tuscl

Cigarettes can kill you

mark94
Arizona
Wednesday, April 27, 2022 3:37 PM
The pilot onboard EgyptAir flight MS804 lit a cigarette in the cockpit, causing oxygen leaking from an emergency mask to combust. A total of 66 passengers and crew died when the Airbus A320 which was travelling from Paris Charles de Gaulle in France to Cairo, Egypt in May 2016 crashed into the Mediterranean Sea south of the Greek island of Crete. The plane made violent swerves before falling into a “death spiral” over the Med.

7 comments

• georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    "causing oxygen leaking from an emergency mask to combust." That is absolutely <em>not</em> what happened.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    Maybe citing the article, where these details were found, would be helpful.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    here is where it came from: [view link]
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    France’s Bureau of Enquiry and Analysis for Civil Aviation Safety (BEA) has since concluded that pilot Mohamed Said Shoukair’s mid-air smoke break led to a fire onboard the Airbus A320 jet when his cigarette ignited oxygen leaking from an oxygen mask in the cockpit. The air disaster resulted in the deaths of 56 passengers and 10 crew members, among them 12 French nationals, 30 Egyptians, two Iraqis, one Canadian and one British citizen.
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    I sure as shit will NOT ever fly AirEgypt if you have pilots like that flying me. I need to get rich so I can avoid dying from commercial pilots idiocy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Damn - he should've stepped outside the plane if he wanted a smoke
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion