tuscl

Does Porthole allow smoking inside?

I have read a few reviews that described it as dark and smokey and know there are a few Pompano bars that still do smoking inside. Thanks

7 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    AFAIK all South-FL clubs allow smoking inside - they're behind the times.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    Confirmed, Porthole allows smoking inside. Like Papi said, I can't think of any strip clubs that don't allow smoking. Some tend to be smokier than others, but none are smoke-free.
  • dave7933
    a year ago
    Too bad the girls are not smokin' hot there lol.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    Law regarding smoking in Florida (country?) is it’s legal to smoke in a bar or restaurant where less than 10% of sales are made from sale of food. I’m not 100% sure if this is true but what I seem to remember being made law close to two decades ago.

In a restaurant that is primarily outdoors there are less restrictions in regards to smoking. I know because I happen to work at such an establishment
  • TheDaiquiriMan
    a year ago
    thanks guys. I am only in the area as business travel allows and must have gotten lucky sitting around non smokers before.

In the northeast it is effectively impossible to smoke indoors now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    a year ago
    Porthole is more of a blue-collar-dive; thus smoking is likely a bit more of an issue there – most other SoFlo mixed-clubs are filled w/ Cuban-dancers and IME they don’t tend to be smokers although some of them are.

FYI – at least per my last Porthole visit in the Fall of 2021; nightshift was heavily-AA (in case chocolate is not your pref) – most/many of the Porthole regulars seem to stick to dayshift where it’s more mixed.
  • Dolfan
    a year ago
    Solid Gold tends to be low smoke, mostly cause it's a big ass building that only has a few people, but also because they ventilate it well. Cheetah isn't empty but they do a pretty good job ventilating so it's rarely offensive. BT and DD aren't as bad as Porthole, but BT & DD sell cigars and you'll periodically get guys who like to smoke em. Porthole is more smokey than everyplace except Pink. Pink has not only cigs, but lots of pot smoking too. And it's a tiny fucking building.

I see few strippers smoking cigarettes these days. Most have gone to vaping. So it's mostly customers who smoke, at least thats the way it seems to me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion