tuscl

Took a chance, got a dance

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
I almost envy you guys who are super confident that your relative youth, or strength, or whatever, will protect you (from Covid) when going clubbing/getting lap dances. (And I hope you don’t have any fragile relatives/acquaintances in your circle.) And I understand completely those older, and/or with ‘preexisting conditions’, that prohibit even having to consider whether you can or should.

If you’re not in those two situations, how are you “calculating” your chances? What ‘metric’ will get a lass in your lap?

I’m 66, but quite healthy. I’m in a county of Oregon that’s been lucky (and fairly serious with the masking, distancing) so far. Less than a hundred cases (382K population), with only a handful of ‘active’ cases. So – I figure their can’t be too many ‘undiagnosed walking around’ cases here - m a y b e – a dozen at worst. And I believe cases gotta go up as people let guard down. Probably safer now than later in summer. And it’s been nearly 4 months without a lap dance.

So, I took a chance. Got a couple.
One was eh, one was awesome. So I got the awesome to remember till whenever.

27 comments

• FishHawk
    4 years ago
    Way to go. I am still on the sidelines as far as clubbing. I am also a few years older than you and live in FL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I'm 50 and take bp-meds - my original stance was to stay away from clubs till this blew over - for a while it seemed as we were turning the corner and things were at worst holding steady vs getting worse and I started considering a visit at some point - but now my state of Florida is setting new highs in cases and I'm not so sure about hitting a club (which supposedly have just started to reopen in the last couple of days).
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    Would not risk covid just to get dances. Otc girl x stripper SB putting pressure on to meet. Says “your mine let’s meet Monday” She is either married or in common law relationship w boy toy baby daddy. I am in high risk age group and averse to meeting until covid off the field. I have seen her many years and would love get some more of that.
  • twboyhouston
    4 years ago
    If you look at my posts, you know that I have pretty active hitting multiple clubs. And I have multiple visits at each club that I haven't posted. Maybe it's burnout but I think I'm going to restrict my activities for a little bit. That's because the Houston population has suddenly taken a massive spike in cases and hospitalizations. ICU's at many local hospitals went from normal levels to almost completely full in a few days. Some have begun doubling the sizes of their ICU's. So the risk is getting higher since reopening. I also met one dancer who told me you had contracted it and was cured. She is a very young and very healthy girl who prior to getting it was running several miles a day. Afterwards, she told me lung damage prevented her from even running two blocks without being winded. The worst thing was at one club, my waitress looked like she was coming down with it as I was there. She started sweating profusely and looking paler and paler. Managers finally stepped in and told her to go home. On top of that, the amount of talent at the clubs is very low, only about 1/4 of the dancers that used to be there. All in all I think it would be wise to not go for a bit.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Yeah, for me local cases have to be quite low - and - not going up. (And I wore a mask) So far my area seems a reasonably 'safe bet'.
    I don't expect that to last indefinitely though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Florida has ‘all the markings’ to become next coronavirus epicenter: model

https://nypost.com/2020/06/18/florida-co…
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I am almost 63, physically active, I stay on Lipotur because it prevents strokes, but no longer need it and am on no other meds. B/p averages 119/72 with a resting heart rate of 60. According to the news corona is bad around here. I am getting the same intimate laps as always and have gone on 5/23 - 6/12 and last night. Full grind, dfk etc. If I get sick and die I look at it like the time I bet $500 (1982) on Niatross to show (we are called bridge jumpers) and when the jockey whipped him for the first time ever, he jumped over the infield rail and we both lost. Horse goes 35-1 lifetime and I bet on........ lol. With luck like that I might as well enjoy getting covid and dying.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    Fasting has helped me along with other older friends of mine (50+) strengthen immunity tremendously. Back as a teenager and college kid, I'd get sick with whatever maybe once a month.
    Presently, I haven't been moderately sick or stuck in bed ill in around 3 years or so. I can't even remember the last time I had a cold or sinus infection. Combining anal amounts of Vitamin C every time I know I'm going out with 24 hour fasts once (or twice if I'm feeling ballsy) a week, among other home remedies (garlic, apple cider vinegar, ginger) if I even suspect something's trying to come onto me, I'd like to think I'm maintaining a good armor on when I'm out in public and in close contact with other people (dances).

I was so happy that I got to go out to monger for the first time in so long, but I'm not itching to go out and club every single night of the week, especially since Florida's statistics with the positive cases are not impressive.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I was think about meeting some friends from here next week but after hearing that Florida had a spike the highest one day total of new infections I can put it off for a while longer
    I’m 66 and healthy, fairly fit with no co-morbidities but I intend to stay that way I’m likely going to pass this one
  • rattdog
    4 years ago
    ski,
    just watched youtube that niatross race. that was fucking brutal!!!! what the fuck was the jockey thinking? whipping for the first time on a slightly off-track and racing along the rail while 3rd and trying to save 3rd? oh yeah - saratoga - the graveyard for favorites.
  • RamPaige
    4 years ago
    Well good luck.
  • sideshow_bob
    4 years ago
    Cases dont matter causevm they're testing more. Hospitalizations are what counts. Asymptomatic cases are meaningless. They've been around forever. We just know now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I heard someone mention that yes, the more testing the more positive cases - thus the metrics that give a more accurate picture:

1) % of positive cases and if that % is increasing (vs just the raw # increase)

2) if # of hospitalizations are increasing
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @gSteph

Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.

:D

YOLO. Good for you on taking a chance and getting one awesome dance, and enjoying the memories.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    It was a sad day rat, but in way pretty cool as my girlfriend got 3 pics of the driver getting pitched out of the sulky on a kodac instamatic lol.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    @CJKent,
    sorry, Man, no images exist. Best you can do is read the review, and use your imagination 🙂
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i have decided to have the fun i love. went to tijuana and enjoyed the ladies that were there. no clubs open btw.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ you should write about your experience - put it under Hong Kong
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I'm ending a guy's 24ish year retirement from strip clubbing tonight. Wish me luck.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ why is he retiring from strip-clubbing
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    No, I mean he retired 24 years ago cause he got married at the time back in Vegas. I'm ending said retirement. We've made plans to hit several clubs tonight.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ oh
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    Hmmm, that could be a story in the morning
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    More like a hangover in the morning.
    I'll make records of our ventures after I'm human again.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i submitted an article of my latest tijuana visit. i did not do a sc review since i did not step into hk.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    an account of my latest tijuana trip is posted as an article...
    “Jascoi And Tijuana Visit On June 15-18”
  • crazyjoe
    4 years ago
    I am in the club too!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion