tuscl

RI Police Go Door-To-Door In Hunt For New Yorkers Seeking Safety From Covid19

joker44
In the wind
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rhode-isl…

Rhode Island state police backed up by the National Guard launched house-to-house searches Saturday to flush out New Yorkers who have traveled to the state seeking refuge from the coronavirus crisis. They’re being ordered to self-quarantine for two weeks.

Police on Friday also pulled over cars with New York license plates to give drivers the same orders. Cars traveling over the border encountered law enforcement authorities and signs ordering New York drivers to pull over to a checkpoint for questioning.

National Guard members have also been posted at Rhode Island’s airport, train stations and bus stops to grill travelers. The penalty for not complying with the state’s quarantine order is a fine of up to $500 and 90 days in prison.

“That’s a law — that’s an order,” Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo said Friday of the new quarantine requirements, which she conceded Saturday were “fairly extreme.” “It comes with penalties. It’s not a suggestion,” she added.

8 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    Trump should just quarantine NY/NJ/CT - nothing against those folks but that area is by far the epicenter and it wouldn't be good if that starts spilling into other areas
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    I wonder if people are gonna start calling the police if they see an out of state New York license plate in their neighborhood
  • joker44
    5 years ago
    Since it's from Huffpost I wondered how much was taken out of context or re-written for clickbait purposes.

Papi - spoken like a devoted Floriduh guy 😁

desertscrub 23 min posted under Are Gun Stores 'Essential'?
    "I clean my ass in the shower now vs. using TP.. I get a fresh, soapy clean while the strippers finger my ass"

scrub - been using the magic wand to clean ur ass hole and accidentally blow ur brains out? 😁
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Huff post is appealing to morons.
  • dallas702
    5 years ago
    Is it too late to build a wall around NYC and LA?
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ I like that build a wall to keep out the virus you might be on to something @dallas702
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Rhode Island, lol. A hint of danger and progressive losers turn on their neighbors. Just terrible people.
  • rickdugan
    5 years ago
    ===> "I wonder if people are gonna start calling the police if they see an out of state New York license plate in their neighborhood"

Sadly I had my eye out for NY and CT plates when I was driving on I95 to my office this morning. Fortunately I didn't see any, but until recently there plenty of them. I guess Governor De Santis has made this a sufficiently inhospitable place for them to visit for the time being. I hate to sound like this, but part of me is glad.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion