tuscl

VP debate thread

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
Just getting this set up for you guys and gals. I predict this will be more like the Bush-Ferrero debate in '84 than any later battles of the sexes debates. Of course, I was too young to remember much. Either way, I expect this to be entertaining and coherent.

51 comments

• TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    My concern is the majority of voters are ignorant and will choose personality over substance. Pence is more experienced and qualified but has a drab personality whereas harris might appear more dynamic even though her main qualification is she sucked her way up the political spectrum and then there's the women voters which will support another woman regardless of her low qualifications and the blacks which will support her only because she's black like they did for nobama.
  • Tetradon
    4 years ago
    Go away, Trucidos.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @TheeOSU - your concern is valid. The fact is that personality has always played an inordinate roll in elections.

That having been said, the VP debates are entirely for people who are deeply interested in politics. No one votes for a Vice President. It is always the top of the ticket that matters.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    with two obviously ill (COVID-19 not withstanding) septuagenarian candidates heading the ticket, you would have to be an utter idiot not to be interested in the VP debates. The odds are that neither of those guys will live until 2024, or at least have the capacity to avoid the 25th amendment. I'm going to be vacationing in the Keys, but a I will at least record the debate if not watch live.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    IQs follow a normal distribution. By definition, half of the population has a below average IQ.

There are a lot of idiots out there.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Really you don't get the flaw in your statement, typical, you are always in the group that is absolutely rong
    By definition the average is higher or lower than the median you fucking moron.
  • Icey
    4 years ago

Harris will win the debate but in the US voting is a visceral act hence the trump regime
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I am hoping that Pence can articulate what Trump couldn't - but yeah, Pence is like ordering a glass of milk at a bar, and why back in 2016 I was hoping Trmp would pick Chris Christie as VP but those 2 egos would probably not be able to coexist.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Trump needed Pence to bring home the evangelicals and moderates, perhaps even to add gravitas to his campaign. Pence has a strong executive track record as gov of IN. I look forward to strong and coherent debate tonight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    b/c of his mild-mannered personality I don't think Pence can land a knockout punch - but he's an experienced politician and also spent 5 years on radio (and some TV) thus he can't do a worse job than Trump did in terms of communication - I think he should avoid personal attacks and focus on what Trump has accomplished and what he'll accomplish in the future - at the very least if he's gonna criticize Harris or Biden it needs to be done w/ tact.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Per Pence's Wikipedia page, he was a democrat till 1983 (OMG) - his Wikipedia page also has a high-school pic of him in the "Early life and background" section of the page:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pence
  • winex
    4 years ago
    That plagiarism line by Pence was great.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Pence keeps going over time LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ he talks too slow
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    This 2-minute hard-limit being imposed like it was a network tv program w/ commercials is STUPID - there needs to be some back and forth vs canned 2-minute statements and nothing more
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Pence comes across as a very bad infomercial actor
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Pence sometimes sounds like a preacher LOL
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    If this was a football game, Pence definitely won the time of possession battle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Pence was like a gulp of Mylanta - Trump was like a shot of tabasco-sauce.

I hope Trump learns something from Pence's performance.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    How come the two old guys have to do the debate standing up and the 2 younger ones do it sitting down - things that make you go hmm
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    8 MORE YEARS
  • winex
    4 years ago
    It will be interesting to see how the reaction of Kamala Harris plays out. If you will recall, Al Gore was widely criticized for looking bored, looking at his watch, etc. during the debates with Bush in 2000.

Harris smirking and snarling during every Pence segment didn’t appear very professional.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Pence shoved his cock so deep in Kamalas throat she forgot what Willie Browns dick tastes like.
  • Arigano_69 (Twat)
    4 years ago
    Seems like Pinhead Pence took Kamala's dildo well up his ass. Probably a nice change from the tiny orange one he usually takes.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Frank Luntz focus group thought Pence won, largely because they found Harris to be condescending. FWIW.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Similar to Biden's/Trump's debate; tonight showed who was the more seasoned and experienced politician (Pence) - but Trump did worse than Kamala did
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Trump needs to stick to a teleprompter - he goes off the reservation when he's left to his own devices
  • ime
    4 years ago
    Comma-luh was murdered on live tv, i expect a peaceful BLM riot will break out in response.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Two things came to mind after watching part of the debate: 1) Pence would have been an excellent President and Kamala Harris is simply an asshole with nothing to say. Cannot believe how much more articulate she was 10 years ago when she was a moderate instead of a cum stain, oops progressive.
  • SanchoRG
    4 years ago
    Kamala did fine. I would take either one over the two people we have running now. Pence is one cool motherfucker tho. Like a Westworld android guy doesn't even flinch when a fly lands on his face. Man made some lemonaid out of lemons last night for sure - gotta respect him for that struggle.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    I agree that Pence is far and away the best politician of the four.

Camel-LA just gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason and she had a hard time answering the questions... of course, no politician does a good job of answering any question.
  • Arigano_69 (Twat)
    4 years ago
    ^lmao yeah and Pinhead Pence didn't answer a single question himself. That fly on his head knew a big pile of shit to land on, lol.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    ^Giving Breh a run for the retard of the year; aren't you bitch?
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    Kamala has a tell. Anytime her opponent scores a point, and she doesn’t have an effective response, she puts on a creepy smirk/smile. She would make a horrible poker player.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    Commiela lost that debate horribly.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Every time she "thinks" she just said something witty or landed a zinger on someone, she has an attitude and facial expression like a schoolgirl who just told somebody off on the playground. The only thing missing is popping some bubblegum to complete the look.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    The moderator Susan Page came prepared with some well-crafted questions, but she failed to enforce the rules and did an even worse job than Chris Wallace. Pence kept droning on past his allotted time and just wouldn't shut up. Even worse, Pence ignored questions he didn't want to answer. Harris was guilty of the same behavior, although not as bad as Pence. I felt like screaming into the TV: "Just answer the fucking question."

Example: Pence was asked to detail what plan is in place to protect pre-existing conditions if the ACA is overturned. Instead of answering the question, Pence changed the subject to court-packing. Instead of forcing Pence to answer the question, Harris took the bait and the topic evaporated. She's a mediocre debater.

Another general theme is that Pence lies almost as much as Trump, just in a calmer and smarmier way. He's repulsive and boring.

Nobody will remember this useless debate and it won't make any difference. Trump is getting slaughtered in the polls.
  • RandomMember
    4 years ago
    https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-f…

Biden has 91% chance of winning as of this morning.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    That debate really exposed Kommiela for the hack that she is. Her primary campaign was such miserable failure that it almost incomprehensible that she would be chosen to VP.

Incomprehensible to rational mind, but our liberal friends are not rational. To choose a biracial female from the opposite coast fills all the requirements of identity politics. Nevermind her complete lack of qualifications, she checks more boxes on a demographic tally than any other option. That was the sum total of their decision-making when choosing her, how many voters can she claim to identify with, who will not identify with demented old Joe?

Last night put her complete lack of ability on display. She lied, she equivocated, she dodged, and she flip-flopped. Voters are realizing that if Joe is elected, she will be president; and that will cost them the election.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    CNN last night was pulling the gender-card and race-card in defending Kamala - that Kamala being a woman she could not be as forceful as Pence "w/o being harshly judged by the viewers" and her being black made it even tougher on her w.r.t. "being more forceful" - the Dems and their vision of the UnUnied States of America
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Commie-la may be a mediocre debater, but I heard that she gives good head.
  • Icey
    4 years ago
    Kayleigh mcenany looks like a much better fuck.

Ivanka probably gives great tittie jobs

But melania fucked her way to being first lady
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @IceyDogO - obviously you aren’t familiar with the way Commie-la got her start in politics.
  • Arigano_69 (Twat)
    4 years ago
    "^Giving Breh a run for the retard of the year; aren't you bitch?"

No BITCH. You took that title a long time ago.
  • oscarlomax
    4 years ago
    At least on the surface it was more civil and you could actually hear them weigh in on the issues from their particular perspective.

I doubt this event really swayed anyone in either direction.

Personally, I'm not in the Trump-Pence camp. Their ideas don't work for me. Kamla Harris is a polished, forceful entity, and while, I have difference with some of her past actions, more of her overall ideas align with where I'm coming from. Too bad, Killer Mike isn't on the ballot! (Tongue-in-Cheek but still he's closer to my perspective.)
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Oregano was just terminated yet he continues mouthing off. Smh.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The VP-debate was televised in China - but every time Pence talked about China the feed would be blocked - but every time Kamala talked about China it would not be blocked - kinda says something about how a communist country sees the two sides/parties
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    The Dems and their tear-apart identity-politics.

Kamala's answer to the question about packing the supreme court is that Trump hadn't appointed any black judges to the District Courts (so she didn't answer the question and immediately brought out the race-card) - and as if the Left would not tear-apart any black-person Trump appoints and basically accuse the black-person of being a sell-out and basically an Uncle Tom (as the Left did when DeSantis recently tried to appoint a black female to the Florida Supreme Court and the left accused him of it being a "token pick")
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Kamala had the worst answer when it came to foreign affairs. She has no clue. Pence was dumb for not taking her to task. She was a whiny twat, reminded me of a darker skinned Sarah Palin.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "Kamala Harris Makes Historically Illiterate Reference To Lincoln In Debate"

"... Kamala Harris, history professor, held class tonight and gave V.P. Pence a lecture on how even a GOP icon like Lincoln would have been opposed to filling a Supreme Court vacancy in an election season. She said: “In 1864 a seat became open on the Supreme Court. Abraham Lincoln’s party was in charge of not only the White House but the Senate. But honest Abe said it’s not the right thing to do. The American people deserve to make the decision about who will be the next President of the United States, and then that person can select who will serve [on the Court].”

Well, what she was referring to was the October 12, 1864 death of Chief Justice Roger B. Taney. Taney was a vehemently pro-slavery jurist — his Court decided in Dredd Scott that Blacks were not people and thus had no right to sue — whom Lincoln no doubt disdained. Contrary to Sen. Harris’ version of history (that a junior staffer must have hastily Google searched, scribbled onto a sheaf of paper, and then placed in front of her under the label “zinger”), if anything, Lincoln was chomping at the bit to fill this Jacksonian Democrat’s seat with a Republican…especially with emancipation amendments to the Constitution on the horizon.

So why didn’t Honest Abe fill the seat before the November 1864 election? Simple. THE SENATE WASN’T IN SESSION.

The Senate wouldn’t be back until December 5, 27 days after Election Day. The very next day, December 6, 1864, a re-elected Lincoln submitted his nomination for Supreme Court Chief Justice to the lame-duck Republican Senate (which had maintained its majority)…his former Treasury Secretary Salmon P. Chase. Chase was confirmed the very same day. That was just 56 days after Taney’s death. Pretty much in line with the Amy Coney Barrett timeline ..."

https://www.dailywire.com/news/schaeffer…
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion