tuscl

Reviews versus Penthouse Letters

BigFree
California
I like to read reviews on this site. Reviews that give out good information that can be assessed and later, acted upon.

But I'm seeing a lot more of what reads like 'Penthouse Letters' rather than a review of the establishments and the BG's/Strippers contained within. I don't need to know about how hard she made you. I don't need to know that she thinks you're a good kisser. I don't need to know you found a good listener in Lisa.

I'd like just some fairly straight reviews with pertinent information. I know a lot of folks leave things out because they've read it already in another review and just think they're beating a dead horse. But, it's actually relevant to actually state facts over and over agains in different reviews. It lets folks know they can count on the reliability of a place. That service from one person isn't just a one-off experience, but a well honed experience laid out by the establishment/provider.

Go ahead and embellish a bit if you must, but get the basic details out there, even if it's somewhat of a repeat of what some other bloke wrote 3 months ago. Put your take on it, but don't go all "Dear Penthouse...."

7 comments

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    This is kind of funny but probably true. If you have never been there, Zona Norte is kind of a fantasyland for a lot of guys. You can actually have the fantasies that you have dreamed about. Some guys do like to brag about what happened to them while there. One suggestion would be to look at the profile pages of the guys that post a lot in this Forum. Then look at the Reviews that they post thru their profile page. You're probably going to get some good information from them. OR you can always PM certain Posters and ask direct questions.

My opinion is this. There is Hong Kong. Then there is everything else below that. But the information you want is here on TUSCL. You just may have to filter thru some letters about people's exploits,
  • how
    3 years ago
    Actually, I take a different approach to the reviews. The "club details" rarely change, and I skip those opening lines about them. The "Penthouse Letters" portion can either be entertaining, informative, both... or a waste of time. But it's usually at least entertaining. The way such stories can be informative is if they consistently give an indication of how the mileage is at a particular club. That data is more relevant than the stage layout and bar location...
  • docsavage
    3 years ago
    A lot of the members who approve or reject reviews seem to really want detailed price information. I don't really care about something like whether beers are four dollars or eight dollars. Either way I can afford that. I also don't care that much about the layout of the club. If someone wants to put it in their reviews that's fine but I don't miss it that much if it's not there. What I care about is what the girls look like, how friendly they are, and what are the best times of day and best days of the week to go there. The best time, day and place to actually have a good chance to find a pretty stripper to do lap dances with me is the most pertinent piece of information to me.
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    I hear ya'. The key is the review isn't about you, it's about the club. Anybody can concoct a "Dear Penthouse" like experience. (aka, write a bullshit review).

While personal anecdotes of club visit are nice icing on the cake, I need to see enough details to convince me that you were actually at club. It doesn't have to a remodeling contractors or building inspectors report. Again, just enough to convince me you were actually there. (Layout, prices, etc.)

Remember, it's not about you, it's about the club.
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    Anyone who reads my reviews knows I like to write long reviews, with proper paragraphs and grammar for readability of course. I try to always convey the basics per the standard, but then I write lots of details and anecdotes, though generally not about explicit sexual experiences. The reviewers seem to like this and give me little notes of appreciation (“well written”, “interesting read”, etc) when I do write well. So there is appreciation amongst reviewers for good writing, though I’ve noticed they don’t enjoy anything too creative or whimsical, you’ll get an “incoherent” for that.
  • PutaTester
    3 years ago
    All good remarks. And it shows that there are different strokes.

Driving across the country, I would have one evening to spend at a club in a town with multiple options. Then I will read the reviews for all of the clubs in range. I go to the clubs for the girls. Which clubs will provide the best ROI?

And then there is the issue of telling too much and risking the club getting in trouble.

Short Version: The best review is one that verifies the layout, processes and costs, and conveys how the girls are likely to respond to me. Staff and management are the most dynamic elements and that should be the focus.

Finally, if you have contributed reviews, you can criticize others. If not…maybe write a few and see what it looks like from the other side.
    3 years ago
    Prices for services and how good looking the providers are is what I focus on. Don’t care what a beer costs but a $50 cover or a $500 vip room is going to send me somewhere else. Conversely a $50 BJ from a 7 is enough reason to drive across town to check it out.

Like others, I might only have 1 night in a town so I try to avoid driving all over the place and reviews help me accomplish that.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion