Local adult nightclub owner agrees to sell off Denver-area assets in $88M deal

https://www.bizjournals.com/denver/news/…

I get the impression this won’t affect anything. But figured it was worth linking to.

7 comments

• marty_mcfly
    3 years ago
    RCI has a small but loyal shareholder base. It's a big deal for them and the market reacted favorably (stock up 15% today).

I wonder if customers prefer the RCI clubs over smaller clubs in the various RCI markets; or vice versa. RCI may have some market data. And I wonder about the dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Seem like many upheavals are in play.

SJG
  • Tr6guy
    3 years ago
    This is a big concern for those of us in the Denver area! Troy owned the majority of the clubs here and had established a strong clientele. two of the clubs had private "membership" rooms where you paid an annual fee getting you and your guests free access to all of the clubs in the chain and access to the private room.

These rooms were decorated as high end cigar lounges with a private bar, private bathroom, private entrance doors, private individual dance rooms, a free pool table and personalized service from the staff. All of the alcohol served is top shelf. the dancers were not allowed to 'solicit' for dances from the patrons and actually had to be invited back to join them in the room.

There were multiple TV's and a large screen projector screen and all the Pay Per View sports would be shown. In one of the clubs, the room was on an upper level with a full length glass wall overlooking the main club. Each had a separate sound system so you were not bombarded with the loud DJ's and dance music. You could actually have a conversation without shouting.

As you can guess, these rooms became very social with most of the members either getting to know or be acquainted with the others, each had their favorite entertainers and the entertainers knew if invited back they were going to bank. Fight nights were always an event.

There is a large concern as to what will happen with the rooms and the memberships.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Somebody else made a thread on this same topic right around the time I did. Several of us believe it will change nothing due to how RCI has behaved when it bought out other clubs. Somebody else said Ricks had a hand with PTs ever since 2010 it’s just the building ownership now is the main thing.

I do remember the article said they were retaining “key” employees whatever that means, so hopefully those key employees remaining will keep the membership customers needs in mind. Seems like a really good chance of that.

https://tuscl.net/discussion.php?id=7667…
  • Tr6guy
    3 years ago
    Ricks tried to buy the chain years ago but both parties backed out of it when they could not reach an agreement. I believe it was only 11 million at the time and not the 80 as was reported this time. It is my understanding that the #2 guy based in St Louis and the Regional Director here in Colorado have accepted offers to be retained by the new organization
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Here’s my favorite part

“$13 million for associated intellectual property”
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ Lol, I didn’t even pick up on that. 😆
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion