tuscl

Welp it looks like the Patriots might be a Super contender after all

twentyfive
Living well and enjoying my retirement
Monday, June 29, 2020 8:59 AM
They just signed Cam Newton to a one year deal, too bad for Jarrett Stidham he is demoted from starter to backup, but I'm sure their fans will cheer that they have a seasoned quarterback in the starting line up.

11 comments

• Mr_O
    4 years ago
    Of course they just got hit with MORE cheating as well!
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    ^ Cheating is what they do, they do what they need to win, gotta give them their due though.
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    well if they were videoing the shit bengals then they had to have done it to every team they played.
  • Dolfan
    4 years ago
    I'd consider it a good thing for Stidham. I think he's a solid guy, but probably not quite ready to carry a professional team. Let him sit for a bit and learn. Even if he's behind both Newton & Hoyer. They can reevaluate a week or two before the bye and see if its time to throw the kid into the fire or not. He's not my favorite guy, but I'd have been happy to see him come to the Fins on a similar deal.
  • Meursault
    4 years ago
    Assuming that injuries haven't rendered Cam non-functional, I'm sad to see him as a Patriot. I'd rather see him on a team that is making an attempt to field an offense.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Cam has a lot of natural talent - not a NE fan but glad he's there and hopefully his talents will be maximized.
  • bobtheslob
    4 years ago
    Cam hasnt been able to throw more than 15 yards in 2 years, this is most likely a non-factor.
  • rockie
    4 years ago
    Meursault: Funny, what team exactly offers Cam Newton a better "one year" opportunity to showcase what ability he has left behnd a formidable offensive line (when all their lineman are healthy). If he had a better offer, he didn't take it! It is a shame that Belicheat suddenly forgot how to get a team to achieve after the departure of the savant and the retiree.
  • grand1511
    4 years ago
    Newton hasn't had a physical yet.
  • mark94
    4 years ago
    The former team always has way more information about a player than the acquiring team. Maybe Cam can struggle through another season. Maybe not.
  • rickdugan
    4 years ago
    They picked him up for the league minimum with incentives. Sounds like they are taking a flyer in the hopes of finding some former magic. Sorry to say but Cam Newton is hardly exciting.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion