tuscl

Attempte rip off at the Porthole Be advised

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Went to Port hole on Wednesday,7/20, arrived 7:05 PM, they're collecting entrance fee from 7PM now it's $10 entry, talent sucked, and I've never had an issue here before, but finally after seeing a dancer that wasn't totally ugly, maybe a 6, but she was a fun conversationalist, the dancer in cahoots with the chunky floor guy tried to rip me off for $20, after we did 4 dances I gave her $100 chunky floor guy tried to rip me off after doing 4 dances gave her $100 dollars and as I left they started in that I owed them $20 dollars more for the booth, I told them to get lost, and another chunky floor guy came over and tried to intimidate me, I quickly told them to get fucked, and left, just want to let everyone here know whats going on , and unfortunately I didn't get the dancer's name but she was a short thick AA with long hair and a big butt, I have been going to the Porthole on and off for at least 25 years, and never had anyone ever tried shit like this with me, I don't know if i will return as I'm not sure who the manager is any more, but guys be warned.

30 comments

• Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I've only been in that place once. But it made an impression on me to never return. Not my kind of hang-out and the talent was scary. Glad you held firm on them.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    thanks for the heads-up 25.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Bummer, I've been a few times lately and haven't seen anything that bad. I did notice the move to $10 at night, I think its $20 on weekends but I'm not sure. I also noticed the dude who likes to peek in rooms was there the last time I went. After this, I'm not sure if I'll stop in next time I down there, which may be today.

With Cheetah up for sale, DD/PH seemingly in decline, and BT being it's usual inconsistent self, Solid Gold/Gold club could maybe finally take advantage and get established. Or the whole area could fall to shit and be nothing but a bunch of clip-joints and wannabe exclusive party spots.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ you know it’s funny as long as I’ve been going there, it’s always been a bit of a dump, but this is the first time I’ve ever had any problems here, I should have been a bit more wary the funny part about this visit I think this is the first time I’ve been there and not seen any familiar faces, not the girls nor the floor guys nor the bartenders.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    This is a really common scam. Surprised they'd do it for such a small amount though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Do u remember if u were in one of the shared dance-booths or the single-booth?
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    I went to PH once, years ago, and that was enough for me. Just not my vibe. Now I have more reason not to return.

Ever since Solid Gold reopened, I have been hoping to see them take over the Pompano market, but if the 6 cars in the parking lot yesterday afternoon is any indication, sadly this does not seem to be the case.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Papi
    It was a double booth but the place wasn’t crowded and we had the booth to ourselves
    @Iknowbetter
    I agree I had high hopes for solid gold went there a few times with some other TUSCLers but I don’t understand why they can’t seem to get traction last few weeks I’ve been to Cheetah which has never been a perfect fit to me, but they are well run and they do have the best girls in the area, if cheetah would provide a bit more light and lower the volume they’d be better.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @Icee
    I think they might have tried to extort more, but I tend to belligerent real quick, and I don’t come across like someone who will take getting ripped off well, so that might have worked in my favor.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    25. In Vegas clubs what they do is if you reject a dancer shell get a bouncer and they'll try saying you owe her money for her time. He'll start threatening to get other bouncers to take you out back to kick you out. Unless you give them like $100 to $200. With VIP costs are almost always upfront. But if you pay with a credit card they'll sometimes charge an exorbitant cleanup fee afterwards.

But yeah you have to stand your ground or they'll push you as much as they can.

Buy I've seen bouncers go as far as sticking their hands in guys pockets to take their wallets out. I think this kind of shit is going to get worse

• twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I don’t think the bouncers really expect mild old me to go from mild nice guy, to belligerent and ready to explode on them and I doubt that the two that were there would have been capable of dealing with me. Maybe if there were 6 or 7 but it was fairly early, and the full crew wa not in yet. One thing I’ll tell you anyone who try’s sticking a hand in my pocket will lose the use of that hand for an extended period of time.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    When you're older they expect you to cower snd give in. Theybsee you as vulnerable.
    Think you'll be afraid. It's very important to be assertive.

I don't know about there but in la some bouncers are illegally armed and in Vegas they have taser and pepper spray. Managers have guns in their offices. And cops tend to look the other way when something happens to customers
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Here in Florida it's smart to assume everyone is armed, keeps most people polite. T2AMers don't always happen at 2AM
    Jes sayin
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    This club has always been a dump with subpar talent – its “saving grace” per se was its value – for the most part one got VHM/UHM at below-market-rates; and for the most-part the dancers tended to be accommodating with little-to-no gps. Another aspect of the club was that it was about the only “mixed” club that had a good # of AAs; so it was an option for chocolate w/o having to hit an all-black-club which were often not necessarily any better.

One needs to be into dives and not expect a 7-up dancer-crew in order to enjoy this club – the more a PL is into clubs like Cheetah or Diamond Dolls or Tootsies; the less one will be into a club like Porthole – Porthole is at best a “niche club” and will not appeal to most SCers.

I think the time you hit it (start of nightshift) was likely a bad-move – in 2021 I hit this club a couple of times on nightshift and it was pretty-unbearable – especially later into the night, the club gets packed w/ a bit shady-looking crowd and it turns mostly into a house-party with everyone hanging-out like it was a seedy-bar (including a good # of female custies) and hardly anyone going to the booths for dances – perhaps if you hit it by 5pm the latest it may still be doable although this club has been trending downwards even b/f Covid but IMO nightshift even more so.

I’ve had an issue here or there with some ghetto-dancers but not many – and never really had an issue with the staff (except the nighttime Russian guy but he hadn’t been there in a long time and I wasn’t much of a nightshift visitor anyway) – but SCs are often in-flux and who’s running them can change at any time and thus change the way the club runs and its vibe – so who knows who’s in charge now especially who’s running the nightshift operations.

It looks like they were trying to hustle you w.r.t. the booth charge – but, there’s an outside-chance this may be a new change; perhaps only implemented at night – i.e. perhaps the club *has* instituted a booth-charge and perhaps only at night?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Hell buddy you know me, I prefer nicer places, I just was headed home and not really ready to call it a night so I stopped in for a change of pace, I doubt the club has actually instituted a new booth charge, more than likely the booth counter was trying out a new hustle, and thinking I was older, and never seeing me before had no Idea I was a regular SCer, and was trying out a new hustle, I doubt he thought I'd push back hard, and I didn't give it to him so there's that, if it was a new club charge, they wouldn't have backed down so quick.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    Was she saying there is a charge for the booth in addition to the dance costs or that the dances were each more expensive because of them being in that type of booth?

I know I've run into situations where a dancer has claimed that dances were more expensive in certain areas that were slightly more secluded even when no other dancer at the club charged more for that area. I generally do the same thing and stand my ground and leave at that point. I have never had a bouncer or other employee try to say the same thing like you experienced.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    There’s never been a booth charge at this club in the 10 years I’ve hit it; so it’s likely a hustle, or an outside-chance it may be a new charge they have instituted.

The way this club, and its sister club Diamond Dolls, works, is that the dancers gotta give the house $5 out of every song they do in the shared-booths (LDs in the shared-booths are $25/song and the dancer pays the house $5/song) – then there is the single/non-shared dance-booth which is 3-songs-for-$100 but in this case the dancer has to give the house $25 – pre-Covid some of the girls were saying the single booth was now 3-for-$125 but IDK if that was a new club rule or the dancer wanting to tack-on her $25 payment so she didn’t have to pay for it.

w.r.t. @twentyfive it could be that they were trying to run a new hustle were they wanna charge the custy the $5/song the dancer has to pay the club so she can keep the whole $25 instead of $20/song.

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    You should write a review as a heads-up for future visitors especially if they happen to visit on nightshift
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    @25 - I love the attitude - armed or not.
    “Maybe if there were 6 or 7”
    The coolest thing about getting old is we still think we can pick up the hottest girl in the bar and kick everyone else’s ass. I swear, I hope this never changes.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    "Here in Florida it's smart to assume everyone is armed, keeps most people polite. "

Is it really like that?
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I don't know anyone that isn't armed, point is smarter to act as if everyone might be, it's very polite that way.
  • Pussylicker2
    2 years ago
    Good move, i hate punk-ass bouncers, I'd tell them to call the cops, I might even start screaming it.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ I never raise my voice, my dad taught me years ag the best way to make them listen is speak softly and make sure you mean what you say.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Florida is really like that. Whenever I visit relatives in South Florida, I am always told please don't drive like you do in Massachusetts; here giving someone the finger is an invitation to pull over and shoot it out.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    In California or Nevada. Even if your gun is legal you can be fined for threatening someone with it or discharging it in public. You can't use a gun as a perceived deterrent.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    ^ very true about guns, and I think it is like that everywhere.

Pick the one you want, then FRMOS. Save booths and back rooms until you need them. For one thing these are toll gates. For another, it is easier to lead the interaction with the girl in the front room.

SJG

The Pretenders - My City Was Gone - Chicago School of Rock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpT0IKNN…
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    ^ if you promise not to tag it CLUB AD he may do that!!!
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    You have to be careful in strip clubs about incurring unexpected charges, or in giving people a chance to rip you off.

FRMOS, save booths, back rooms and special seating areas until you really need them

SJG

The Pretenders - My City Was Gone - Chicago School of Rock
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpT0IKNN…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OYhcVzz…
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Only answer to the shrub is bets made, bets lost, bets unpaid
  • WiseToo
    2 years ago
    "...I should have been a bit more wary the funny part about this visit I think this is the first time I’ve been there and not seen any familiar faces, not the girls nor the floor guys nor the bartenders."

If you ever decide to return make sure there are some familiar faces there who you can ask about any changes in policy, room charges, etc. I assume the old guard is trustworthy since you never had any problems. If you don't see any familiar faces, just leave. You don't want to take a chance and possibly experience another rip off which might not end in your favor.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion