tuscl

Flying

skibum609
Massachusetts
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 10:20 AM
Has anyone been on a flight since February 2020?

16 comments

• mike710
    3 years ago
    The only month I didn't fly was April 2020. Otherwise, regularly on a plane. Most flights aren't full but American seems to pack their flights the most.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Even on May 22 American was packing them full. Haven't seen an empty seat yet on them.
  • mike710
    3 years ago
    Southwest stopped blocking the middle seat at the end of 2020 but I think I've only had to sit in a full row on one of dozens of flights so far. I don't usually fly Delta but I believe they are still blocking the middle seat. I've seen some eerily empty airports over the past year. Doesn't seem that flying is a big spreading event because the likes of CNN would love to report travel horror stories to scare the general public in to compliance with local or statewide lockdowns. You also don't hear stories of lots of covid spreading among flight crews.
  • doctorevil
    3 years ago
    Yes. Delta is still keeping middle seats open. It's actually much more pleasurable flying now. No crowds at the airport and non-packed flights.
  • RTP
    3 years ago
    I have only flown twice, but I pick up people regularly at the Airport here and it seems pretty busy. I was uncomfortable on the flights as most were packed, but most kept their masks on. In the airports, security was crowded as well as the luggage check. Less policing in those areas. All that said, I did not catch Covid from my two trips.
  • Warrior15
    3 years ago
    Been on about twenty flights since Covid hit. All on Southwest. Planes were pretty empty last summer. But now, they are almost full again. I don't think the number of flights is back up to where is was before though.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    The key to flying southwest with 2 people is to get early boarding because one aisle row has 2 seats on each side. You give up reclining but you have no seat mates. Most people who fly southwest have kids so they cannot sit in the row.
  • DeclineToState
    3 years ago
    August 2020: Delta - passengers seated every other aisle. October 2020: United - absolutely packed, no open seats. Alaska - lots of open seats, but only because flight not fully booked, they woulda packed em in if had full plane.
  • Electronman
    3 years ago
    Given the shoddy safety practices reported above, I'll hold off on flying until I get my second vaccine shot.
  • Mate27
    3 years ago
    Yes. It’s way easier and more comfortable now.
  • sweetjamesjones
    3 years ago
    I took a trip to Miami the last week of December. My Southwest flight from Chicago was packed full. The return flight was was only about one-third full so I had an entire row to myself. I was initially leery about taking the trip, but I needed to get away. I took a COVID test a few days after the trip & thankfully it came back negative. The trip put me more at ease and I plan on going to Atlanta in a couple of weeks.
  • clubdude
    3 years ago
    November of 2020 on American, LA to Dallas packed, then Dallas to Detroit packed. The flights sucked.
  • SanchoRG
    3 years ago
    1/6/2021 Delta - middle seats still empty.
  • lotsoffun201
    3 years ago
    Quite a few. Some flights empty with open seats, others packed full. No service except two trans Pacific flights I was on and then it was minimal at best. Masks can be removed for eating and drinking, so now people are bringing grocery bags full of food and eating the entire time. Complete hypocrisy if you ask me. On the up side, the planes are much cleaner.
  • skibum609
    3 years ago
    Flown to denver 3 times and Orlando and Miami once. Except for one flight to Denver every plane has been 100% full. The nicest thing is no one goes to the can any longer.
  • rockie
    3 years ago
    "The nicest thing is no one goes to the can any longer." Funny how that works! I want to thank everyone that contributed to this thread on their recent flight travel experiences!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion