tuscl

not trying to open a can of worms, (tho i am) but...

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
Monday, July 26, 2021 7:30 AM
don't wanna start a fire, but i've been so damned curious about this... so, in my area, a strip club owner SUDDENLY died, one year. but as far as i know, it wasn't and has not been mentioned in the local press. i've seen condolences mentioned in facebook posts, though. and upon his death, his SC closed as well. here's the thing: in my world, nothing isn't reported by the press. say whatever you want, believe whatever you want. but nothing is missed by the press. every little thing eventually gets recorded and reported. somewhere. somewhere. somewhere. that's what i believe. but offhand, i can't find any info on this SC owner's death. i don't even know his actual name. but all this shouldn't be hard to find. right? he was an SC owner it seems for christsake. then again, who knows if the venue was under his name. my question / my thing is: you'd think an SC owner's sudden death would be newsworthy. on a basic level. he owned the venue for years. his venue was a visual part of the community. he employed countless women. if he suddenly dies, how is that not mentioned any-damned-where? i heard, he was a private guy who didn't like showing his face in public, preferred to remain in secrecy, and that he maintained business outside the SC. some ponder if he faked his death since it was so sudden. i guess the life of an SC owner isn't always eye-catching. but again, i just don't see how that's not in the news: how he dies, his visible SCs close down permanently because of it, yet it's not mentioned anywhere in the news. at the time he suddenly died, his SCs were open and actively employing folks. any thoughts out there?

13 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    gothamyte said: "you'd think an SC owner's sudden death would be newsworthy." I wouldn't. Not unless he was newsworthy in some other way, such as he was mobbed up, etc. But even then, it's not a guarantee depending on what else is going on. Lots of business owners die and get no coverage. Lots of businesses shut down right after their owners die for a bunch of reasons, most often poor planning. In this instance, it's possible that whoever inherited the business (perhaps the bank) decided they didn't want to be in the titty bar business. And I've known people who passed away and didn't want any fuss to be made. No obituary, funeral, or memorial. I don't see why you thought this would "open a can of worms".
  • gobstopper007
    3 years ago
    Depends. Was he friend of Epstein or any high profile politicians?
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    Plenty of successful business owners die sudden and unremarkable deaths. If he was not prominent in the community, I do not necessarily see his death making much news. Recently, a long-time much beloved old school family doctor passed away in the town near our clinic. He didn't want it to be news and it wasn't, even though it had more impact on the community than the passing of an adult business owner.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    It sounds like a private person died, and his passing wasn’t mentioned in the local paper. So, things were handled as he wished. If you don’t know his name, you can’t search the local obituaries. I understand the suspicion that can arise from the sudden passing of a strip club owner, and that’s fine. But this might be an uneventful unexpected passing.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Unless a crime is suspected why would it be news? How big is your community and how many people from there die of natural causes every year? If anything I would think a strip club closing would get more news coverage in most cities just to make the small group of people that hates all strip clubs happy. In my small little farm town of less than 500 people when someone dies it is news in so far as it quickly spreads through word of mouth and an obituary in the county newspaper the following weekend. If their death was not by unnatural causes (crime, accident, etc) I wouldn't expect any more unless it was a particularly well known and liked individual. In a larger city I don't think most natural deaths would even get that much attention.
  • BubbleYum
    3 years ago
    Why the fuck would that be considered newsworthy? Does the news report on every business owner's death? No? Okay then. Think, dude. And since you're so nosy, all you have to do is look up the business licenses for your state to find out who owned it. And then you'll know his name and can stalk him and his family that way.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    As BubbleYum mentioned - there are several ways you can stalk the deceased owner online. It would likely be a better use of your time than posting a nebulous question here. As someone posted in one of his other discussions - I think the OP is trying to make something out of nothing.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Don't worms eat dead people, why would you need to open a can of worms ?
  • JamesSD
    3 years ago
    The owner of the #1 club in my city would be newsworthy if he passed. He's had numerous high profile battles with the city over the years. The owner of the #3 club? No idea who it is.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    It doesn't seem that newsworthy....unless he was scandalous or had problems
  • gothamyte
    3 years ago
    by the way, 'newsworthy' doesn't mean 10 o'clock news on local TV. i'm saying, i don't see any random article about it. anywhere. even small time, small town newspapers. but i'll have to keep looking. tho i will take the advice above and check out through public records who owned the venue and see if i can get a name. good idea. guys, this club of course was on social media. and has been mentioned on social media by patrons when it was open. it was open for many years. it was popular. i'm not talking some lowkey forgettable venue. i just can't see the owner dying and nothing being said. at all. nowhere. oh and as for his death--it's been debated whether or not he was outright murdered or if he suddenly died by natural causes. or if he was murdered, but his death was made to look like natural causes. on facebook, the RIPs didn't off-hand mention a motorcylce accident or car accident, or illness that I can recall. Just all the handful of quick RIP posts without his name nor image the year it happened and that's it. Just "RIP the owner of blah blah" on Facebook with sad faces and that post ditto'd about a dozen times and that's it.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    None of what you mention makes this guy's death, or the closing of his club, worth news coverage. That includes idle gossip about his death.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    Just because he died suddenly doesn't make it newsworthy. People die suddenly of heart attacks, strokes, aneurysms and other natural causes every day. In fact millions of people in the US die every year without any news coverage. Gothamyte have you ever known a family member, friend, coworker or anybody else that died? Was there news coverage of each of their deaths? If not, what makes this club owner's death newsworthy?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion