tuscl

South Florida not opening anytime soon

Miami Dade mayor Carlos Gimenez announced yesterday that Miami bars and nightclubs won’t reopen until there’s a vaccine. The 10 PM curfew has been extended to 11 PM as long as the number of coronavirus cases continues to fall. The county has issued 612 citations and has closed 140 businesses for violating rules.

So until there’s a vaccine I’m not sure anyone’s going to risk losing their business license.

While the rest of the state has clubs opening back up with various new rules, it doesn’t look like it’s going to be the case in South Florida anytime soon.

22 comments

• wallanon
    4 years ago
    Get the lawyers ready
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Why am I not surprised ?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Is it because we are in the middle of a pandemic?
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Nah prolly cause they hate seeing anyone have a good time .
  • winex
    4 years ago
    Well, hatred of strip clubs by government officials is one of the few bipartisan issues that exist today. Obviously anything that can be used against a strip club will be used against a strip club.

But that having been said, it's difficult to think of a business that is more likely to facilitate the spead of COVID-19 than a strip club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Expect a SoFlo Cuban dancer invasion in other places
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    ^ Judging from recent reviews here and there, that's been happening for a little while now.
  • hamster80
    4 years ago
    Hoping I don't have to cancel my Oct 23 South Florida trip :(
  • hamster80
    4 years ago
    I looked at Miami Dade on Google Maps and does not look to include Cheetah Hallendale (barely), Diamond Dolls, and Cheetah Pompano
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ because they're in Broward County
  • SerenitySinn
    4 years ago
    WE WILL SEE!!!!! 🤗
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    What about the rest of Miami-Dade and Broward? Do they usually follow Miami metro's lead, or have they announced other plans?
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    Doesn't seem like it'll be a much different timeline than Palm Beach. I mean, I'd guess it would be mid Dec or mid Jan when they open those businesses. Isn't that around when Vaccines are supposed to be out?
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    that's about the same time when we'll know who won the election, if the democrat party gets their way.

It takes a long time to change all those ballots.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Last night on the news it seemed like Stuart and Port St Lucie we’re allowing bars to open but I only caught the tail end of that piece so I’m not sure still as far as I know there’s only two strip clubs up there and I’ve never seen a good review of either
  • Dtuscl
    4 years ago
    The three South Florida counties ( Dade, Broward & Palm Beach ) have been pretty much following the same guidelines. It will all depend on if the current trend continues. If so then there will be more pressure to re-open.

But for now, no clubs open and no one (I’m aware of) is trying to test the rules.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... Bars in Florida will be allowed to reopen at 50% capacity starting Monday, but the mayor of Miami-Dade says bars in the county will remain closed.

After the announcement, Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez made it clear that the county's bars would remain closed.

Officials in Palm Beach County announced their bars would also remain closed until an order is issued by the county.

In an earlier Zoom interview, Gimenez hinted that strip clubs may possibly reopen before bars, suggesting that strip clubs were less risky than bars and nightclubs in the spread of COVID-19.

“Nightclubs are something you do dancing and drinking and etc.,” Gimenez said. “I don’t believe that’s what happens at a strip club.”

At strip clubs, certain social distancing guidelines are in place, according to County Deputy Mayor Jennifer Moon. Customers are required to be seated at tables at a certain distance away from the entertainers.

For bar owners like Philippe Kalifa of El Patio in Wynwood, the idea that strip clubs are safer than bars is "very frustrating."

“What we don’t understand is why you can go in a restaurant, take off your mask and eat your food, but you can’t come in bar, take off your mask and have a drink?" Kalifa said.

On the other hand, one exotic dancer told NBC 6 that it shouldn’t matter when strip clubs reopen as long as they’re safe.

“As long as we wear our masks, I don’t think it’s a big deal,” Jeremiah said. “I don’t think it’s a big deal for us to get close to the girls and give a full dance.”

For now, there is no reopening date in South Florida for bars or strip clubs ..."

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/bars…
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ I don't think the Miami-Dade officials know how strip-clubs work these days - I think they think it's just people sitting at a table looking at the stage
  • Garfield84
    4 years ago
    “Expect a SoFlo Cuban dancer invasion in other places”

-papi chulo

Yep. Lots of them are right here In Atlanta. I bet Tampa strip clubs are better right now too
  • hbk19
    4 years ago
    Damn and here I was in the middle of the night thinking when I should pull the trigger and book my airbnb to spend the weekend at Tootsies and Deans in December. Hopefully people play nice and cases go down so they deem it worthy to reopen there soon.
  • SerenitySinn
    4 years ago
    Told ya Sept 10
    WE WILL SEE??
    FINALLY!!!!
    VI❌EN’S open 2nite at 10pm
    Hopefully stays that way.
    Come say hi, they’ve missed partying w/ya guys for months🤗
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    Nice. Good luck with the reopen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now