tuscl

Non-dancer related negotiations: VIP rooms and buying dancer off stage.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 7:48 PM
More talking about the VIP room itself or buying the dancer off stage and not the activity that directly goes to the dancer. Clubs have their list price and sometimes have their advertised specials, but how often do you negotiate price and how do you negotiate it?? Again, I'm not talking about OTC or extras w/the dancer herself, but prices set by the club. One club has 4 dancers and I enjoy strings of dances but don't like being interrupted every 4 songs for her to go on stage. Multiple girls have stated to buy them off stage is a certain price, confirmed by other staff, but had a girl tell me if a certain DJ/manager's working she can work it for a much better price. Dancer activity can always be negotiated how about how often do you negotiate VIP rooms?

20 comments

• winex
    4 years ago
    Buying a dancer off stage? That's the first I ever heard of that practice. Most clubs in the Phoenix area won't take a dancer out of VIP for a stage call. Girls working the floor are subject to be called on stage. But I have known dancers who make arrangements not to be called before spending time with me for no extra charge.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    This club VIP comes with a room and they won't be on rotation, but you can also buy them off stage call/rotation without the room. NAAAASTY
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    How one is bought off stage depends on the club. I know at my club there is no such practice, but if you have good rapport with the DJ, and don’t ask too many times, then you can get skipped. I think the “standard” at most clubs I’ve worked at in central Texas is pay $20 to get skipped off your set. I think most clubs won’t want skipping for regular lap dances, but it automatically happens for vip?
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @NiceSpice - automatic skipping for VIP happens in most clubs here (the Phoenix area), but not all. Sugar 44 will pull a dancer from VIP, but other clubs won't.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    The Goldrush in Atlanta was famous for that. The stated VIP price was $35 for a 1/2 hour to the house and $100 or more to the dancer. However the floor guy told me that for an additional $20 her would let her skip her next stage call. I once caught her just after she finished her stage set and knew she wouldn't get called again for well over 30 minutes. So I told him no. He was back there checking on us every 5 minutes. so I did not get what I was used to and wound up leaving after 20 minutes. The bouncer followed me all the way out the front door. I found out that he and the DJ would split that $20. I haven't been back for a VIP since. Of course this was prior to Follies becoming "THE" place to go.
  • NAAAASTY
    4 years ago
    @ nicespice and shadowcat wow 20 for stage skip. over here i'm quoted over 100 for off rotation for the night w/VIP over 400. at one of the busier clubs it's closer to 140 for stage skip only. NAAAASTY
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    One time I did have a dancer go on stage after buying her a ficha drink at hong kong. she stripped bare ass naked on stage and then jumped into my arms naked directly from the stage after she was done... ;)
  • SaltyNuts
    4 years ago
    @winex It's been my experience in Sugar 44 that the girls inform the DJ when they go in to VIP so they are not called on stage. They don't pay him directly but tip out when their shift is over.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    @SaltyNuts, I've had girls called from me from Sugar before. When I am back there, it is usually for a while, but still the same... In fact thinking about it now, often the only time you see Mustang there is when she gets away from VIP for a quick 2 song appearance.
  • misterorange
    4 years ago
    Pulling a dancer out of VIP and/or charging a fee to avoid it sounds like a really dumb business practice. Unless I'm mistaken, the club is making money every minute she's in VIP. They ain't making shit while she's on stage, right? The only reason I could imagine for that would be if the VIP area has limited space and they want to maintain availability for other customers, but if that's the case they ought to reconfigure the area to maximize revenue.
  • winex
    4 years ago
    There's another line of thinking in running a strip-club. It's related to extracting as much cash from each customer with charges (regardless of how ridiculous those charges) may be as possible. There is a club in Phoenix called the HiLiter. Though they recently changed back to more customer pricing, for a few years, they had two prices for floor lap dances - $10 and $15 per song. The $10 chairs were in the middle of the club. The $15 chairs were lined up against a wall. The dances in either chair were virtually identical and were dependent upon the girl more than the chair chosen. So why the 50% price difference? All the chairs have wheels on the bottom. Choose a center floor chair, and you end up getting pushed all over the place during the dance. Choose a wall chair, and you are staying in the same place. Before the price change, the wall chairs were the most popular seats. After the price change and people adapted to the differences, the wall chairs would be mostly unused by customers unless the club was packed.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "How one is bought off stage depends on the club. I know at my club there is no such practice, but if you have good rapport with the DJ, and don’t ask too many times, then you can get skipped. " Most customers don't have much reason to interact with the DJ. But in a slow dayshift, not uncommon to have the DJ walking by to head to the bar, go to the bathroom, etc. Literally, I've found being friendly and buying him a tequila is often enough to get my girl skipped on rotation. So the price to buy out her stage is about 7 bucks :)
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    At Oasis in Atlanta the stage skip seems to be automatic if the girl is in VIP. I’ve had several press for a VIP sooner rather than later because they didn’t want to go on stage. Seems to be the same at Pink Pony but have only done a couple of VIPs there over the years.
  • whodey
    4 years ago
    Never had a girl called out of VIP for a stage set, closest I had seen was when I added another 30 minutes and the waitress who collected the fee when the 1st 30 minutes was up forgot to tell the DJ. This was in the middle of reverse cowgirl FS and the dancer just leaned forward without breaking stride opened the curtain and yelled at the DJ that she was busy and closed the curtain. Between the waitress coming into the booth and watching the stripper blow me while I paid for the extended time and then the dancer opening the curtain while riding me it was certainly the oddest VIP session I've ever had. I have had strings of regular lap dances interrupted by the girl getting called for a stage set and it is always annoying.
  • DeclineToState
    4 years ago
    In NorCal, SoCal, Reno, and Portland OR, have never had girl called to stage from VIP dances or room, don't know why but assume floor guy keeps track and communicates to DJ. I don't get floor dances but guessing girl could get called to stage from that. If sitting with non-CF and intend to hit VIP but not ready yet and don't want interruption, a few times I've strolled to DJ and handed $10 or $20 to skip but only after asking her if wants to skip and knowing she'll return after stage and not get sidetracked. If sitting with CF, I don't buy off stage so she can get stage tipped and I know she's coming straight back anyway for impending VIP. But if it's uncrowded and likely low stage tippage I'll occasionally ask if she wants to be bought off and if so then I do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - my experience is if she's in VIP, she gets skipped, but if she's giving regular-dances then she needs to go on stage. IDK exactly how much it'll be to keep a dancer off-stage, but I assume it's more if the PL wants her to be kept off for the length of her shift vs one-rotation - I would think if it's a shift-length thing it'll be along what the OP mentioned around $100 or more (and it also depends on the club w.r.t. the cost)
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    "In NorCal, SoCal, Reno, and Portland OR, have never had girl called to stage from VIP dances or room" There were some clubs in SF where the girls had to go on their stage -- they needed to keep track of when they went on stage, and it was mandatory to leave the VIP and get on stage if they fucked up. Pissed off customers, seems to make no business sense. Mitchell Bros for years is an example of a club with that policy; if you've never been burned by it there, it just means your strippers were good at managing the time before their stage
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    I usually try to work dance times around stage sets, but it doesn't always happen. The clubs I go to the girls can get skipped. It's only an issue for me if we've already gotten started and her name gets called. Otherwise if she wants to let the other customers see her I'll wait if I have time. Sometimes the dancers pay if they're getting dances/VIP in return, but I assume I'm paying the skip fee unless they say don't worry about it.
  • PredragDr
    4 years ago
    I don't think it is too expensive to buy away the required stage appearance. Many veteran dancers often pay a fee to be exempt from having to do any stage shows. They are usually there just to sell dances to regulars and/or so hideous that the stage show would only drive away potential new customers. ;-) On the flip side, I have had a dancer give me a few additional dances for free because she got called to the stage shortly after starting to dance for me. After giving almost one song, she departed for the stage and told me to stay in the dance area and she would give me 2 songs for free when she returned. I could've just walked off and not paid for any dances, but I waited and ended up getting a decent discount.
  • busta_nut
    4 years ago
    Players club in Balt. always pulled girls out of LD room for stage.. they would not skip to the next available girl It would suck if you were right about to have some serious fun.. part of the problem in it's heyday the LD room was always full with up to 8-10 dancers at once. IN many other clubs in Md and Fl the dancer or PL can pay to keep them off the stage..
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion