tuscl

NFL plans for black national anthem to be played at Week 1 games

joker44
In the wind
from WaPo July 2nd

By
Mark Maske
July 2, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. CDT
**The NFL is considering allowing players to wear helmet decals or jersey patches this season with the names of victims of systemic racism and police brutality, according to a person familiar with the deliberations.

The league, in its latest step amid the national unrest and protests since the May 25 death of George Floyd while in police custody in Minneapolis, also plans to have the song “Lift Every Voice and Sing” performed live or played before kickoff at each Week 1 game of the 2020 season, according to the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the league made no official announcement of its plans.

The song was originally written as a poem and is traditionally known as the black national anthem. It will be played before “The Star-Spangled Banner” at each opening week game, beginning with the Sept. 10 regular season opener in Kansas City, Mo., between the defending Super Bowl champion Chiefs and the Houston Texans.

**FedEx, stadium sponsor for the Washington Redskins, calls on team to change its name

28 comments

• Nidan111
    4 years ago
    Fuck all that. I quit watching the National Felon League 6 years ago. I prefer watching underwater basket weaving when I sit in a sports bar drinking vodka infused wine.
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Your kidding - fuck bending over for them. Now they want take over national anthem?

I think I will just google - nudist woman big tits.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    Let me know if anybody kneels because I won't be watching.
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    >The song was originally written as a poem and is traditionally known as the black national anthem.

Another black tradition no one has heard of?
  • yahtzee74
    4 years ago
    If these black athletes want to help black people they should use their money to build businesses in black communities.
  • Hank Moody
    4 years ago
    Bunch of fucking snowflakes. The league is 70% black and they are playing the black anthem one time in addition to and not instead of the national anthem, and you’re all offended? You are seriously a bunch of thin skinned pussies with your panties up your twats.
  • doctorevil
    4 years ago
    Fuck the NFL. They should stop playing the national anthem if they are going act like a bunch of pussies about it. And Trump should cut off military support to the NFL. No more color guards, no more flyovers, no more skydiving teams.
  • daddyfatsack
    4 years ago
    Brain cells in this one are going to pop. I'm definitely going to monitor this topic for the pure comedy!
  • loper
    4 years ago
    I'm pretty sure that just about every Black person knows LEVAS. As a musician I hate playing it because I don't think it's very musical, but neither is the white national anthem for that matter.
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Sports is much more than atheltic competition and entertainment, sports primarily about money and many institutions and inviduals use the sports platform to promote and advance their causes and agendas, so it is not surprising the NFL is using this opportunity to promote social justice.

I watch the NFL to watch football and coukd care less what songs they play before, during, and after the game.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    "... plans to have the song “Lift Every Voice and Sing” performed live or played before kickoff at each Week 1 game of the 2020 season, according to the person, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the league made no official announcement of its plans ..."

The statement says "week 1" - you know the sealteam-6 SJWs ain't taking that little token - they will demand it for for every game of the season, then will demand the national anthem be not played at all.

• Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Maybe white players can take a knee during the black anthem to protest black on white violence?

Any white guy driving a nice car down an MLK boulevard knows there’s black on white violence!

There still are a few white players in the NFL? I’m sure they still use them as place kickers or punters. A few coaches and owners too!
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    "Maybe white players can take a knee during the black anthem to protest black on white violence?"
    i see your point with that cash but the reality of that would be if the white dudes do that then when they get on the field each of them will get brains scrambled. also just how the press would go off on that issue.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Someone’s gotta take a stand against this insanity! A black national anthem? Wtf!

Are we just going to ignore the number of whites killed by blacks while allowing a fictitious black national anthem to be celebrated?
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Insanity is the new-normal
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    2020 ESPYS had the lowest ratings ever - must've been a BLM fuckfest:

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2020/06/th…
  • Member6532
    4 years ago
    If they want to play another song its fine, but it shouldn't be called or referred to as the black national anthem as its going to cause more dividing then bringing together. Let the NFL allow the patchs and helmets, Its a ratings stunt but it doesn't hurt anything or have any affect except popularity of the player to get sponsors.
  • minnow
    4 years ago
    Are we the United States of America, or the Divided Racial Ethnic Groups (Dregs) who just happen to be here?
  • Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Most asinine decision by the nfl in YEARS!
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    We all know Match Madness by future is the black national anthem
  • WavvyCain
    4 years ago
    March Madness*
  • anthony6613
    4 years ago
    Ridiculous
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Fucking stupid to pander to violent assholes.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    It’s not a national anthem if it doesn’t include everyone
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    TwentyFive is correct. It’s an anthem for the nation - not one racial group.
  • daddyfatsack
    4 years ago
    Hahahahahahahahaha! Definitely not disappointing me. Keep it going fellas!
  • pistola
    4 years ago
    I thought the Black national anthem was the theme song from Cops.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ you need to learn about black history - as most educated people would know the traditional black-anthem is "Baby Got Back" - don't be so ignorant
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion