tuscl

random: is it me, or in 2022 average folks don't cross their legs anymore lol

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Sunday, April 17, 2022 3:18 AM
i'm just saying: it feels like when i was growing up, i'd see plenty of folks with their legs causally crossed when they were seated. i'd often notice because i can't cross my legs. it just feels so awkward and uncomfortable for me if i ever try it. and it doesn't fit my personality, IMO. but it's dawned on me lately that i don't happen to see people with causally crossed legs when seated to the degree that i used to see it. seemed like it was much more common to see growing up at one point...

8 comments

• ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    "Basic Instinct" came out in 1992. After that, people figured, if Sharon Stone doesn't need to cross 'em even with no undies on, why should I ever do it?
  • Omega_Entertainment
    2 years ago
    it has to do with how they were raised. typically lower ends of the income bracket dont teach their kids any manners or how to act in general beyond getting a shoe up their ass when they cross a line. As such we have new generations with zero class, and leg crossing is just one thing lacking.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Most people are too fat now to be able to cross their legs or maybe they have a scorching case of herpes and need the air flow.
    2 years ago
    Plus so many ppl are fat and at some point of fatness leg crossing is no longer comfortable.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I still see it all the time. But with many Americans I think weight is the problem.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I always heard one way the Nazis during WW II identified American spies was by the way they crossed their legs. There’s the European (feminine) style and the angle over knee (American) style
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I'm overweight, but even when I was young and fit I could never do that girly style of leg crossing. Besides that I wouldn't want to cause it looks gay, it was physically very unnatural to me. I think a guy who does that must have bone/muscle structure similar to a woman.
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    Some things just seem to fall out of fashion. When I was a child fifty-five years ago people whistling songs seemed to be common, but it's been years since I've heard a person whistling. Other things that were more common back then were people belonging to bowling leagues, cigarette smoking, kite flying, men wearing hats, stamp collecting as a hobby, certain games like mah-jongg or bridge, vegetable gardening and men opening doors for women. When I watch old movies, I'll sometimes notice something that I remember being common when I was child but now no longer is.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion