tuscl
Club Platinum
1905 Piedmont Rd NE Atlanta, GA 30324

Closed for renovations

Monday, July 11, 2022 4:01 PM
Gents, I was able to confirm with a Platinum OG that the club is closed for renovations. Not sure for how long. The girl I chatted with is now dancing at Vivide, but said some girls went to other clubs as well, so check in with your favorite dancer to see where she is.

20 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Could be it's for renovations - but over the yesrs this is an excuse clubs have given when they are having some kinda (often legal) issue keeping them from operating - it's rare a club would completely close it's doors for an extended period of time and lo$e all that revenue in order to renovate the place.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    ^ especially a ca$h-cow like Platinum
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    The place has been a real dump for a long time. I did read a report last week that workers were seen in the parking lot.
  • Capt Obvious
    2 years ago
    Wish they would/could make the main lap dance area bigger. That’s the main negative for me….too damn cramped!
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Just read on another site that the club may have been renamed "Silhouettes".
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Never mind. I just found it on Twitter from 2014.
  • jurassicman070320
    2 years ago
    Damn, wish I'd seen this before taking cash out and going today. They still had everything marked off and people outside screaming at us, "WE CLOSED!" Could have used a few nice lap dances to take my mind off work. Hope it really is just renovations and not more permanent. Several people mentioned their license expired, so I hope Follies 2.0 does not actually become...Follies 2.0!
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    I passed by Platinum yesterday afternoon. There were two large blacked out SUV's backed in but no other cars. There we a big dude in tactical gear with a gun standing guard at the entrance. WTF?
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Restocking liquor after renovation?
  • Mr_Magnificent
    2 years ago
    Just heard from a reliable source that Platinum will be closed for at least 3 months. The reason for the closure was still unknown.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    They're probably tied up in legal work or trying to bribe the right people - my gut feeling is someone wants that piece of real-estare for redevelopment and wants the club outta there - I assume Atlanta is growing like many other cities in the sunbelt
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Wasn't the AMP place where the shootings took place next to this club? Might the AMP and club have the same owners and thus the city sees them as problematic and wants them gone?
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    There are 2 spas. One next door and one across the street and yes the owner of Club Platinum does own one of them. I think the one across the street. The house mom at Vivide told me that last Friday and Saturday they had 60-70 dancers on day shift because most of the Platinum Cuban dancers have moved over there. The bar tender told me that the former night crew at Platinum is moving to nights at Vivide. The major rumor is that it is a license issue.
  • jurassicman070320
    2 years ago
    Howdy, gents. Just heard a few minutes ago from one of the bartenders there that they are expected to open back up in September!
  • AtlLuker
    2 years ago
    Confirmed 100% it’s a license issue & not “remodeling”. APD denied the liquor license. If you go to the link below, on item 45 you can see the denial in black & white. [view link] I think it’s wrong since platinum didn’t have any shootings like the other clubs in the city.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    "... Just heard a few minutes ago from one of the bartenders there that they are expected to open back up in September ..." Believe it when you see it - I've heard stories like this over the years about different clubs - sometimes they *do* reopen; often they do not - it's a crapshoot at best
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    Yesterday I had lunch with a former Follies dancer, a Griffin girl, who now occasionally works at Vivide. She has been in contact with a former Follies bouncer that was a bouncer at Platinum. He is now working in Tampa and told her that Platinum is toast. Apparently the owner died and his heirs are unable to get his adult entertainment license transferred to them. I remember another TUSCL member reporting a couple of times that the City of Atlanta is not issuing any new licenses. I personally won't miss this shit hole.
  • jurassicman070320
    2 years ago
    😲. Damn. It was no Follies but imo, it was the next best thing. I guess Vivide is the go-to spot now?
  • jurassicman070320
    2 years ago
    Welp, not sure if it's official, but now if you Google the club, it says "Permanently closed." The bartender who told me they'd open back up in September said they'd find out officially in October, but it definitely feels like it's going the same route as Follies: it was also down for unknown reasons for several months before it came up as permanently closed online.
  • Mr_Magnificent
    2 years ago
    So I heard from a former Platinum dancer is she’s heard Platinum will be back open in November. Not sure how accurate that info is, but she heard there was a liquor license issue, and the owners used that time to renovate. I know the license issue was reported months ago. We’ll see if this is true or not.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion