tuscl

Guesses when Arizona SC will open up again?

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
By "opening" I mean full contact floor LDs like the old days.

Vaccine starts being distributed mid Decemberto the at risk.

Death rate starts to drop dramatically mid January.

Open up like the old days beginning of February.

Too optimistic?

25 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I agree with scrub too optimistic my best guess would be mid summer 2021, at that point most will be vaccinated and comfortable with the idea that it’s safe for all
    4 years ago
    Only have to have one person fully vaccinated for me to feel safe.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    If things are improving by the beginning of March, there may be some motivation to cash in on all the tourism that happens during March. It would be a shame to have the AZ businesses lose out on the entire snowbird season and a second March. If things aren't getting better by March, all bets are off.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    As I recall, his published guidelines say that CoVid must essentially be gone, completely, before “dancing” is allowed in bars. It’s a flu bug. Will it ever be completely gone ?
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    MLB is playing it by ear. I received my spring training season ticket renewal notice a couple of weeks ago and payment is due December 18th. The email didn't guarantee the games will happen but they are planning on it for now, even with limited audiences if necessary. My renewal is about half of what I paid because I have credit from cancelled games last year. It seems teams are looking to get some type of revenue in 2020 even if ticket holders end up with a credit when things open up.

At least AZ has indoor dining for now. CA is shutting it down in a lot of places. Even talks of a mandatory stay at home order in LA.
  • etsutwigg222
    4 years ago
    Probably be mid 2021 after the next wave of flu type viruses roll through.
  • sexualchoc
    4 years ago
    You're right desertscrub....March 16th, cause I wanted to go to my fave SC on the 17th but guess what?? .......
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    I agree with scrub too optimistic. I say summer 2021. I was actually thinking about Spring Training 2021 and if it would get canceled the other day. Had forgotten about the huge car show and Waste Management before that! Watch some baseball(haven't attended Spring TraiNing or planned to in about 30 years)!, don't follow golf or go to go car shows but know how huge those 3 events are. I do miss the clubs.

March 14th was my last trip and had an awesome time that night! Very glad I went that Saturday. There was lots of talk that night in the club about how things were going to change, but no one of course expected it to be this long or to this extreme.

I think it will only be worse (numbers counting, constant media reports) for the rest of 2020 and I believe a shutdown is coming. Think it will be in January after the holidays though. My thoughts anyway.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Have been following NCAA basketball. I think they are playing with fire and that has a real shot at being first major sport to be restarted and then completely cancelled mid season (after knowing covid exists plus XFL was weak anyway). Meant to put this in my previous post.
  • shailynn
    4 years ago
    I’ve been reading recently that MAY is a good landing place for things returning to normal. If the vaccine is released when anticipated by May most people will have their two rounds of shots.
  • azdd
    4 years ago
    LOL scrub! A LOT of dancers work as models and hostesses at Barrett Jackson and the Waste Management Open. If those are cancelled, that’s more fuel on fire of OTC opportunities to make up the slack.
  • trapdoor
    4 years ago
    Way too optimistic. Plenty of anti-vaxxers out there who probably have no intention on getting a vaccine treatment for a virus that is a "hoax". If people aren't willing to wear a mask, you really think they will opt for a vaccine?
  • TheElmerFudd
    4 years ago
    Let people do what they want / don't want to do
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    I guess the "Dark Winter" is pretty much here or on it's way. I don't know how much a president, or elect, calling it this changes what a virus that won't go away before it runs it's course changes anything.

I will probably be required, as part of employment, to take the vaccine as soon as it's available to me. I think getting on with my life as normal as possible is worth it. I've had minor complications from other vaccines but I just want to move on with my life at this point.
  • Meyou1
    4 years ago
    Here's hoping for May. Hope everyone is saving.
  • trapdoor
    4 years ago
    To be honest, I probably won't be among the first to get a vaccine until there has been more studies performed. I do plan on getting vaccinated, but until then, I don't mind shelter in place protocols and working from home. Soon things will return back to normal and traveling for work will pick back up. Supposed to return to AZ for work in Jan/Feb now since cases began to spike (was supposed to be back Nov/Dec).
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    We're Vax freedom advocates and its a scam not a "hoax." That means its masdively overhyped in the media not that there's no such thing at all.

If a vaccine really works those of you who think this silly illness is a real "danger" can get it and you should be fine and not worry about those of us who are not going to get it, right?
  • Dave_Anderson
    4 years ago
    Tens of millions of people are not going to let Gates put his junk in our bodies regardless of the personal cost. It will be interesting what you "virtuous" people do with us. Mass blacklisting, prison, execution? Whats the plan? Personally I don't care at this point, this world is fucked either way. The system is going to keep trotting out new "illnesses" every couple of years and put you through this all over again. Enjoy your future sheep!
  • latinalover69
    4 years ago
    You fuckers scurred of the rona are fucking brainwashed douchebags watching too much CNNMSNBDFOXNYTIMEWASHINTINGOPOST etc. This is the flu people. Those shitty little blue masks come in a box that says THESE MASKS WILL NOT PROTECT YOU. Are you going to trust Bill Gates and Faucci and big Pharma to keep you safe by pumping who knows what in your body? Gawd you are pathetic losers. The more germs you are exposed to the better your immune system works. I ate stripper pussy in the club 2 weeks ago and I am fine as fuck. At 59 yo. If they tell you to get in a box car like the jews because they are taking you somewhere you can be safe are you gonna get on that boxcar? I bet some of you will. Pathetic. Fortunately when Trump eventually is re-elected the jig is up and those douche democrat governors are gonna have to throw in the towel on lockdowns.
  • Lone_Wolf
    4 years ago
    Hospilizations rate increasing quickly. Possibly at capacity within two weeks. Lockdown looming.

https://www.abc15.com/news/state/asu-exp…
  • azdd
    4 years ago
    Yes Wolf, you are correct. The key time will be 10-14 days out from Thanksgiving to see how many new cases show up.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Desert is correct. No proof of virus mutation (or at least major mutation) so the media will be forced to relax on that theory a bit.

There is now concern that there might have been transmission within an NFL game (same team-Ravens) so that concerns me as I really like the NFL and don't want to see any more games messed up or cancelled.

And since this is the AZ thread-Larry Fitzgerald of the Cardinals tested positive for covid. Sunday will be his first game missed since 2014. My friend was saying he heard Fitzgerald was helping out at a homeless shelter and that's how he got it. Guy is just too nice (Fitzgerald, not my friend haha)
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Oh and I wonder when the next ice cream man press conference will be? Guy likes to hear himself talk, yell at reporters and turn things over to doctor CC. At least he doesn't do (poorly put together) PowerPoint presentations anymore.
  • Sundry_Misc
    4 years ago
    I'd vote for Fitzgerald for governor. Just sayin'.

Of, and I'm guessing May.
  • mike710
    4 years ago
    Just read a story about medical advisors recommending a 3 week shutdown and stay at home order. I guess Covid is the Grinch that stole Christmas.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion