tuscl

Buying Drinks For The Whole Club

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Thursday, July 14, 2022 1:56 AM
It was a late Saturday afternoon at an Indiana gentlemen's club. I had a great day and was full of joie de vivre. I told the waitress. "I'm buying everyone in here a Jager Bomb." She looked shocked. I had to repeat myself, "I would like to buy everyone in the club a Jager Bomb." I sent her out to every customer, staff member, and dancer. She pointed back at me and explained to each person they were getting a Jager Bomb or another Bomb/shot of their choice at the same price point courtesy of the green dinosaur sitting across the room. I ended up paying for twenty-one drinks: six dancers, four employees (bartender, DJ, bouncer, waitress), and eleven customers including myself. Although this was just me up to my usual antics and spreading a little joy in the strip club, it was also a social experiment. I want to hear a few guesses to the following questions, then I will be like Paul Harvey and tell "the rest of the story": 1) How many people bought a drink in return for me? 2) How many people thanked me for the drink?

27 comments

• steve3000
    2 years ago
    Interesting experiment. 1) 3 return drinks 2) 10 thank yous
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Yeah I say 2 drinks bought and 8 thanks.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    Well... were there 2 customers in the place, or 200?
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    Maybe once or twice a year I'll be in a club where some guy tries to buy a drink for a group of us or even the whole bar. I turn that drink down every single time, precisely because it places an obligation on me that I don't want. Where I come from, there's a Man Code that says that if another man buys you a drink, then you buy him one in return. That's fine when I'm out with friends or family, but I don't want that obligation with some random attention seeking jerkoff (not saying this is you sinclair lol) when I'm flying solo at the club. Now dancers, female bar staff and maybe even male staff - different story. It's not really fair to expect those in service roles to return the favor, but if they accept the drink then at least a thank you is in order. As to who actually did the right thing, I suspect that numbers are low, lmao. The current generation just wasn't raised right, especially those that end up in strip clubs.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    "I ended up paying for twenty-one drinks: six dancers, four employees (bartender, DJ, bouncer, waitress), and eleven customers including myself." My bad. Sorry. I'm a little drunk.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    7 of 11 customers said thank you Zero dancers 2 return drinks / bartender and waitress
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    On the buy-back, I'd say five: 3 customers 1 employee (bartender) 0 dancers How many thanked you: None, unless you count a buy-back as a thank you.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    * "I'd say four." Like I said, I'm drunk. Thankfully I'm at home.
  • whodey
    2 years ago
    My guess would be 3 drinks bought for you (bartender, waitress and 1 customer) 5 thank you (bouncer, dj and 3 customers) 6 "wanna dance?" from the 6 dancers 2 "can you buy me another drink?" from the two least attractive girls in the club
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    I'd guess 0 drinks back, and at most 4 thank you's. The DJ, the bartender/waitress, one of the male staff and one customer. I'm with Rick though; Although it doesn't happen to me with that same regularity, I decline those offers when they come up. I'd have given you a perfunctory nod or some half assed gesture to say thanks, but no thanks. It's not worth the associated obligation, I'm not at the strip club to befriend dudes. I'm there for strippers.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I would have done both 1 and 2.
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    i might catch his eye and mime a cheers. 3) all, even the dudes, gave u a big wet kiss.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I hate when a complete stranger buys me a drink or a lap dance. I usually just refuse the offer but if it is too late for that then I just ignore the person. The buyer is usually drunk and the dancer is in my opinion a fugly.
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    2 Buybacks. 10 Thank Yous My question is what did that cost you? At my VFW the tab would have been about $60.....
  • Longball300
    2 years ago
    BTW, damn nice of you Sinclair.
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    Nobody sent a drink to my table. Five out of the other twenty people said "thank you". One dancer came over and thanked me for the drink. The waitress thanked me, but that is not too surprising since I gave her a nice tip for twenty-one drinks. The DJ thanked me over the sound system. Two customers, a couple, were very grateful and thanked me. They were actually visiting the club with the woman's intellectually disabled son who was an adult. A 25% response rate wasn't too bad considering the average person lacks manners and common decency in 2022 America. The DJ must have been impressed with the gesture because he invited me up to the DJ booth to pick out some songs for the next dancer's set. I remember one of the songs I picked was Call Me Master. [view link] I used to go to a bar in New Orleans where it was not unusual for someone to walk in and buy the whole bar another round. Then someone else would buy another round to return the favor. Then another person would buy a round. And another round would be bought, etcetera. The next thing you knew, everyone would get alcohol poisoning before they could drink all the beers or cocktails put in front of them. Those were the days.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    It used to be more common before Covid, and if I accepted a drink I always returned the favor by buying a reciprocal drink, but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen this happening and it’s not something I miss.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    @sinclair: Sadly I'm not surprised by the tepid response. But on the bright side, you did get some of the attention that you were seeking with the DJ shout-out and the dancer visit, so I guess it wasn't a complete loss. 😉
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    —>“ I remember one of the songs I picked was Call Me Master. [view link] Woah! I’m surprised at that choice. Wish I could have been at that club (and not for the free drink, lol)
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    If you're doing it as a gesture. Don't be counting favors. I've done it and never cared who bought a drink or thanked me. If you're keeping track you're doing it for the wrong reasons
  • iknowbetter
    2 years ago
    I would have liked to meet the legendary dinosaur, but I never accept drinks from strangers. It creeps me out - like when a PL wants to talk to me too much. Sorry, I’m not antisocial but I go to the strip club to look at naked dancers, not hear some random guy’s life story.
  • sinclair
    2 years ago
    Longball300, about $200 total for the drinks and the tip. In reality that is about the cost of six lap dances at most strip clubs nowadays.
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    I'm with Rick on refusing drinks from people I don't know. That said, I'm surprised you got <em>that</em> response. I'm not sure I would have expected anyone to thank you.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    I wouldn't do anything like that. The people still need to drive home. Drive to bars are an anachronism, something we will eventually eliminate. SJG School of Rock [view link] [view link]
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Refusing a drink coz you don't want to buy one in return is low.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Frenulum
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ Trolling a board where everyone hates you is much lower iceydougee!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion