tuscl

July is White History Month

Its been a long time coming and there's been much disagreement over the years which month should be picked. For a long time the consensus was leaning toward October but thanks to the tireless efforts of Jessie Lee Peterson a growing consensus online and IRL is coalescing behind July.

This the first year when actual events are being organized both in the US and in the UK around the event. Its been a long time coming and long overdue.

https://jesseleepeterson.com/press-artic…

8 comments

• Dave_Anderson
    3 years ago
    It took a black man to actually get this organized. The white race thanks Jesse Lee.
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Yaaaaawn
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    I’m a white man, and it has been white history month every month for our entire history so I don’t think I need any further acknowledgment on this issue.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    3 years ago
    ^^^ What he said.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    “Black History” is like “Baseball History” or “Chinese History”. It’s kind special interest or a subset of “History”.
    If it interests you, get into it. If not, ignore it.

“White History” is too broad. White people have been behind a majority of the important world developments in the past thousand years so I’m not sure it wouldn’t really be a special interest. Is WW2 white history? The industrial revolution? Again, it’s too broad a category.

• georgmicrodong
    3 years ago
    I agree with meat.
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    History is just history. Although perceptions can vary about it there shouldn't be a color assigned to it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Mainstream history is essentially a eurocentric white view of history.

Dc whats your take on nonwhite incels

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion