tuscl

Supply and Demand

WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
New Jersey
In the current state are there more desperate girls who need money or more mongers willing to risk covid? Are rates and mileage going up or down? Will there be a shift in coming months?

13 comments

• CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @WILLYSGOTAWOMAN

I will play along and answer your questions.

In the current state are there more desperate girls who need money or more mongers willing to risk covid?

We live in a society/culture that creates ignorant/uninformed citizens that make irrational decisions/choices.

The current state makes those irrational decisions/choices more extreme.

There are more of both, desperate girls and risk taking mongers, because YOLO.

Are rates and mileage going up or down? Will there be a shift in coming months?

Rates will initially go up and mileage go down, because of the greater risk, apparent low supply, and high demand.

Then rates will go down and mileage go up because of the apparent high supply, low demand, when things “cool down”

After a while the rates will go way up because of the inflation caused by the trillions of dollars printed and put into circulation.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    The obvious things here:
    1. Much fewer guys who can afford to pay current rates
    2. Many more women who are in financial troubles that they'd consider sexwork

So, what happens when supply increases at the same time demand drastically reduces? Of course, there's also the fact that sex work is stigmatized and if prices drop below a certain level, I think many women will drop out (they need a hefty premium to stay in), which puts an effective floor on how low prices can go. In the club, my guess: the corporate clubs (e.g., deja vu) may resist lowering prices, so the girls will need to increase mileage and regulars will become more valuable. No idea what will happen with independent clubs
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    Supply and demand both down will create a more chaotic market.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    James: what makes you think supply will go anywhere but up -- and by an appreciable amount?

Actually, that question makes me realize that I'm thinking of the sex biz as a whole. For all I know, half of SCs will end up closing over this, which indeed brings supply down... when it comes to SCs. Girls are absolutely pouring into SA though, where I'm pretty sure prices are absolutely going to go down, and provide a viable alternative for customers
  • JamesSD
    4 years ago
    I think in the short term supply will be down. Let's say a club can reopen June 1. There will likely still be some girls uncomfortable going in. I also think in the very short run there will be a lot of pent up demand. I feel like it will take a few weeks for new girls to join the system and usually it takes a girl a couple weeks to understand mileage expectations.

So my thinking in the very short run is you will lose some dancers to attrition as always happens and their replacements won't be ready on day 1 because they are strippers.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    If I was a 25 year old healthy girl who was broke I think I would risk COVID rationalizing I would likely be fine
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    James, yeah good point, immediately following the re-opening, fewer girls, on top of very few customers
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Kinda analogous to when something new comes on the scene like a new technology - there will be a few early-adopters before the masses jump in.

If there isn't any reliable medication or vaccine when clubs open up, I would think there'd be a minority willing to rush back in - for PLs whom SCing was a regular/weekly thing, they may be some of the ones rushing back in, for the PLs used to SCing less-frequently they'll probably won't be rushing in and waiting to see how things shake-out - w.r.t. dancers; women tend to be more-cautious and risk-adverse, and tend to put more emphasis on their health, than men, on avg - some on here have posted about dancers on SW or other social media posting about not returning to the clubs for the time being, but who knows how wide a view this is among dancers.

Those that qualify for unemployment benefits can be taking home 3k to 4k per month tax-free, which can be doubled if they have an S.O. at home that also qualifies - also seems dancers are used to taking time off all the time, sometimes for a couple of months.

Too many variables to say for sure - I'd say the biggest one is if the dancers are getting benefits or not - if they are then I would expect lean dancer #s -if the virus continues to be a serious concern in the future, there may be more stimulus or even UBI for a period of time and then less reason for dancers to be desperate (assuming they qualify for benefits).
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    desert is this true?

• Player11
    4 years ago
    The girls will hunker down with family. Mongers will hunker down take a second look if the hobby really worth it with all the risks. Some may fall into depression “my gosh why did I spend all that.”
  • wallanon
    4 years ago
    "The girls will hunker down with family."

Possibly

"Mongers will hunker down take a second look if the hobby really worth it with all the risks."

Yes

"Some may fall into depression 'my gosh why did I spend all that.'"

No
  • Player11
    4 years ago
    With the job loss missles hitting depression can set in. Stripclubbing unlike coin collecting is a 100 pct cash consumption thing (that money spent gone forever). I know one guy when Houston oil price crash hit he wished he had only spent half (severe depression). When the mind confronted with survival ahead of entertainment outlook changes. Let alone a wife all of sudden wondering where the money went. Bill collector calls from cc defaults only added to that hell.
  • WILLYSGOTAWOMAN
    4 years ago
    This turned dark. I always looked at the money I spent on strippers as worth it because it made me more functional
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion