tuscl

Stubhub Refund - FINALLY

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
In totally unrelated to stripper news I was floored by an email I got Monday morning.

It was from Stubhub, those wonderful guys who ripped off millions of ticket holders at the beginning of the pandemic. For me, I had about $550 worth of summer baseball tickets I purchased in early February of last year before the shit show that was about to begin all over the world.

If you didn’t know when the pandemic hit Stubhub refused to refund all those ticket holders holding tickets from everything from an NHL game to a Nickelback concert and offered a credit 120% of the original purchase price good for future events until the end of 2021. Then they pushed it to the end of 2022.

People were furious, did chargebacks from their credit card companies, which royally fucked most people. They got there money back, then Stubhub banned their accounts and somehow managed to re-charge many of those people again. When people were like “okay, I’ll go ahead and take my ticket credit,” Stubhub flipped them the bird and said you tried to screw us but we ended up screwing you in the end. Those people paid got refunded, got banned, got charged again and in the end got nothing in return.

Luckily I did nothing, and looks like it’s going to finally pay off.

Do you realize how many Olive garden dinners I can buy for strippers with $550!?!?!?

4 comments

• Sgtsnowman
    3 years ago
    I paid over 2K for my oldest kid's EF tour to Central America for his senior year in high school just about three months before it all hit thefan, which turned out to be his senior year out of high school. They just recently announced they would do some partial refunds. I assume there was a lawsuit. Or several. What a messed up year....

I have issued several memorandums banning covid at my home. I figure it can't be any less effective than our leaky masks...
  • SaltyNuts
    3 years ago
    @Shailynn almost 70x of lunchtime unlimited salad/soup/breadsticks
  • TheeOSU
    3 years ago
    It obviously wasn't stubhub's fault that a pandemic led to a lockdown but it wasn't the fault of their customers either. Any attempts to deny refunds is BS.
  • Cristobal
    3 years ago
    Many companies treated their customers unfairly when the pandemic threw the world economy into chaos.

Perhaps not as bad as your experience with Stubhub but 24fitness fucked over its customers too.

After autopaying my membership for March 2020, California went on quarantine on March 17th and surprisingly 24fitness took the next two months of payments.

They sent emails advising they would no longer take payments until the gyms reopened and the amount paid would be used for the opening months plus they offered a free month as a thank you.

Then in June 2020 they declared bankruptcy and restructured.

In March 2021 they advised they would reopen in April and would begin rebilling us with no credit for the three months paid and they reneged on the extra month.

Because of this I cancelled my membership and requested a refund for the three months, they sent an email acknowledging the cancellation and another email telling me how to request the refund.

A week later I get billed again for my membership and receive an email telling me the refund request was denied.

I emailed them to request a refund for my April 2021 cancelled membership, I never received an answer.

I went to my local 24fitness to resolve this issue and the customer service representative told me I should expect my refund in 3-5 days and also gave me the card to the GM.

A week later with no refund, I email and call the GM who finally arranges to refund my one month membership.

I am positive my experience is not unique.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion