tuscl

OT: TUSCL Golfers

magicrat
North Carolina
Thursday, September 3, 2020 12:04 PM
Given the board's demographic, I would think we have a lot of golfers out there. My question is what do we normally shoot? I'm a low to mid 80s player with an occasional trip into the high 70s. What about you?

21 comments

• twentyfive
    4 years ago
    Hi 70s to mid 80s depends on the course and who I’m playing with
  • 1965jackstraw
    4 years ago
    I shoot mid 90’s
  • 1965jackstraw
    4 years ago
    @magicrat can you recommend a decent golf gps watch or handheld
  • gobstopper007
    4 years ago
    High 60’s and then I make the turn. Actually I’m typically high 80’s/low 90’s with enough decent shots to not quit the damn game
  • Chili Palmer
    4 years ago
    14 handicap, just treated myself to a club fitting for new Mavrik irons for my 60th birthday, love them. For me, golf in the AM, and then on to the strip club. Always a good day.
  • ATACdawg
    4 years ago
    I shot a 52 in my first and only match. Didn't seem very challenging..... Oh, yeah, it was a 9-hole, par 3 course......😜🏌️
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    I could use a little work on my distance and accuracy but other than that I'm pretty good.
  • snowtime
    4 years ago
    Haven’t played in years and too stiff now to attempt it. I do enjoy watching it on tv. The only major pro sport where you don’t get paid to just show up. Your paycheck is based on how well you perform that day. Wish all these overpaid football, baseball, and basketball players got compensated that way.
  • beaverbandit
    4 years ago
    85-100 depending on the day and course. Consistently inconsistent. lol
  • magicrat
    4 years ago
    1965 I don't use the technology so I can't speak to that. I generally look for a sprinkler head.
  • six300s
    4 years ago
    just started keeping my index this year. Usually 90-96. Playing at 17.2 after 6 rounds this year
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    no matter what your results are, as long as your swing is not like charles barkley's you guys will be fine.
  • Muddy
    4 years ago
    I don't golf that much, but when I do, I don't even remember the scores, I just never get through a golf game sober enough
  • Electronman
    4 years ago
    80-90. Part of my "perfect" day: golf, beer, nap then strip club or massage parlor.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    I’ve stopped playing golf. I haven’t played 18 holes in about two years. When I did play, I was pleased if I shot below 100.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I used to play a lot and was a 10. Then I stopped. Now I do it because walking and carrying is great for getting into hiking shape. Used to shoot 82-89; now its 88 - 100, but my last nine when I felt my swing come back was a 37. I play with good golfers and at almost 63 its tough to score well from the blue tees. Playing 6800+ yards today, too long for me. Rhode island Dolls last night and golf this morning. Best part is wake and bake though.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    skibum, etal: Asking for "Mr. Williams".... What does the color coded tee locations designate ? A golf course nearest to where I live had 4 colors, with gold being the farthest away, and red presumably for the ladies.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ White is the regular Tees Red is the ladies tees Green is beginners or juniors I haven't noticed Gold tees but it sounds like it is expert level
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Thanks, 25. The other 3 colors were red, white, and blue. I think most guys used the white tee spot, recall few, if any, using the gold.
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    Excuse me, but if we kill all the gophers they’re going to lock us up and throw away the key!
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Courses are a bit different with their tee color scheme but, generally Red = Ladies, Gold = Seniors, White = Men and when you "step back" to the "tips" it's usually Black or Blue...... which is how my score ends up when I try to play from them. When I have been lucky enough to play a high level course like Copperhead or TPC Sawgrass they usually have all five.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion