tuscl

Dancer Categorization

DougS
Florida
While talking with a dancer (dancer A) who was talking about another dancer (dancer B), she said something that kind'a surprised me, but makes total sense. Dancer A said that Dancer B was her main competition because they were in the same "category" - (smaller tits, thin build, 5'-3"ish, pretty face). Prior to this discussion, I figured a dancer's competition was ALL of the other girls at that club, but it makes sense that it would be more category related.

After all, the customers each have their own likes. For instance my preference is the girls with long, silky hair, thin build. I'm NOT going to be looking at the thicker dancers... or the huge titted girls...

I thought it was an interesting angle that I'd never really considered.

11 comments

• TessieV
    17 years ago
    This is completely true. Two dancers with similar looks/features will both be attractive to the same customers. Therefore, they are in direct competition with one another, and not necessarily every other girl in the club.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Tessie: I guess that explains how a dancer who is what many customers consider a "fugly" can survive at a particular club. There ARE customers that like that type, and she would have pretty much sole possession of those customers.
  • snowtime
    17 years ago
    I had never really given this much thought but it is certainly true to a point. I too like thin and natural dancers and will try to get their attention and avoid eye contact with those who don't fit my taste. I am not sure that the girls actually pick up on a guy's preferences and approach them or not accordingly. I rather think that they see each patron as a potential dance customer and will not evaluate the customer first. Of course if you are a regular and they already know your habits they will probably be reluctant to approach you if they realize they are not your type. In most cases I don't think they have the time or willingness to make such evaluations before approaching a guy. And since many guys (unlike myself) have a wide range of tastes they are probably smart not to rule anyone out.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Customers are getting rare during this economic crises that we are experiencing. Dancer compition has escalated, because I believe we're talking "potential income" vs. "dancers' honor codes". Doesn't surprise me at all.

DougS - Go for it my man! Take on the newer dancer, test her limits!:-)
  • motorhead
    17 years ago
    Doug - an interesting point I had never thought about either. I always assumed the dancers considered all the girls to be their competition, but especially the stereotypical "stripper" types - tall, large-breasted blondes. I never really thought of a girl indentifying another dancer as fierce competition because she was similar looking.
  • Philip A. Stein
    17 years ago
    Well, I spread the wealth. If there's a dancer that fits my bill, I'll get a couple lappers from her. If there are two, I'll get a couple lappers from both, ect...

I'm gonna test drive all the Corvettes on the lot.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    This is a main point of conflict among strippers in a club IMO. I agree that there are many "categories" of strippers that compete among themselves, but if there's one pretty girl in a club that gets all the attention and the dances...that will almost always lead to conflict, especially in the less professional clubs. One of my former ATFs ran into this all the time...
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I don't think it's all that common for dancers to think in those terms. As often as not, a dancer's best friends in the club will be other girls with a similar look and appeal who all have a lot of regulars in common. They view one another as their best allies in a fairly common cause, and each probably helps the others' business more than they take away. Of course, competition doesn't have to preclude friendship, but when you're talking about dancers it usually does.
  • Clubber
    17 years ago
    Interesting observation, and in my recent experience, it seems true. That said, I do not know if that is the case where I mostly go now, or the fact that the bartender "edits" dancers to my liking. The rest tend to leave me alone.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    I have to agree, presuming a club where there is a lot of dancers. I can see where a certain dancer would view a similar dancer as a rival. I got two favorites at my #2 club who are both big boobed blondes (one of them is probably more of a reddish blonde, actually) and they are always asking me if the other does this or that, or whatnot. I don't know if its war or just a friendly competition, but there is clearly something there. But they don't ever go off on the one black girl I regularly get dances with there. However, the black girl will talk about the other black girls. So I think there is something to the theory.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    I do my best to find the dancers who seem to keep themselves distant from the girl-girl politics of certain clubs. They work a random set of days, sometimes no weekends at all, and come in whenever they think they'll make money. They interact more with the men than with the women. They might be slightly older than most of the girls who are new and sprightly and gleeful and annoying. These girls can either turn into jaded overly professional money grubbers (avoid! avoid!) or the sweetest most delightful people you can ever spend your time with. They know how to negotiate so that both parties tend to feel they're getting a good deal; they know how to interact such that money-flow just "seems natural" and doesn't disappoint the male; and they tend to give a bit more than you expect them to give, in terms of whatever reasonable expectations of contact or extras there might have been going on in the customer's mind. Inevitably, as well, these women are much brighter than the average stripper.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion