tuscl

Chicago's “affordable” housing system perpetuates city's history of segregation.

CJKent_band
The truth hurts, but if you accept it, it will set you free
Title couldn’t say it all.

Government backed affordable housing in Chicago has largely been confined to majority Black neighborhoods with high concentrations of poverty, a design that has perpetuated the city’s long history of segregation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.…

2 comments

• CarlitosPeligro
    3 years ago
    Is it going to like the unconstitutional “equity” performance art on vaccines? The focus on equity has kept the vaccination rate lower than it could have been because of the need for dems to ensure doses were on hand in neighborhoods where people don’t want them.

I get the history of housing in 20th century America, especially chicago. It’s embarrassing and horrific all around. I just wonder how many new units actually get built while the city is trying to buy land and get permits and public comment for projects in winnetka or glencoe. (Never going to happen) I hope they balance this with the need to get some shit built pronto and not just have it as a talking point so pols can posture as class warriors (ala AOC) without actually delivering anything.
  • CarlitosPeligro
    3 years ago
    Typo. Is it going to be like...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion