tuscl

Sad news day today

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
ABC has announced Alex Trebek, the genial "Jeopardy!" host with all the answers and a reassuring presence in the TV game-show landscape for five decades, has died. He was 80 years old, he had been suffering form Pancreatic Cancer and he succumbed to the disease at home early this morning, Jeopardy will continue but it won't be the same
This was a show that I always watched
R.I.P

18 comments

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    Sad I never really liked jeapordy but he seemed like a kind hearted man
  • founder
    4 years ago
    I know someone who just taped an episode as a contestant that has yet to be aired. It will be bittersweet to watch it when it does air.
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    RIP Alex.The show may go on, but it will never be the same.
  • jackslash
    4 years ago
    RIP. I watch Jeopardy almost every night.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    Alex's last episode will air Christmas. I'm gonna miss him.

So, who's next? Ken Jennings, maybe?
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    RIP Alex. I enjoyed his constant presence on Jeopardy. He seemed to be a good dude too. He will be missed.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    It's sad how all these figures we grew up with are passing away. Their replacements can't compare
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ I don’t know that their replacements can’t compare it’s a different generation different kinds of personality is needed to appeal to this new generation they certainly have many more intests competing for their attention
    It may be that you’re not comfortable with changes
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    The replacements are really dumbed down. Don't have the same charisma and presence. Newer game show hosts are unbearable. Same for most tv personalities. I like Trevor Noah though
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I think there are hosts who are just hosts - and there are hosts who have a much broader appeal and influence. They may not find a Jeopardy host who can live up to the level of Alex Trebek.

When I think of The Daily Show - I think of Jon Stewart - and the group of talented personalities he had working with him. Trevor Noah doesn’t come close to Jon Stewart (in my opinion).

I can see something similar being said when they name the next Jeopardy host, as it’s very difficult to take over after someone like Trebek.

Thinking about another recent loss - Sean Connery - and how folks might compare his James Bond to others. Connery set a high bar - and few could step in after.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    When you look at classic peraonalities like steve allen Bob barker Johnny carson david Letterman kasey kasem ed sullivan.... Today's hosts come across like something out of idiocracy. The way they talk carry themselves etc.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    See? Just a keyboard tough guy and demented old asshole. Post the PMs. Your bluff is called.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    The producers of Jeopardy announced today that Ken Jennings the person who has the most Jeopardy wins would be filling in the interim for Alex Trebek, at least until a suitable successor can be found
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago

MY FEED MESSAGES WHAT'S NEW
    THE FRONT ROOM
    Sad news day today
    November 8, 2020
    53 Minutes Ago
    twentyfive
    ABC has announced Alex Trebek, the genial "Jeopardy!" host with all the answers and a reassuring presence in the TV game-show landscape for five decades, has died. He was 80 years old, he had been suffering form Pancreatic Cancer and he succumbed to the disease at home early this morning, Jeopardy will continue but it won't be the same
    This was a show that I always watched
    R.I.P
    Comments
    November 8, 2020
    Sad I never really liked jeapordy but he seemed like a kind hearted man
    November 8, 2020
    I know someone who just taped an episode as a contestant that has yet to be aired. It will be bittersweet to watch it when it does air.
    November 8, 2020
    RIP Alex.The show may go on, but it will never be the same.
    November 8, 2020
    RIP. I watch Jeopardy almost every night.
    November 8, 2020
    Alex's last episode will air Christmas. I'm gonna miss him.

So, who's next? Ken Jennings, maybe?
    November 9, 2020
    RIP Alex. I enjoyed his constant presence on Jeopardy. He seemed to be a good dude too. He will be missed.
    November 9, 2020
    ^ I don’t know that their replacements can’t compare it’s a different generation different kinds of personality is needed to appeal to this new generation they certainly have many more intests competing for their attention
    It may be that you’re not comfortable with changes
    November 9, 2020
    I think there are hosts who are just hosts - and there are hosts who have a much broader appeal and influence. They may not find a Jeopardy host who can live up to the level of Alex Trebek.

When I think of The Daily Show - I think of Jon Stewart - and the group of talented personalities he had working with him. Trevor Noah doesn’t come close to Jon Stewart (in my opinion).

I can see something similar being said when they name the next Jeopardy host, as it’s very difficult to take over after someone like Trebek.

Thinking about another recent loss - Sean Connery - and how folks might compare his James Bond to others. Connery set a high bar - and few could step in after.
    1 Hour Ago
    See? Just a keyboard tough guy and demented old asshole. Post the PMs. Your bluff is called.
    53 Minutes Ago
    The producers of Jeopardy announced today that Ken Jennings the person who has the most Jeopardy wins would be filling in the interim for Alex Trebek, at least until a suitable successor can be found
    Keep your comments civil. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't type it in.
    Post Your Comment
    Start a Discussion
    All Discussions started by twentyfive
    More The Front Room Discussions
    More Discussions
    glossary
    faq
    contact
    privacy
    terms
    Everything on this site should be considered a work of fiction.
    © 1993-2020 the ultimate strip club list
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    Will people even watch with Ken Jennings? I guess he's just the first guest host upon resumption so probably will get high ratings out of curiosity. I think Ken Jennings is quite dull though. Smart guy, seems boring personality. Alex Trebek was a legend of course and helped the show become what it is today. Jennings seems like a person who would be a good player (of course he was), bad host. Sort of like some of the commentators in football who were great players but terrible commentators.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    alex is a hard act to follow. give ken a chance.
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Lol - Ken will be fine. Look, I liked Alex and was sad to hear of his passing, but did people watch Jeopardy to see Alex? No. Though his awkward conversations with contestants was cringe worthy entertainment. People watch it for the game.
  • Heellover
    4 years ago
    I agree 53. It's like commentators in sports. People don't tune in to hear them but good ones (like AL michaels, Chris collinsworth, romo) really help. Jeopardy is a great game show with such a cool format it could probably go on and on though. Hope everyone is doing well and enjoys the holidays even in these crazy times we are in.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion