tuscl

Chauvin juror may have lied during jury selection

Evidence has already emerged that at least one juror from the now infamous Chauvin trial appears to have lied during jury selection about extent of knowledge and views on the case and participation in a rally that protested the treatment of Floyd.

What's worse is that the juror is now going on TV to basically brag about being biased, stating that deliberation should have taken "no more than 20 minutes." The juror told Good Morning America that most of the less than 4 hours that was spent was the other jurors apparently badgering one juror who had questions about the jury instructions.

Obviously these jurors had no intention of listening to the evidence in the case or analyzing the arguments of the defense. They had their minds made up before the trial started and now we have proof of this from at least one juror. This case should never have been tried in the Minneapolis area. It was a farce from the beginning.

https://m.startribune.com/chauvin-juror-…

29 comments

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    The case gets tipped over on appeal and we go through the bullshit again.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Whether with Trump's election or Chauvin's case, the system decided to fear and appease the mob vs follow the law
  • Member6532
    3 years ago
    Chauvin was clearly guilty in this case, the jury members shouldn't be coming out trying to get attention and giving him reason to appeal. Any Juror that actually gives him reason for an appeal should face charges, since the public is going to decide its the system/court/police racism he was able to appeal and start all the BS over again.

I still don't get how this was the racist event that started the chain of events that happened last year. Yes its a white cop and black guy, but they had history working together and it was known they didn't get along. Chauvin deserves the punishment but it wasn't racist, and while the truly racist events that should have been examples were just overlooked. The 3 white guys that killed that black guy for running got a day or 2 on CNN the other week that they finally were facing charges a year later. How does the system identify which racist events matter or change the facts to make them racist to fit a narrative, doesn't make sense to me
  • Tetradon
    3 years ago
    Strip out the race element, the protests, the jury, all that shit, and I think you still have a man who is guilty of the crimes with which he was charged.

Unless they hold this trial in the deep Brazilian Amazon, people are going to have opinions about it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Ugh...... "may have" means shit n shit...n shit
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    If Floyd was white there likely would have not even been a trial
  • Member6532
    3 years ago
    I agree, locally a cop shot a white kid a year or two ago that was unarmed. The mom pops up in the news every few months, but the office was given a pay out to retire early and no charges were filed. Other then her no one really seemed to care
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Chauvin at the least was overcharged b/c of fear and wokeness
  • how
    3 years ago
    Didn't the toxicology report show that Mr. Floyd had 2-3 times the lethal level of fentanyl in his system, along with methamphetamine and other drugs? Not having followed the trial, that bit of info seemed to me likely to introduce reasonable doubt about Chauvin even _causing_ the death; nevermind the harder question of intent to cause the death...
    Also, didn't the judge lament openly that Congresswoman Waters practically guaranteed an overturn of the verdict?
    I ask these questions having not followed closely, so if you inform me how I am incorrect, I simply thank you for that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ like I said; if it was a cracker pumped full of fentanyl w/ a criminal-record including 7 different stints in jail, there wouldn't have even been a trial
  • minnow
    3 years ago
    Ben Shapiro put out a good You Tube clip, raising some points made by "how", and OP's last sentence. From the outset, I questioned prosecution feeling the need to press 3 different charges. If they thought they had a strong case for murder charge, why the need for 2 lesser backup charges ?
  • oscarlomax
    3 years ago
    I was surprised that the personal relationship between Chauvin and Floyd was not really a part of the trial. It was still a racist act and had a personal element to it. Chauvin is clearly guilty of murder. The defense are going to try as hard as they can to get things over turned. That's their job. Yes, this is a racist country and people need to acknowledge that and deal with it. It's deep rooted an systemic. Individuals may claim, "I'm not racist" and maybe as individuals they aren't but the structure of this nation are. Unless you have really felt the brunt of these things, you don't fully comprehend. But you can learn if you actually listen and study history. But many aren't interested in that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    Where are the cries of "racism" when two black teenagers wait for an elderly whiteman to get home and then wait for him to sit on his chair and then set him on fire FOR NO FUCKING REASON (in Rochester, NY) - it seems "racism" only works in one direction in this country - something bad happens to a black person equals racism - a black person does something bad to a white person either zilch or the black person is just a victim of the system

And where were the cries of "racism" when a black man stomped to death a white police officer - zilch.

That's the point - that everything bad that happens in the black community or to black people is racism - and when black people are the culprits then it's "because of the system".
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    The reality is that there actually isn't nearly enough racism to satisfy many black people and why there are race-hoaxes after race-hoaxes (Smollet, Bubba Wallace NASCAR fake noose; and countless others) - reality is that there isn't nearly the amount of "racism" to meet the demand of the race-industrial-complex
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    ^ and why so many hoaxes are needed to meet the demand/narrative
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Racist country lol. Yes every country is racist because racism is a part of being human. The entire black lies matter movement is nothing more than the black klan, replacing the original black klan, the naacp. all the black lies matter bullshit is a smoke screen for commies like bernie fucking sanders to make their move. If we have sytemic racism the system has to be changed.
  • how
    3 years ago
    In my limited search of info related to this trial, I did see that prosecutors (or AG) were asked why they didn't attach "Hate Crime" exacerbating conditions to the charges, and they said that they could find no evidence that race had anything to do with the bad cop's actions.
  • oscarlomax
    3 years ago
    We're talking specifically about this case and the fact that racism against black folk and people of color exist. Don't deflect and try to conflate it with "where is the outcry when.." blah, blah, blah. That is part of the problem. Rather than deal with the issue of a system that was set up in the beginning to create a situation, some wish to move in another direction instead of dealing with the main problem. Real discussion, acknowlegement of the issue, and then probable course corrections are the only way for any kind of progress. Whenever I hear or see people aruge---"Well, what about this or that" then I know they aren't listening or really want to dig into the serious, age-old problem that continues the fester and harm people today. You don't correct one problem by hiding behind an excuse.
  • Studme53
    3 years ago
    Applicants for police jobs are at historic lows. I support the police but I sure as hell wouldn’t want my kids or someone I cared about to be a cop.
    This is going to have to play out like most things - things will turn to really bad, people will be crying for law and order and the anti-cop people will go away.
    This will be ironic given the “defund the police” nonsense - they’ll have to offer cops a lot more money to get quality applicants interested again.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    Just in case anyone has forgotten or gotten lost with all the whataboutism in this thread, Chauvin murdered George Floyd. We all saw it on video. He held Floyd down for six minutes while Floyd told him he couldn’t breathe. Then, when he wasn’t breathing and no longer had a pulse, he held him down for 3 minutes more just to be sure. Floyd wasn’t resisting arrest during those 9 minutes. He’d been safely subdued by that time and there was no threat he would resist. The four cops could’ve handled a guy face down on the ground and in handcuffs. You know how I know? Because he never got up.

Chauvin’s police chief testified that Chauvin’s actions were not proper police procedure and were not in line with training.

The medical examiner testified that Chauvin’s restraint was the cause of Floyd’s death.

The prosecution experts testified that Chauvin’s restraint was the cause of Floyd’s death

FFS, even Floyd’s own paid expert witnesses did not testify that Floyd died of a drug overdose or something other than being killed by Chauvin.

Chauvin was convicted in mere hours by a jury of his peers.

But go ahead, everyone can play Matlock because a juror said going to an MLK march was not a George Floyd or BLM march. Maybe he gets a new trial but he sure as fuck killed him. He’s not a good cop. Good cops want bad cops to go to jail when they murder someone.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    George Floyd was a piece of shit as well, so they are both where they deserve to be. The case will be appealed to protect the rights of society against lying. cheating bronx jury assholes. Its not his attendance at the BLM terrorist tiot, its the fact HE LIED ABOUT IT UNDER OATH; something so basic and fundamental that only a moron would fail to see that this is about the constitution and not Derek Chauvin. Experts lol. Valueless in today's media driven world.
  • Hank Moody
    3 years ago
    That’s why we have 12 jurors. It was unanimous. The murder was on video. They could’ve pulled jurors from a jury pool at a Chauvin family reunion and they would’ve convicted him. “Sorry Derek. Thanks for the Christmas presents for my kids, but you killed that dude on camera.”
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    You can lead a progressive to knowledge, but you can't make him think....
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    ^ So basically in your whole repertoire of arguments after all your legal facts you got nothing , so you resort to personal attacks as if calling someone a progressive really has any meaning.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Do you just log on a few time a day to prove you're just a little joisey bitch? Calling someone a progressive is no different than calling them a nazi. I find meaning in that. Bye old man.
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    Yet you’re the loser making personal attacks but hey I get it when you got nothing else to add just throw a Molotov cocktail into the conversation it’s your specialty
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The days of the general practitioner has been over for years.
  • whodey
    3 years ago
    I believe the juror lying about attending the event in DC will should be enough to get a mistrial declared. Ultimately that will just lead to a new trial, new riots and additional expenses for the city to conduct and secure the city for another trial.

A mistrial is the right thing to do to protect the rule of law in this situation so that it doesn't set a precedent for future cases of jurors lying during the selection process. Ultimately he will be convicted again, not because the case is rigged as some have claimed, but because the video evidence is so overwhelming.

George Floyd was a scumbag that belonged in jail for his actions that day and doesn't deserve to be memorialized as a hero. He may well have died later that day from his own stupidity with regards to the large quantity of drugs that he took. However, those things did not give the cop the right to kill him by kneeling on neck for nearly 10 minutes including several minutes after he had stopped breathing.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    “… Don't deflect and try to conflate it with "where is the outcry when.." blah, blah, blah …”

So you don’t wanna conflate things by not comparing Floyd’s case to any other instances but yet you make the incorrect and racist blanket statement “… Yes, this is a racist country and people need to acknowledge that and deal with it. It's deep rooted an systemic …” – yeah – no “conflating” there – no conflating of an individual situation w/ an entire country (IDK if there’s a word beyond irony but if there is that’s what applies to your statement).

But if you want to just stick to Floyd, there is enough there to show how one-sided your thinking is, and how we currently have a double-standard on steroids.

As has been mentioned, there was never an accusation of racism b/c there is nothing to substantiate that (and why the prosecution never went there) – additionally there were two other black people in Floyd’s company including one who was reportedly his drug-dealer/supplier – if this was “racially motivated” they would have gone after his two companions also.

This isn’t any more “racially motivated” than Michael Brown being killed b/c he was black instead of b/c he was a thug whom thought he could push anyone around and found out at some point you run into someone you can’t push around – yet the Brown case “was such an obvious case of racism” that it went all the way to the presidency w/ Obama seeking AG Eric Holder on the cop after he was found not guilty – i.e. it’s not “conflating”; it’s showing that just b/c there is an interaction b/w a cop and a black person that ends bad it’s not automatic racism.

The prosecution in no way brought up charges related to racism; yet you state that is exactly what it was and make a blanket statement of the entire country being racist - and then you complain about "conflating" - you're an entitled BMW (Bitch Moan and Whine) that only wants to see things one way and solely thru a racial-lens.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion