Dancer profiles are now available! Free VIP for dancers, apply now. More info

Advertisement
Front Room

Pick up the phone

skibum609
skibum609VIP223342

Massachusetts

6 yrs ago · 1 min read

I know a lot of people that live alone, as I am sure that many of you do. I am sure that you have been texting them, chatting on-line, etc. Yesterday I took a few hours and telephoned the same people I had been using other sources to communicate with. Call people; my ROI was hearing voices filled with happiness at hearing another voice instead of reading words on a screen. I don't mean your Mom. We all do that.

Replies (3)

Profile picture for founder
founder
•

I've been talking a lot more to people in my neighborhood when I go for a walk. And I'm pretty introverted. I guess that's a pretty cool thing that's coming out of the lockdown.

Profile picture for gSteph
gSteph
•

Good idea. I've been doing some calling, will do more.

Profile picture for Dominic77
Dominic77
•

Skibum gets it. I've also been writing actual letters and using long hand - that's cursive to your youngsters! I agree on the phone calls. I haven't found people out on my walks. Though I did have a small discussion in the park when playing with water rockets or compressed air rockets. Discussing the physics with strangers on what makes a rocket a 'rocket'.

Join the conversation

Sign in to reply to this discussion.

Advertisement