tuscl

Athletes you tune in to see

I've seen a lot of great pitching, but I don't think anybody's ever seen something like Jacob deGrom right now. This dude throws 100 regularly as a starter and put where he wants, straight dominant as hell. I can't believe this guy actually plays for my favorite team. It got me thinking though what were some other sports athletes that you felt were must watch type TV.

Peyton Manning-On field General. The most commanding presence I've seen any player have. He would just take teams apart.

Barry Sanders-They say in football you can never go backwards, always run forward. This is the one guy that could break that rule and get away with it.

Cristiano Ronaldo-Probably the most popular athlete of all time. When he has the ball you just don't know what's gonna happen. Total whiz, electric player. Still playing at a high level for almost 20 years now.

Ken Griffey Jr.-He could do everything, hit bombs with a beautiful swing, make crazy plays in center and he did it all in such a stylistic way. It really transcended sports (the backward cap thing he made popular) And don't get me wrong Mike Trout is a better player hands down but the truth and nothing on Trout but Griffey was just way cooler.

Michael Jordan-I hated him cause he used kill my Knicks but he played with this burning desire that you just won't see in the NBA today.

11 comments

• shailynn
    3 years ago
    Orel Hershiser was the first name that popped in my head. I remember him with the Dodgers and Indians. I think he played for someone else in between those two teams but I can’t remember who. Not nearly as dominate as the guys you mentioned above but still respectable.

Reggie Miller

Shaq in his prime when he was with Orlando and the Lakers, it was just fun to see him get fed under the net all day, and laugh when he shot freethrows.

Mario Lemieux

Mariano Rivera even though Ive never liked the Yankees, he should be respected.

• ATACdawg
    3 years ago
    I was privileged to be in the arena when Mario Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr both scored their 50th goals in the same game.

That whole Penguins team was must-see for me.

Fun fact:. Jaromir is an anagram of Mario Jr!
  • loper
    3 years ago
    Pedro Martinez. In his time the smartest and most effective pitcher in the game. deGrom just minutes ago lost to the Red Sox, but yes, he is awesome.
  • GACA
    3 years ago
    I don't watch baseball, but my entire family watched that homerun chase against McGuire and Sosa.

Tyson in his prime

Wide WR consistent playmakers, Megatron, Julio, TO.

LeBron when he was with the Cavs both times.

• Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Basketballl. - Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson

Football. - Earl Campbell , Tom Brady

Baseball. - Nolan Ryan
  • twentyfive
    3 years ago
    It changes from era to era
    Was a time The Mets were amazing with Tom Seaver, Jon Matlack, even had Nolan Ryan for a while along with my favorite relief pitcher of all time Tug McGraw (Ya gotta believe)we also watched Jackie Robinson then Hank Aaron, the Yankees had teams that were unbeatable in any era, from Joe DiMaggio to Thurman Munson, and don’t forget a guy who became Mr. October, Reggie Jackson.

You want to talk football Pittsburgh had Terry Bradshaw Dallas had Roger Staubach, and the New York Jets had Joe Willie Namath everyone who wasn’t blacked out would be looking for those games on Sunday’s yeah this was pre Monday night football and don’t forget Joe Montana he was spectacular

I’ve never followed soccer only name I knew was Pele

But if you want to talk basketball my favorite team ever was the 1969-70 NY Knicks, Willis Reed, Earl (the Pearl) Monroe, Dave Debusherre, at one time the great Bill Bradley, with arguably the sharpest elbows under the net, and the star Walt (Clyde) Frazier
    Lots of standout and dominating players from Oscar Robertson, to Kareem Abdul Jabbar famous from high school back in the days at Boys High then known as Lee Alcindor, and so many others Larry Bird

And if you want to talk about boxers, Tyson was a thug, but Muhammad Ali was pure class in every department, I mean really I saw the original Sugar Ray, the Raging Bull LaMotta but none of them can hold a candle to Muhammad Ali he was truly tha G. O. A. T. In any sports conversation
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ms anna hasselborg is a never miss
  • Cashman1234
    3 years ago
    In terms of performances - I have too many to list.

Basketball - Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Dr J, Darryl Dawkins, Kobe, Patrick Ewing (sorry - I can’t help my love for the Knicks).

Football - Eli Manning, Joe Montana, Lawrence Taylor

Golf - Tiger Woods

Baseball - Derek Jeter, the Sosa - McGwire HR thing was great back in the day.

Tennis - Ana Korn-hole-ova! She was a treat for the eyes.

Women’s beach volleyball is a great sport to watch with your trousers around your ankles...
  • rattdog
    3 years ago
    nfl
    qb favre, marino, russell wilson, plunkett, moon
    rb alstott, campbell, riggins, sanders, curtis martin
    wr moss, rice, megatron, largent, brett perriman
    te gronk, bavaro, gates
    lb lawrence taylor, polamalu, derrick brooks
    cb/ss lott, lynch, reavis

nba
    pg isiah, majic
    sg jordan, pistol pete, kobe
    sf bernard king, dominique, worthy
    pf bird, barkley,
    c jabbar, shaq, sikma
    marcus smart and ginobli for flopping, especially ginobli when he used to have the wild hair. he looked like he was getting murdered whenever he would flop.
    nhl
    goalie hasek, brodeur
    def, leetch, letang, burns
    c messier, mcdavid, bergeron, sid,
    wing: brett hull, yzerman, lemieux, gretzky, panarin, teemu, marchand, bure, tocchet, forsberg - past and present, kariya, leclair

horse racing - jocks that made me the most money through the years and just great riders in general:
    antley
    davis
    nakatani
    pincay
    coa
    flores

tennis:
    mens: becker, roddick, ivanisevic, lendl
    women: serena, capriati, kim clijsters, martina

• skibum609
    3 years ago
    We saw the Marvin Hagler - Tommy Hearns fight - greatest boxing match ever. Baseball -Mickey Mantle; Frank Robinson; Pedro Martinez; Football - Tom Brady; Jimmy Brown; Bo Jackson; Basketball - Larry Bird; Magic; Jordan; Hockey - Bobby Orr; Wayne Gretzky; Bobby Hull. Horse racing - Secretariat; Sunday Silence; Go for Wand.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    ^
    why do u insist on misspelling everybodys names mr skibum?

everybody knows it is the marvin haglestein-thomas herndon fight

and larry bird? what kind of stupid made up name is that? no sane person would name their kid after a bird. ur obviously just confusing reality with a movie where they teach a bird to play basketball. i think the movie was called babe

if u didnt know now u know. your welcome
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion