tuscl

Hypocrites and inconsistent with hiring standards

she_is_covfefe
Despite the constant negative press covfefe.
Several years ago (way before pre-covid), I went to this club to see if I could land a gig here (get it? Hehe). At that point in time, I was a quite bigger than I’m now (two sizes larger actually), but I still didn’t had a tummy, but was quite voluptuous (with quite a set of “girls” and a butt to match). I did my audition and got generous tips. A few customers lined up to get dances and one even flashed a $50. However, the manager on shift told me I was too “big”. However, on that shift there were about three other girls who were ACTUALLY obese (with ACTUAL, visible very large tummies). His excuse to not hire me and having those actually obese girls? “You’re new here and those girls are like family, we can’t just get rid of them”. Really...I’ve worked in several clubs (some of those were dives) where they do get rid of dancers with visible tummies. Why wouldn’t a nicer club do the same?

15 comments

• nicespice
    3 years ago
    I’ve heard about some pretty shady stuff from Landing Strip. Like charging girls a $75 “audition fee” to apply to the club. I get the impression that it’s a toxic shit show there and the manager did you a favor shooting you down.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    These practices are normal
  • goodyman
    3 years ago
    That sucks to have to deal with but seems normal. Slimey gate keepers shoot you down even when you prove that you have an audience.
  • gammanu95
    3 years ago
    I wonder if the manager got pushback from the other girls who were afraid of the competition? Or maybe just the girl that was slobbing his knob at the time. I'll agree that, in the context you described, it doesn't make much sense.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    The bigger girls you saw possibly got hired when they were in better shape and gained some weight while working there. Or, like someone else mentioned, it could be a quota issue - clubs get really picky about things if they are over their "quota" of a particular type of girl that doesn't fit the type they generally prefer to hire. I had a friend who got turned down from a club I was working at for being black. Funny, it was also a club called Landing Strip (no affiliation). He flat out told her he had too many black girls and to come back in a few months once he's gotten rid of a few. Strip clubs are notoriously discriminatory. From what it sounds like, you're not missing much there anyway.
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    You already have replies from two dancers, so that's a good read. I do think you've got a point about clubs keeping dancers who aren't fitting the look (fitness, not other stuff) if they're turning away others who do. But there's a lot of stuff beyond looks that go into that. At least you're in a town with a lot of options.
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    Back in my drinking and bottom feeding days - I spent a few evenings at the Landing Strip. It is a quick trip from Austin Bergstrom airport.

The ladies made me feel quite at home. There were several dancers with significant thickness. I don’t consider that to be a negative. It did add stiffness to my trousers as I watched them come around to sell dances. In my limited knowledge of the Austin club scene - I chalked this up to Texans liking everything bigger.

In terms of Austin clubs, this club proved to be a good fit for me. The other clubs in the area were a bit too classy.
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    I assume sometimes dancers are at the mercy of a particular manager - some managers seem to get locked into a particular type and will turn down most dancers not that type if they're not hurting for dancers - in some clubs where more than one manager can hire, a particular dancer may have a better chance with a particular manager
  • blahblahblah23
    3 years ago
    Ok there's infinite reasons a club won't hire someone. I wouldn't trip. I keep seeing (or hearing of) pretty girls not being hired or given the run around even though they look better than 80-90%+ of the current dancer population.

I've never heard a single good thing about that club anyway. Maybe it was a blessing to not work there, seriously.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Unless it's a corporate chain dancers are treated like shit for the most part. Management does as it pleases.
  • NinaBambina
    3 years ago
    Dancers are treated like shit at plenty of corporate chains too. The top tier ones are extremely picky, cutthroat, and display favoritism on many levels.
  • mark94
    3 years ago
    Any sales job requires self confidence and a thick skin, or the job will tear you apart. It seems to me that must be especially true for dancers/strippers.Even the best ones face rejection for reasons unknown.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Corporate clubs stick to rules more and from what I've seen girls who work there are treated more fairly.
  • rogertex
    3 years ago
    Chalk this experience as a stupid event in the "bizzaro world of strip clubs" (quoting Papi Chulo).
    Most dancers have thick skin to be bothered by such crap.

I'd be surprised if Big Rob himself said no to you - or it was one of his stupid assistants at that time. Big Rob, club's GM, is like Founder. He really really likes dancers. Known to visit other clubs incognito to hire away notable talent.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    This is why dancers need to unionize.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion