tuscl

How many 2AMer clubs have you been in?

doctorevil
Evil Lair
I noticed that I had been in several of the clubs that were the subject of recent Shadowcat 2AMer postings, not when it happened, but at some time prior. I thought this was unusual because the last two, The Ball and Teasers are both middle-of-nowhere dives. Checking the posting to the beginning of the year, it looks like I have been in at least 8 clubs that were the subject of 2AMer postings. Those eight are listed below, and I know I have been in others from previous years. Any of you been in clubs that had 2AMer incidents?

The Ball, Knoxville, Tennessee

Teasers, Newton, Alabama

Onyx—Last there years ago when it was The Masters

Sugars, San Antonio, Texas

Diamond Dolls, Clearwater, Florida

Sparky’s, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Scores, Tampa, Florida

Crazy Horse, Nashville, Tennessee

12 comments

• gSteph
    3 years ago
    I like my quiet little town.

Several years ago there was some 2am trouble locally, but the cops got there before any bloodshed
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    The local Scarlett's had a 2AM'er. I'm sure I have been in plenty of others, fortunately never there when it occurred.
  • shadowcat
    3 years ago
    Rumors Forest Park(Atlanta) GA
    Platinum Plus Greenville SC
    Crush Columbia SC 2 maybe more under different name.
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    3 years ago
    Four incidents in three clubs over the past twenty years. #1: On-duty cop ends up shooting an off-duty cop in the parking lot. #2: Drug dealer vs. drug dealer in the parking lot. #3: Customer vs. customer stabbing in the parking lot #4: A two-can-short-of-a-6-pack boyfriend of an on-duty dancer & an accomplice decide to rob the SC. They walk in and he fires a shotgun blast into the ceiling. Two off-duty cops sitting at the end of the SC bar fire back, killing the BF and wounding the accomplice.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    If it's just clubs in the news for violence I've been to ever it's a lot. A few them I'd left the night something happened, and at least one guy I saw on the night he was gunned down talking shit outside as I was leaving. He never left that parking lot alive. Seen lots of fights and people get hurt. Seen weapons. But don't I think I've seen anyone stabbed or shot at a strip club with me there.

People get heated. Can't remember if it was earlier this year or last year, but I was with one of my dancer friends going to a club notorious for fighting, mayhem, and the occasional murder. It's on the list Doc made. As we get out of the car there's a fight off in the grass out back. Two guys rolling around on the ground throwing punches as a small crowd is egging them on. She starts trying to stand on her tippy toes to watch, then starts walking towards it and I gently take her arm and steer her toward the entrance. Reminding her as we walk that people get shot at this place over dumb shit like this.

The funniest thing about it is that as we get to the front door some security guard comes busting out like SWAT as I'm talking to the valet about maybe somebody should break the fight up. If my friend hadn't gotten distracted by the ruckus she would've probably been standing right at the door and gone flying like Jazzy Jeff.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    If you take all the more popular clubs in these cities and maybe a few dives, I’ve been to them all, so there’s had to have been a few 2amers somewhere in there:

Dallas

San Antonio

Austin

Detroit

Cleveland

Toronto

Indianapolis

Las Vegas
  • RTP
    3 years ago
    I have been to many of the 2amer clubs, but usually during the daytime. Most of these clubs have a much more laid back vibe during the day/early evening. I have rarely had any concern in these clubs of getting caught up in an incident.

I was once in a club in Charlotte where a dancer and a bartender got into it and 3 or 4 cops showed up. I also was trying to leave the same club once and the door was blocked by a bouncer/manager who was refusing entry to 3 rather large guys who were not taking no for an answer so well. That was perhaps the scariest incident I ever had and it really was not that scary.
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    XTC Dallas, left about 1 hr before 3 ppl shot and 1 killed.
  • magicrat
    3 years ago
    The only one I'm aware of is the since closed Platinum Plus in Greenville, SC. They had a couple of 2amers and after the second a favorite of mine told me it's just a matter of time until this place gets shut down. She was correct although it took a lot longer than I thought it would.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I think I’ve been to a few.

Lookers in Elizabeth NJ is one that has had some issues.

Sunrise in Paterson NJ had a few issues as well.

I think World Paradise (or World P as my homies called it) had some action on hot Irvington NJ evenings.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    The very first club I danced at ever at has had in the past couple years a ridiculous amount of police calls, they used a generator and water tank to defy the city shutting off their utilities earlier this year, one of the guys who was a manager there for a while I think is a DJ at Perfect 10 now, and the google listing says they are temporarily closed.

Idk, is a 2amer club a place that dealt with one incident a few years back or does it have to be something more recent? I can’t speak for the other clubs, but I’m not surprised Sugars in San Antonio made the list. That club has always had a consistent thug reputation as far as I know.
  • Muddy
    3 years ago
    Probably a bunch of know I’ll try to avoid it. I’ve been to Sugars in San Antonio that’s a usual suspect
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion