tuscl

A moment of silence

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
It’s been 19 years today on 9/11 that we were viciously attacked
How about a prayer for the fallen and big thank you to all of the first responders some who are still suffering the effects of the cowardly attack
And praise for our military still in active counter measures some who weren’t even born on the day of the attack

31 comments

• pistola
    4 years ago
    Fuck yeah #bluelivesmatter 👏👏👏👮‍♀️👮🏽👮🏿‍♂️
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Can we keep the politics out of this please
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^not really considering the role they played
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ It’s good to say a prayer for all of the first responders slogans aren’t necessary
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I remember and I hope we never see it happen again. Open borders is an invitation for terrorists to do it again. I'm not anti immigration but we have to know who it is that is coming in.
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    ^+1000 shadow

@25. I’m calling it like it is. The NYPD stepped up that day like true champions of humanity. No need to bury them and group them in the PC First Responder category because SJWs are en force these days. And praise GWB who handled it like a champ. Say what up you want about him as he was far from perfect, but our country felt safe from outsiders under his watch. #dontmesswithtexas Ok I’m done. 🤣
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    So head over to politics room if y’all want to bicker about shit, I lost some good friends members of the NYFD one a former next door neighbor and a cousin who worked in the south tower
    So don’t try to start something that isn’t really on point
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Think what you want about rick dugan, but IMO he wrote an excellent narrative (he was at work in NYC on 911) on the pink site, and he may have somewhere here. Worth reading.
  • founder
    4 years ago
    That was the lowest day of my life.

I love my country. To see it attacked in such a way crushed me.

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ 👍
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    So don’t try to start something that isn’t really on point
    -
    Newsflash bub, you post a thread it has the potential to evolve and it ways you may or may not like. Deal.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Try following the same rules that the site owner put out I don’t block and let you have your say, but you can create all the drama you want on your own threads if you are looking for a fight find someone else to fight with.
    Preferably on the political section
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    Getting your panties in a bunch for me calling out the NYPD... lol. 💁🏻‍♂️Thank the people in red (NYFD) and the health care providers too.
  • ime
    4 years ago
    It is one even that I know and remember exactly where I was when I heard. I also remember the faces of the people there and then the rest of the day was totally unlike any other day I have ever experienced.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Never forget!
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @IME - for me, it wasn't that day that was unlike any day that I have experienced - it was the entire week.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    It’s a sad day of remembrance.

Sadly, folks are still suffering, and passing away, due to the events of that day.

I apologize, as I’m not trying to derail the intent of this discussion, but I’m reminded of how great this country is when we are united.
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    Y’all do all this for some people that died 20 years ago but y’all quiet as hell when cops kill unarmed blacks ?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^All due respect this ain’t the same thing and you have a right to your own causes
    If you come here not so angry you might get a hearing, but most of the folks here aren’t who your fight is with if you want allies you need to stop attacking everyone
    OTH I think your goal here is to see how many you can offend I’m not gonna play that’s why I have you on ignore
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    Idc crack ass cracka. I’m smoking thst 9/11 pack today. We rolling up all those dead cops and smoking them. Fuck them people fuck them cops fuck that ignore. Funny y’all put me on ignore and still comment on my shit 😂😂
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Bye Felicia
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Thanks Cashman
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Many of you folks are too young to remember but the feeling that day was similar to the day President Kennedy was assassinated those two days are imprinted on my mind like no other I was 10 when Kennedy died and we were sent home from school early I got home and my mother was crying in the kitchen, and on the morning of 9/11 I was in my office and received a phone call we turned on the television just in time to see the plane crash into the south tower, my office manager started crying and all throughout the day it was surreal
  • Huntsman
    4 years ago
    25, most definitely agree on a moment of silence and a prayer today.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    I remember watching the event on TV from my office in Tennessee. The headquarters of the company I was working for at the time was in Tower 2. For a few hours, I remember wondering if my company dissolved when that thing went down. Luckily, out of 2000 employees that were there, only two died. They both went back to get something after everyone else evacuated.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    No direct connection to anyone in NYC or the Pentagon at that point in time. I was in Arizona working for a dot-com.

I had pulled an over-nighter on September 10th (worked the normal day, evening, and into the morning). I first found out what happend when I was checking pre-market activity on TheStreet.com. Stock futures were up before the first plane hit the World Trade Center. Then they started plunging.

TheStreet.com first reported it as a small plane hitting one of the towers. Tried going to a few news websites, but they were all down from high traffic. It took a few hours before I learned what happened.

Ended up going home around noon that day (I had worked for 28 hours straight, so I went home early) Couldn't sleep. Just watched the news until I went to work the next day.

That process repeated itself for about a week, though I did grab a few hours of sleep here and there during that time.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    We were so united after this shitty moment. That’s everybody was together as Americans now it’s the exact opposite.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    That's so true @Muddy
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    25: Amen. It's hard to believe next year will be the twenty year anniversary.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    25IQ pretending to be a patriot, even though he hates this country, he hates cops, he's a died in the wool commie. What a piece of shit.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    let me pull a RandomLoser: *dyed*, lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion