tuscl

Thank goodness some hookah smokers are affluent white college students

...and shisha is therefore safe from Biden and the FDA for now.

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/t…?

Anyways, what’s up with the lack of outrage over targeting menthols? With this type of ban, most likely the buyers and sellers of the black market sales of menthols will be...black. And it will have to be cops, most likely white, who will be the ones who have to enforce the new law. Seems like a bad idea for improving their image.

Does nobody remember Eric Garner? The guy who was illegally selling cigarettes and suffocated to death from a police officer? Do people really not care this will likely create more situations for stuff like that to happen?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_…

Heck, this is part of a long-standing tradition to uphold harsher prosecution of drugs that black people like to partake in (Example crack vs cocaine) all during the height of the war on drugs. Something Biden was a huge supporter of but distanced himself from but just kidding back at it with full force.

I don’t get it 🤨 Anyways, if another media report of some black menthol buyer or seller getting killed by the police starts appearing on the news one day, I’m totally bumping this thread. Hopefully that doesn’t happen...

14 comments

• BumHip
    3 years ago
    The FDA is addressing menthol smokes, not Biden. Local Police will not be directly enforcing the end of the product. It is a Federal issue, thus Federal enforcement. I would suspect The ATF would be taking care of it. It's in the name of the agency. Just like when other flavored tobacco products ended, this will be a non issue. Less than 15% of Americans smoke anyway.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    —>“The FDA is addressing menthol smokes, not Biden. “
    For whatever reason, media articles that have both a positive and negative view of this whole thing is attributing it to Biden as well. Probably fair enough, since it was Woodcock who got directly appointed by the administration. So Biden most likely at least supports if if it’s going full steam ahead.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021…

—>“Just like when other flavored tobacco products ended, this will be a non issue. Less than 15% of Americans smoke anyway.”
    Yep and here are some other statistics too, I get I’m linking to Reason magazine but they are quoting the CDC for their stuff anyways.
    https://reason.org/commentary/10-reasons…

• datinman
    3 years ago
    https://www.tobaccofreekids.org/assets/f…

I don't know how much credence you can give the report given a goal has already been set, but I know when my gang started smoking behind our parents back at 12 and 13 years old, it was Salems.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    We smoked Kools. My younger brother died from it in december; 61.
  • gSteph
    3 years ago
    It is funny how nicotine, with less 'buzz' than most other popular drugs, has among the strongest hold on people trying to quit.

I'm glad I quit while still young.
  • shailynn
    3 years ago
    Newport’s - those were menthol weren’t they? I remember girls smoking parliaments in college. Most of those hos were from New York and New Jersey.

I probably smoked 6 cigarettes my entire life and 4 of them were menthol. Cigars, different story but I haven’t smoked one in over a decade.
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    I take it from these comments that my opinion of the smoking ban on menthol is in the minority here 🤔
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    We love our racism in America!
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    ^ In that case, why not ban all cigarettes?
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Except for my car and house i believe people should be able to smoke where ever they want. I would like top ban the motherfuckers who think dousing themselves in cologne or perfume is acceptable - take a fucking shower why doncha
  • crsm27
    3 years ago
    nicespice...

I agree with you. But that is what this Administration wants.... a race war between cops and POC. They want the police to have a bad image.

YOu are 100% correct when you talk about how this is just like other "drug" bans and it is mostly the "drug" of choice for POC.

Not to get overly political. But Democrats say they are for POC...but yet they are the ones who push these types of things.

BTW... I totally hate the whole BAN SMOKING crap. I dont smoke at all. But it is crazy how over reaching that group is and the scare tactics they use. Yes Big tabacco didn't tell the truth back in the 60's about things. But now is a totally different thing. Then they TAX THE SHIT out of it to try and make people quit or make poor people more poor.....ie: Most people who smoke cigs are blue collar workers or "poor" people.

Your assessment is spot on.

What I find crazy. Is you will have people say... LEGALIZE WEED.. and the next breathe say... BAN SMOKING TOBACCO. WTF.... smoke is smoke.

I dont want to get into an arguement about which is better for you and what not. But it all boils down to personal freedoms. How can you say... yep let people smoke weed... but NOPE.. cant let a person smoke a menthol. It is so stupid.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Hookah is nasty. The tobacco substitute is gross
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    If I'm gonna smoke anything its weed. Whats the point of smoking if you don't get high
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    I’m not a smoker. I don’t smoke hookahs or hookers.

I have no concern over any restrictions on menthol death sticks.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion