tuscl

When did 2 weeks or a month become a long time?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:14 PM
I know I am not the only one who has been asked by a dancer when getting ready to leave this line "So when will you be back?" If you give a specified time like a few weeks or maybe a month their reaction is "That's a long time?" Spare me the bullshit, 2 weeks is not a long time. What kind of line do you tell a dancer when she asks when will you be back or "You've been gone a while" when you know it hasn't been all that long since your last visit.

14 comments

• Clubber
    17 years ago
    My normal reply, "Just as soon as you seen me walk in that door."
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    One possible reason. She spends every f**cking dollar she earns as soon as she can, and she is chronically strapped for cash. She just wants to make a cash flow projection.
  • DandyDan
    17 years ago
    That is one thing I can't stand about some dancers. They like to remind you its been awhile, even if it really hasn't. Even my ATF would do it, even if it had only been a month. I would always say I don't know, it could be tomorrow (which it almost never is) or it could be a year.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    "So when will you be back?" - When you learn to quit bitching about money problems! "So when will you be back?" - When you learn NOT to say "I don't do that!" "So when will you be back?" - As soon as I hear that you're not dancing here anymore! "So when will you be back?" - Who said I'll be back? Like Jpac73 states, it does get old, but it's part of the SC business. Just another thing to put up with during our visits.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    You know, I must be in the minority here. I've rarely been asked that question. Even my ATF doesn't hound me for that information. Hmm... maybe they don't WANT to see me return!
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I'm in a minority, too, because I get that question but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I think you guys are making too much of it. It's not some scheming head game they're playing. It's mostly meaningless small talk like anyone makes when saying goodbye.
  • Yoda
    17 years ago
    I'm with DougS and Chandler. Strip clubs are where dancers go to make money. If you just spent money on them it is only natural for them to want to know when you are coming back to spend more. It's not a big deal, just harmless SS.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I can't see where it is a big deal either. Now if was at my favorite club and from one of my favorite dancers, then I would think that it was stupid because they know my routine too well. When I make my monthly visit to my favorite club, they ask "Is this day 1, 2 or 3?" When I leave they say "Drive carefully and I'll see you next month.
  • whghIost
    17 years ago
    I am a minority as well. I like it when they asked me that. It comes off as she wishes to see me again. IT also say that she had a good time too. Plus, she need money, of course.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    Now whghlost, repeat after me...it's about the money...it's about the money...it's about the money. Sorry we beat you up so much on that other post. Boy, it generated a lot of discussion. However, it is about the money. I have said this directly to plenty of strippers, and they have never disagreed. I have never had a stripper tell me, "It's a great place to meet people", or, "I just like to hang out here and dance". Occasionally one will say something like "I love my job" but I don't believe it. All of the girls that ever opened up to me OTC revealed that it is a grind they would rather not do, but the money is too good. Just because they get used to it doesn't chnage the equation. People in LA and NY commute 2 hours each way to work. Why the hell would they do that? ;-)
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    This thread reminds me of the way the Ren & Stimpy Show used to end each week (copied from Wikipedia): Ren: Oh boy, Stimpy. We sure had fun today didn't we. So long, kids. Come on Stimpy, say good bye. Stimpy: Duh, where are we going? Ren: The show's over. See you next time. Stimpy: Next time? When's that? Ren: Pretty soon. Don't worry. Stimpy: Pretty soon?? How long is that?? Ren: In a little while, man. (Stimpy now crys out loud) Stimpy: A little while?! What will we do till then?! Ren: Why you can shampoo the rug, (Stimpy now shakes his head) eat your creamed asparagus. Stimpy: WHAA? (Stimpy now cries on Ren) Ren: You can keep yourself with this. (Ren shows stimpy Gritty Kitty Litter) Stimpy: Oh joy! (Stimpy now goes offstage to put Gritty Kitty Litter in his box) Ren: er, good bye folks. (Stimpy shows only his head) Stimpy: Duh, good bye, folks!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I never saw the program but very fitting to this topic.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Yes, and when you put my perverted spin on it, the line "why you can shampoo the 'rug'" certainly takes on a new meaning. As does "creamed asparagus". Y'all don't know what a sick dawg I am.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Two weeks does seem like a long time. I like it when they ask when I'm coming back. Shows my business is appreciated. Hell, even the dancers I don't buy dances from will ask me that question and it is nice to feel that they want to see you again soon. Actually, I feel guilty being with dancers who I don't want to spend money on even if I enjoy their conversation.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion