Things You Did Not Know About Strippers

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Most of the assertions in this article are questionable at best.

https://www.womenfitnessmag.com/things-y…

12 comments

• Muddy
    4 years ago
    “When you get into a strip club, know that it is about fantasy and not sex. The challenge is that many fantasies are about sex since men who go to a strip club have other fantasies. It involves physical intimacy rather than an emotional attachment. Most men confess that they go to the strip clubs and stage shows to be seen and heard. They love to show off and see other women naked apart from their girlfriends and wives. Most strippers end up being therapists for clients with fewer clothes on. Men will go to the club for some make-believe and then take the excitement home. They will have an active imagination and enjoy it. The stripper’s job is to make them feel good about themselves.“

I’ve been living a lie!
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    There's a category on the website called Love & Sex with subcats under it. This article was posted into "Understanding Men". It reads like it got a heavy dose of editing.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    4 years ago
    Generic af.

Much of this could apply to other jobs, like working at Victoria’s Secret. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    “Degrade” is relative.

When you deal with a bunch of assholes sitting all over the stage, and maybe get a $3 tip between all ten of them, yeah that’s degrading.

But then somebody puts two poker chips on stage and you later realize it’s actually club funny money and cash it out for $400, yeah that’s empowering. And the poker chip tipping was from somebody you had a few minute conversation with, and he thought it was awesome you were a Texan as well.

If you’re a dancer you have to have tolerance for risk, and lack of stability (and possibly be the type of personality who actively prefers it). Because of that I feel like it’s too difficult to make blanket statements unless already retired and can reflect on all of it.

• nicespice
    4 years ago
    —>“Strippers have rights like any other employee. Strippers are what they wear when to work and how you speak to them. Under the federal labor law, strippers have the rights to be treated like any other employee, unlike an independent contractor. Strippers should have the rights to minimum wage and unemployment insurance. These rights will help them against exploitation and losing their earning capacity.”

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Mothing earth shattering in that article. Boring...
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    My job looks great on tv and in articles and yet somehow it manages to suck beyond all belief in real life.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    A lot of lawyers don’t really enjoy their jobs. But there are far worse jobs and they don’t tend to pay as well.

The portrayal of people in my field in movies and on TV is unrealistic to an extreme. But the job itself is a paradox - reality would look boring to outsiders, but the problem solving aspects of the job and the need to manipulate virtual structures spatially within your mind to develop anything complex is interesting.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Take the worst fight you've ever had with a significant other, picture doing it for half of every work day for 38 years and think again about how interesting work can be lol.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Do you mind if I ask what area of law you specialize in?
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Not as much insight as I had expected.

I was hoping to learn how they get the fish in those clear plastic heels! I think it’s stripper magic!
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    They're right. The article humanizes stripper hoes makes it like any other job which it is.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion