sold Penthouse to Subi. The rumor is Subi's brother is handling the reopening of Penthouse and the manager is someone named Greg. Most of my info comes from current stuff at Coliseum or bouncers I work with elsewhere who know people.
  • Danton
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Not expecting much . The whole Detroit scene crashed when the penthouse closed , drove up prices everywhere. It also had the nicest girls , not sure if they quite the profession or moved to another spot . Haven’t seen any of them at flight club which I would expect.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Some moved to other local clubs or the Booby Trap in FL. A few former PHC girls I work with have said they're returning to PHC once it reopens. I don't want to put names out there publicly though.
  • bobsuncle
    β€’
    2 years ago
    It's been two weeks and I haven't seen any reviews of the club. That doesn't make me feel confident.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I haven't heard great things from girls I work with who went to PHC opening weekend.
  • ww
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Wasn't this club closed for a few years? I would think most wouldn't even know it's back open. Then add in that there's no way it could be like it was before. Nostalgia and name recognition can only go so far.
  • Uprightcitizen
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Oh shit. While I suck at writing reviews I vow I will get there for a legit review soon. Lets go baby!
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Things I've heard as heresay: An actual hourly employee: girls were "doing illegal things in VIP and there were definitely undercovers there" on opening night. I have asked more since the day after opening night. Unrelated person to sex work who works elsewhere, but knows a house mom at Pent: "girls have to work two days shifts if they want to work nights" A dancer who was there opening night: "it sucked and there were no customers. Thank God there was no tip out over the weekend." A different dancer who worked with me last Sunday in downtown: "they were texting me [Saturday night] asking me to come in because there were only four girls." She didn't state what time that happened at. I don't know if those are true statements, but just what I've heard. I had full intentions to go on opening night and the day after, but had some unexpected stuff happen and couldn't make it out. They've updated their Instagram with photos from opening weekend though.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    Whoops. *I have NOT asked more from the employee. My bad. He works at Coli and Pent both though, and I feel he'd just lie to me at this point if I were to ask more
  • ww
    β€’
    2 years ago
    The first heresay is odd since Detroit city clubs have no VIP.
  • BubbleYum
    β€’
    2 years ago
    VIPs "opened" without curtains in Fall 2017. Girls were still doing all of the extras until May 2018 (at my club at least). All of the clubs got shut down notices from my understanding. Some just chose not to comply. For a minute, recently, vice was disbanded. However, they're back together as of the week PHC reopened. I haven't heard of any raids yet though.
  • Uprightcitizen
    β€’
    2 years ago
    I did stop by in the afternoon (no cover) the other day but no girls were working. It looks just the same minus the bike/car that dropped down on the stage. It all looks the same otherwise. Maybe 5 or 6 patrons at the bar so I just chatted up with the bartender/staff and other patrons until I had to head out at 6pm. I did see a couple of dancers arriving as I left. For the dancers I understand they have a special deal going for tipout while they are winding back up (I heard $20 total). This is all not really worthy of a review so I posted it here.
  • Danton
    β€’
    7 months ago
    Is there an update on the old Penthouse club ? I drove by 2 weeks ago during the day - it was closed and had no signs or hrs of operation posted !
  • Jascoi
    β€’
    7 months ago
    is a woohoo! deserved here???
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion