tuscl

Nude swim, harvest pot

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Last naked swim*, harvest pot
'Twas my weekend, whatcha got?

Seriously, am I the only one on these boards that grows most of their own weed? Buds are thick and sticky, time to bring them in, start the drying. Another good year, no ash, and little smoke, time to try out this years’ dope.
*It’s cool and wet now, but Sunday was summers’ last(?) day
So strip we did, swimming’s better naked, that’s the way.

9 comments

• JimGassagain
    3 years ago
    Kids got sick, so I made a trip to the pediatrician and stopped by the pharmacy. Wife was tired of cooking and caring for 5 kids, so I tried making dinner and catered in from Shake Shack!

Bacon!!
  • SirLapdancealot
    3 years ago
    I would like to eventually grow my own but that's a long term retirement project.

So what strains do you grow and harvest, @gSteph? I'm partial to Ursula Major these days but it doesn't really matter as long as it is strong.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Do you grow your own guys have problems with thieves stealing your grow? Just for a lark back in the 70's in CA I stated 5 plants from seed given to me. When they were big enough I transplanted then to my back yard. They were shielded from view on all side except from the second story of my neighbors house. When the plants were about 4 feet tall somebody jumped the wall and ripped them out of the ground. I suspect the teens that lived next door.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    @Sirlap: This year we only grew two plants, a Black Cherry Cheesecake, an Indica leaning hybrid, and Pennywise, a half and half, THC, CBD blend. Been liking some CBD in the mix lately. Put them in later than previous years, so they didn’t get so big. Lol, still have a gallon of buds from last year.

@Shadowcat: No problems in the modern era; Oregon has been fully legal for years now, has the cheapest quality pot around. One can buy ounces here for $50 sometimes.

I got a 1/3 acre lot in suburbia with tall fences all around. But in the bad old days it was different. In my youth, I tried 3-4 times to grow some out in the woods, in the back of the meadow, out past the swamp, various out of the way places. All those grows ended with premature harvest by unknowns. Bummer.
  • misterorange
    3 years ago
    Would love to try it, but the weed I get these days never has any seeds in it. When I was a kid, seeds were an annoyance that had to be picked out before rolling or packing a bong, and unusable extra weight in an eighth or quarter bag. Hardly gave any thought to growing, and as the internet didn't exist yet, proper harvesting technique was something not many people knew about.

My buddy and I did plant some seeds once just for fun and were amazed that they actually grew. I'm sure we picked them far too early, and they just shriveled up into useless dry leaves. Now that I have the time and motivation to try and do it right, I can't find any seeds.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Easier to buy than grow and the money means nothing.
  • magicrat
    3 years ago
    ^^What skibum said
  • drewcareypnw
    3 years ago
    I don’t smoke pot, but I do like growing stuff in my garden. Tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, etc. it’s a nice feeling to have grown the thing you are about to consume.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    ^ I agree with drew, sure I couldn't afford to buy all we consume, but it is neat to grow much of one's food. And weed is the same, watching the girls swell up in the fall, sweet terpeens scenting the garden. Getting ripe and ready for you, yeah 😎
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion