tuscl

NFL: Blockbuster Trade!

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Rams sending Goff, 2 first rd picks, and a 3rd rd pick to the Lions for Stafford!
The Lions raped the Rams!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ram…

28 comments

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    Damn
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    Gee, Goff with less weapons around him. Sure that'll work out just fine. Basically, Detroit is paying 43 Mil guaranteed for two first round picks.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Now Stafford is probably considered a better QB in most circles but Goff is no bum. IMO the Rams overpaid bigtime!
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    i wonder if the rams made that same offer to houston first.
  • Uprightcitizen
    4 years ago
    Happy for Matt. Hope it works out better for him.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    Lions trade away their best player. This is typical for Detroit.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    It’s days like this that if you were in Goffs shoes, you’d want to just jump off a bridge instead.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    The Lions also have the 7th pick in an upcoming NFL draft with multiple QB prospects and Stafford has been injury prone in recent years. It's not like Stafford has been a superstar propelling Detroit to many playoff appearances. We shall see.
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    I like this trade for both teams The Rams improve their QB position and the Lions could use the draft capital to move up from #7, keep Goff for a year, or send him to a QB starved New England team.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Stafford is better than Goff. But is he worth all those draft picks. The Houston Texans are seeing this trade and are salivating on what offers they are going to get for Watson.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    just looked it up and realized how bad patrica was. lions might as well have kept caldwell as coach.

lions haven't really been that good since kramer was there qb.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    there are rumors that the packers want to move on from rodgers. maybe a huge longshot of a blockbuster? watson for rodgers straight up?

i know the packers have that kid they drafted sitting on the bench, but if that offer was on the table wouldn't the packers consider it?
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Rodgers for Watson straight up won't ever happen. Rodgers is 37. Watson is 25.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Rodgers put up his numbers with devante adams(even missing a game or two but still all pro) and Aaron Jones (missed a few games, but the backup Williams was good also). Also had a good tight end in tonyan that made some unbelievable catches.

Watson had his best receiver traded and then his second best guy (fuller) get suspended for I think the last 8 games of the season or so. I don't even remember who he had to throw the ball to after that.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Although the Rams are owned by one of wealthiest owners in the NFL and just moved into a brandi new, State of the art stadium this trade reeks of a salary dump.

It appears they are sending away draft picks to get off the hook from Goff's deal, they recently got rid of Todd Gurley and Brandon Cooks after giving them huge contracs.

It woukd not surprise me to see them release or trade Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey in a season or two to get out from those record contracts.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I like Jared Goff – I def think he’s an above-avg quarterback, and good quarterbacks don’t exactly grow on trees (Goff made it to the SB and was a 2-time Pro-Bowler).

Goff had a dismal rookie-season and was seen by many as a complete-bust – but that was under the previous Ram’s coach Jeff Fisher whom I felt was a good coach but he was a defensive-coach and the team had been struggling under him – so IDK if Goff will go back to his very-poor rookie play now in Detroit if he does not have the proper coaching around him; I hope he does well though b/c he seems like a good guy.

With the kinda $$$ the Rams have been spending over the last couple of years, it seems as if they felt they were ready to win now and why they traded for Stafford, seeing Stafford as an upgrade and perhaps feeling they had gotten all they could out of Goff and it wasn’t enough.
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    How many people were saying wonderful things about Stafford around Thanksgiving? He's a middle of the pack QB who is injury prone. This is all just rearranging deck chairs on 2 Titanics.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    Goff seems like he is becoming another QB who looks like an up and comer but declines as he should be getting in his prime. In fact it seemed like he may have lost his job to an undrafted FA by the end of the season. But I’m guessing the Lions did the trade for the draft picks and Goff and his salary will get d7mped in a year. Then again, it’s the Lions. They might let zgoff play for years throwing the ball to the Vikings, Packers and Bears dbs. And fuck up the draft picks.

I think Stafford is an upgrade for the Rams. But not a Brady-like upgrade that the Bucs did last year.
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    *dumped and *Goff.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    Rams overpaid. But Rams seem to enjoy overpaying, such as 2 1st rounders and a 4th for Jalen Ramsey - similar to Seattle overpaying 2 1st rounders and a 3rd for Jamal Adams - Ramsey and Adams are both great players but that's very expensive. I suppose if Rams do well under Stafford then what they gave up for Stafford will be low 1st rounders. I'd hoped the 49ers could get Stafford for a 1st rounder or 2 2nd rounders, but oh well.

And Warrior15 is right about this deal setting a high market for Watson - Houston will want 2 1sts plus 2 2nds plus a Pro Bowl player.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    One thing in Staffords defense the reason he was injury prone and never kicked ass was because he’s never had a solid offensive line and really never had a good running bad to help with the load either.

Should have seen the signs - he put his house up for sale a year ago in Detroit and the excuse was “the house wasn’t kid friendly.”
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Seems like Stafford and Goff are the same guy.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ===> "I like this trade for both teams The Rams improve their QB position and the Lions could use the draft capital to move up from #7, keep Goff for a year, or send him to a QB starved New England team."

Rockie, you'd have a better chance of seeing Hell freeze over than New England picking up that kind of QB contract for a guy who is more miss than hit.
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    When is the last time New England went 7-9 in the Regular season; had about 40% of their salary cap available to rebuild the team for the following season, and didn't have a viable Quarterback on the active roster? As I see it, there will be no rookie starter at QB next year! I must have missed where the owner and the coach are getting younger!

The Rams have already had to eat $22.4 million on Goff's 4 year (2021 to 2024) $140 Million deal to move him to the Lions. There's a lot to disparage Goff on, but he's played all but 1 regular season game in the last 3 years.

Rick: I believe Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Patriots QB next year, as his timeline matches the owner and the coach!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    My sources tell me Tony Eason will be the Pats next QB (comeback of all comebacks!)
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    Rockie, they went 7-9 even with a crap QB and most of their top defensive players opting out due to COVID. That by itself was impressive.

But even knowing that a decent QB and the return of the opt-out players will likely make them a contender again, the Pats will STILL not willingly get saddled with a bad contract for a crap player. That is not the Patriots Way. They find value picks and then develop them and there is no team in the league better at it. Doing this has been how the Pats keep their salary cap under control AND stayed competitive year over year.

There are a lot of good QB prospects in this upcoming draft. My guess is that they will draft a QB with the 15th overall pick and then develop him. It's also possible that Jimmy G. could be traded back to New England, with San Fran eating a portion of his contract of course. Shit, both could happen.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    "most of their top defensive players opting out due to COVID"
    Most teams had one or two opt outs. New England had far and away the most with a whopping eight players. No other team came close. What's that say about the "Patriots Way" if players sit out at the first opportunity? Maybe playing with Brady meant more than playing for Belichick.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    ^ It says that the Pats get from them as much as they have to give except when they are provided a way to earn a free paycheck.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion