tuscl

Edibles

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
Tuesday, April 21, 2020 10:31 AM
I know not to eat the whole freaking cookie, but full stomach, or empty one? Some strain of sativa.

29 comments

• Eve
    4 years ago
    Sativas are more intense for me. I'd go with at least half full.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    With an empty stomach the high can come on a little faster. I prefer hybrids or Indicas. Start slow. My 1st high, upon returning to cannabis 10 years ago became kinda intense. My wife demonstrated to me that slow, gentle foreplay cures any anxiety, at least for me.
  • bruceleeroy
    4 years ago
    You want get fucked up? Eat in on an empty stomach
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    About like I figured. I assumed it was roughly the same as alcohol, but wanted to make sure. :)
  • datinman
    4 years ago
    TL:DR Exercise caution and not on an empty stomach I hadn't got stoned in 25 years since college. I was in Las Vegas on a Saturday alone with no plans. So i figure what the heck. Within walking distance of my hotel was a pink taco and a stripclub. The plan was catch a little buzz, eat some Mexican food, and than enjoy drinks and titties for the remainder of the evening. I went to a dispensary and bought a Cheeba Chew Decca hybrid taffy. It was 175mg which meant nothing to me. This one little taffy was supposed to be 10 doses, but it wasn't scored into doses very effectively. I called ahead to pink taco and was told no wait. So, I chewed what was probably a dose and a half (remember the taffy didn't break apart on any pre-scored lines) on an empty stomach and then did the 5 minute walk to the restaurant in the Vegas heat. When I arrived there was now a 25 minute wait. While standing in line, I began to feel a tingling sensation in my face. By the time I was seated I was really feeling the effects. I ordered lots of food remembering my youth and the "munches". However, the effects kept getting stronger. I ask for more water each time the waitress came by. My margarita was so intense to me I might as well been sucking a whole lemon it tasted so sour. The music seemed to make the whole room throb. My anxiety grew almost to a panic attack as the crowed restaurant became claustrophobic. I enjoyed the cool creaminess of the guacamole, but was repulsed by the look and smell of the entree. There was probably nothing wrong with the food, I was just freaking out. I left without really eating anything other than the bowl of gauc. Walking out in the now cooler night air, I started to relax. I went ahead and went to the stripclub. It started fairly well with me ordering a cold beer and enjoying the stage, but soon the anxiety began to build again. A couple of dancers came by to engage in conversation, but I feel like I must have come across as a gibbering idiot. I got a couple of dances, but here's the kicker, I was totally in my head. I might as well have been dead from the neck down. I could tell that my dick got hard, but I wasn't feeling anything. I left and just sat in the hotel room for the next several hours waiting for this unpleasant experience to pass. So my long winded advise is: Don't take 20mg on an empty stomach and then go out in public.
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    "... I assumed it was roughly the same as alcohol" If you want to get even more fucked up (and not in the fun way), have some drinks on top of the edibles. Every single time I've gone up to Canada and bought some edibles, I'd be alright even if I took one more risky dose than recommended. But once I added alcohol into the mixture, it increased the high tenfold and would always make me sick.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    George. Its not the size of the cookie, its the level of THC in it. Check the packaging to see the dose. Indica is more of a sleepy time, i am stressed and need to relax buzz. Sativa is a head ruch go fucking skiing rush. Hybrids a little of both. We're stoners so we like edibles, mixed with alcohol and smoking bowls of fina ganja at the same time. Personally I love getting fucked up so I like partying on an empty stomach, despite the pitfalls and they are numerous.
  • gSteph
    4 years ago
    An edible that also has some CBD mellows the trip, > for me at least-
  • wildbourbon
    4 years ago
    I take edibles every other day or every 3rd day; I don't do marijuana in any other form. My regular dose is 50-60 mg THC to get me where I like to be. If I'm drinking alcohol with it, I half my mg THC (usually 30 mg) and set a limit of 2 drinks, otherwise it's easy to get out of hand and turn a great trip into the dizzies. I wait to take edibles until I haven't eaten for about 6 hours (eat lunch, then edibles around 6 PM). I start to feel the face tingle in about an hour and when that happens, I eat dinner. If I take edibles shortly before or after eating, I don't get high at all. I also avoid high-sugar foods like soda, juice, and candy because they seem to kill the high pretty fast. If you're not a regular user, I'd start with 20 mg the first time you try on an empty stomach and don't mix it with alcohol until you get the right dosage that works for you. If the cookie is 100 mg total, you can do the math...I almost always buy the mints or lozenges because they come in 5 and 10 mg pieces for easy counting.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I've never done an illegal drug (have also never been a heavy drinker) - I'd freak out if tried it and had JustinTolook's reaction - I generally don't do well putting stuff in my body including pain-killers and strong antibiotics, and I tend to freak-out w/ worry as soon as I start feeling something odd - these days at 50 it feels it takes me longer to recover so I avoid drinking heavy, thus I doubt I'd be experimenting w/ edibles unless they proved to treat/remedy a condition I would have.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    Papi - Except for one bag of weed from my regular guy; my vape; edibles and other weed were all purchased at the marijuana store and 100% legal here. Weed is a way better sex drug than alcohol, although I love them both, together and separately. I would choose weed ....
  • wildbourbon
    4 years ago
    I never tried weed until it became legal. Not once until I was in my 30's. Hell, I didn't even have my first drink until I was like 32. I tried weed to see the difference between it and alcohol and I like everything about weed better than alcohol, especially no hangover. Well, I guess there is a type of hangover but it's like a peaceful, calm feeling I feel the morning after. I'm groggy when I first get out of bed but that leaves as soon as I get moving. The best thing is that it's legal and when I take it, the chronic pain in my knees goes away for the rest of the evening and while I sleep.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    Well, I found that the cookies are only 20 mg apiece. Assuming accurate measuring devices, that is. I'm glad they were free. 🤣 Given that I've never done any weed like thing at all ever, I think I'll still start with a smaller amount and see what happens. But not tonight. Tonight is for some Cooper's Croze that I got for my birthday. The other, I'll be saving for when no one else is around.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    ^ how about if you have a bad-reaction (from never have done it) and there's no one there to help you out
  • Eve
    4 years ago
    I prefer edibles over smoking cannabis. The high I get is totally different and variable each time. Some have given me near death laughing fits (everything was funny to me. even seeing someone blink made me laugh.). Some have had a psychedelic effect where all my senses were intensified x20 and slightly altered. (ie: Listening to music is absolutely amazing and the patterns on wallpaper and the flickering light of a candle will tell me a visual story.) And some have made me sloth-like and very mellow until I pass out. It seems like a roll of the dice what kind of effect I feel with each different edible I try out. My personal favorite are sour gummies.
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    I love weed. This year is my 50 year anniversary of smoking weed. Have not been without my own to smoke since 1989. While we are truly enjoying sweet tarts as our edible of choice - a shout out to the budtender at Green Solutions in Glenwood Springs who asked me what I liked; suggested sour best lemon full spectrum extract, stating it would be my favotire ever and was right. Wish we had bought it all.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    FWIW, I've found that a range of about 60-90 mg at a time works best for me. I based that on my provider's comments on the content. Not sure how they're measuring, but some seem to have more of an effect than others. Could the strain account for some different between like measures? they seldom use the same strain twice in a row.
  • nicespice
    4 years ago
    ^ Dang. I tend to do 5mg to get “buzzed” and 10 to be “drunk”. You have quite the tolerance there. But then again, I don’t have it all the time. I agree that there is a difference between strains. Can’t say what exactly fer sure.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    @nicespice, I think @heaving is at least partially correct. From nicespice's pics, it looks like I'm roughly twice as big as you. Also in the mix is the fact that I'm depending on the *baker's* estimate of what is in each one, which estimate might or might not be precisely accurate. I've had some commercial edibles as well, and they do seem to be somewhat stronger. A 20-40 mg dose of the commercial ones seems to have much the same effect as the cookies I get from the non-pro. The commercial ones do taste a bit more like weed than the cookies I get locally though.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Still your numbers are insane to me george! I tell people who haven't't done it, to start with 5mg and wait a couple of hours before even thinking about more. If they didn't feel it enough, go up to 10mg. I can't imagine even a 200 pound guy doing 90mg!! But I am a lightweight when it comes to THC ,admittedly
  • skibum609
    4 years ago
    We still don't understand the potency of weed fully because the chemical compounds are so numerous the strength is more than just the THC level. The sativa prerolls we have now are 6% cbd and almost 38% thc; they get u mugh higher than oils with an 88% THC count. Vaping doesn't do shit for me compared to flower; then again I can smoke weed in strip clubs if I vape, so I love my dart pod for smoking in public.
  • georgmicrodong
    4 years ago
    I'll be going up to the store in Ohio next week I think. I'll see if I can find some 5-10% ones and check what effect they have.
  • gammanu95
    4 years ago
    I've never actually had edibles, but after watching this clip, I really, really, want to try them. [view link]
  • Studme53
    4 years ago
    Ha ha - I smoke a lot of pot as a teenager then stopped because work drug tested. After 30 years of abstinence and a new job I ate a pot chocolate chip cookie with buddies when we went to Denver. I got so high I could barely order a beer at the bar or navigate to the bathroom. 2 of my buddies went total zombie (they ate 2 - fools) We laughed our balls off though. Good time but I could do it regularly.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    4 years ago
    I prefer hybrids and on a full stomach. Edibles hit me really hard. I only take a fourth of the recommended dose
  • BBBC
    4 years ago
    You can try my edible george! Here is a pic [view link]
  • prevert
    4 years ago
    I almost wish I could imbibe but my job randomly drug tests and a positive is an immediate termination offense because we’re all bonded. Kinda sucks but not worth jeopardizing my job.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    Basic advice for anyone clubbing. Don’t try any new drugs or booze in a strip club before knowing how you will handle it.
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    100% for sure.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion