tuscl

Goin’ for the Long Hair look?

gSteph
The view from the other side of the room
Brushing my hair after showering last night, I couldn’t help but notice that it’s longer than it’s been for a while. I was a couple weeks overdue for a haircut when Corvid19 and retirement both hit and changed everything. Guess I’ll be rocking longer hair for a while; I’m cool with that, it behaves better longer.

And perhaps my wife will return to the longer hair look like when I met her, which would be a silver lining.

How about you all? Going to be staring at an old hippie in the mirror soon? Cut you own? Or finally decide to shave it all off? Oh what a strange new world.

16 comments

• Huntsman
    4 years ago
    By default, I’m probably going for a look from the 1970s/1980s. With less in some places.
  • Cashman1234
    4 years ago
    My dog was starting to look shaggy - and matted. So, I used my old electric clippers to cut his hair. He looks like a mental patient cut his hair!

After that, I doubled down! I washed the clippers off, and cut my own hair.

Luckily we are both on lock down - lol!
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    I get my hair cut fairly short (no clippers), and then let it grow out for a while (usually will go about 4-months w/o cutting my hair) - I'm kinda due for a cut right now but I've had it a bit longer in the past.
  • docsavage
    4 years ago
    The mayor of Chicago got angry when she was asked why she had her hair just done by a hair stylist when no one else in the city is allowed to go to the barber or hair salon. Like in Orwell's "Animal Farm", all animals are equal but some are more equal than others.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @gSteph;

To answer your question;

Goin’ For The Long Hair Look?

Absolutely.

To grown and own long hair as a male today you better have a Harley chopper...; long hair men on motorcycles living the biker life with their manes on the wind, no helmet...

Like the Vikings; warriors whose long hair danced to the rhythm of the wind as they stand on the prow of their long ships...
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Go ahead and laugh if you want but this thing works like a charm. Found it for $94 online and my hair looks better than 80% of the ones I get at Great Clips:

https://www.flowbee.com/

https://www.amazon.com/FLOWBEE-Haircutti…

https://jlryan.com/product/flowbee

There are other vacuum haircutting systems out there too.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    @Longball300

Pics of the hair cuts to verify/compare or it isn’t so.

:)
  • Mate27
    4 years ago
    I’m a Beach Boy now.
  • shadowcat
    4 years ago
    I had been getting my hair cut from the same guy for 25+ years. Even driving 9 miles to him after I moved. He died from a heart attack 8 months ago leaving the shop to his son and one other barber. The son told me then that he was going to try to keep the shop open a long as he could. I imagine that this shut down will end it for him.

Since he passed I have tried a Great Clips just 5 minutes from where I live. Their prices are cheaper and it's more convenient but I just don't get that personalized service that I enjoyed for so long.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    I use a razor a few times a week keeps me looking presentable.
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    Well, other than a beard trim, once in awhile, nothing is trimmed or cut. Biker days, I guess. Interestingly, my hair isn't that long. I shed!
  • Subraman
    4 years ago
    Just tried to order a clipper last night, all the top rated ones are out of stock. Looks like I was a bit slow on this one
  • Clubber
    4 years ago
    sc,

The ONLY time I went to one of those corporate places, the fellow that cut my hair started working at a shop I was going to a couple of miles from home. Last person to cut my hair about 25 years ago. Still did my beard trims until he had a stroke a couple of years ago. Still go to the shop he owned.
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i self buzz my hair with no guard on my clippers. been doing that every month for over twenty years. my biggest challange is my neck.
  • Longball300
    4 years ago
    Subra: I ordered the Flowbee on a whim just before they shut down all the hair salons. I have used it three times; I will never go back to Great Clips again. Good Luck trying to find anything to cut hair online now tho.

CJ; Well don't expect a picture of my head anytime soon on TUSCL. But, I showed someone the webpage and he said that I look similar to the dude that invented it..... sans mustache. Couldn't believe the thing worked so well.
  • BabyDoc
    4 years ago
    @shadowcat. I have been going to the same barber for more than ten years whenever I’m in town. She runs her own one chair shop and is a barber not a hairstylist. A visit to get my haircut is/was an experience. Just like with an old time barber we talk about all kinds of things and we discovered we have many, many common interests. Of course there is a limit to what I can share with her because she is a girl after all.

Her husband is terminally ill and can’t work so she is no doubt really hurting with no income right now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion