tuscl

I have now figured out why mr skibum is so out of his mind

DoctorPhil.
Space geneious and inventer of the grunges
mr skibum may sound like a crotchity fossil when he posts but my space geneious algorithm detected an admission regarding his birth year - 1957

that is why he has such a warped perspective. he came of age during the 1970s which was the time when america rly was a shithole

think about it. we had gone to the moon - thanks to space geneiouses of course - and we had almost completed the interstate highway system. we had rebuilt much of the world after a devastating war. then the 1970s hit. stagflation. crime. watergate. gas lines. the loss in vietnam

and worst of all people thought this was a cool outfit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlOxUcTc…

when u grow up thinking all of that shit was when america was great u rly cant figure out what great is. i mean rly - picture teenage skibum wearing some fringed outfit thinking hes cool, that has got to warp ur mind

as a space geneious i think people who were 1970s teens should be barred from voting unless they pass rigorous tests to insure the absence of mind warpage. perhaps an exception could be made if somebody has evidence that they were ahead of the curve by being into something unimpeachably cool like pre1999 prince

but there is no fuckin way u should vote if u ever thought fringed outfits or jim crocerman was cool.

folks who were 1980s teens are ok as long as they never had flock of seagulls hair. but 1970s teens? get the fuck outta here

11 comments

• datinman
    3 years ago
    The 70's:
    Girls wore halter tops and tube tops with their low rise hip huggers. Braless was in fashion.
    Birth control was free at County health departments and most girls were on the pill.
    STD's could be cured with a week long round of antibiotics.
    Girls equated feminism with sexual freedom and were still enjoying the sexual revolution.
    You could go to a party on a Saturday night and pretty much know you were going to get laid; usually with someone you just met.

Drugs were weed, shrooms, acid, quaaludes, and if you were rich ... cocaine. There was no crack,crystal meth, or fentanyl. Oh, and Coors was actually good beer back then.

Music was diverse in the 70's. Country rock (Allman Bros., Lynard Skynard) Jazz rock (Joni Mitchell, Boz Scaggs) Progressive rock (Yes, Genesis) Blues rock (Savoy Brown, Rory Gallagher) and Funk, Punk, Early Rap, Petty, Springsteen, Zeppelin.

It didn't get much better than being a teen in the 70's. Compare that to the 90's kids listening to Alanis Morissette. No wonder y'all had teen angst.

• Tetradon
    3 years ago
    As a 90s teen, the optimism of the Reagan years gave way to the cynicism of the Clinton years.
    Fear of superpredators. Kurt Cobain blowing his brains out. The spread of radical feminism.
  • Dougsterr
    3 years ago
    Because she's a bitter old bitch who's angry that the world is passing by her regressive old ass. Shaking her wrinkled old fist at the world while crying tears of frustration and anguish is a miserable way to live. You reap what you sow.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Skibums bellicose agitated demeanor and fucked up political views aside, he's likeable. He Hs a lot to share in the forum and I wouldn't mind getting faded with him. He's by far one of the most intelligent members
  • nicespice
    3 years ago
    Reading people's jabs at each other based on what time period they were teenagers...
    (cries in 2008)
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Justintolook....have they changed the recipe for Coors since the 70s? What about other beers
  • datinman
    3 years ago
    Coors in the 70's was a smaller brewery. More of a regional brewery. Their beer wasn't available east of the Mississippi because it was unpasteurized and had to be processed, shipped, and stored cold. It may just be nostalgia on my part, but as a teenager I remember loving Coors. Now it is just as bad as Bud or Miller.
  • DoctorPhil.
    3 years ago
    u have taken the first step mr justin. u are asking the important question of whether coors was ever good beer or if it was all just nostalgia

watch the video i linked too an ask urself this: is that look groovy? can i pull off that look just as well as carl anderman?

if you said ‘trick question becaus only an idiot would say groovy plus that look is stupid and even carl anderman cant pull it off’ u are on the path to healing

choose the healing path. the other path involves thinking the worst of every decade is the best. before long u will be claiming to be a third rate lawyer, driving a minivan, blasting the emerson, lakes, and pallman on ur 8 track, calling people ‘jive turkeys’, wearing a faux suede jacket with fringes, and - worse of all - u will wear ur hair like the guy from flock of seagulls

dont take that path that leads to darkness. avoiding it is simple. pick up a can of coors. if ur brain says ‘shotgun that coors’ u just say ‘bad brain im gonna drink good beer!’ and then party like its 1999. u will feel better. trust me

your welcome
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Yeah good luck finding anything unpasteurized nowadays. The only American beer I really like is Sam Adams
  • 48-Cowboy
    3 years ago
    This makes complete sense.
  • san_jose_guy
    3 years ago
    Skibum lost it somewhere along the way, but I think that recently he has been improving.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion