tuscl

I've Actually Felt Good About Purchasing a Mercy Dance . . .

I was thinking about the dancers who really want that dance. It is a pain when they're pushing or even selling hard. The selling is a little sadder because I can tell they're attempting to apply new knowledge either supplied by the club or some sales guru. It is nice that they're trying a technique that should get them more sales, but I don't think it realistic or time effective to beat a don't want customer into a dance.

What works best with me when I really don't want to buy a dance? After you exhaust the gimmicks and wasted a lot of time the pretty pretty please just one dance usually works. I'm a true sucker for that because it brings up memories where a little gift or consideration would have gone so far. Almost always I never received that little gift or consideration so now when I hear those words I want to be the good guy who does right.

Probably over 90% of the time I've been happy that I caved in under that scenario because the dancer was so appreciative of my business after the dance was over.

6 comments

• driver01
    17 years ago
    Was in a club once where there was a very very pregnant girl waddling throughout the floor trying to get a dance- no takers. She was attractive in a 7 1/2 month big belly sort of way. The club was packed and I was there about 2 hours. Business was good but not for her. I kept my eye on her throughout the evening and she went from smiling and working the room hard to what appeared to be despair and exhaustion toward the end of my visit.

I suppose there are guys out there with a prego fetish and I make no judgement about that or about a dancer catering to it. But damn, stripping is a tough way for a very pregnant girl to make a living. I didn't want a dance from her, but I was flush and handed her a c-note on my way out the door. Never saw her again....maybe I'm a sucker on occasions like this but sometimes it helps me sleep better at night, you know?
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    In the Memphis Platinum Plus, Maybe 6 years ago, there was a young dancer, not bad looking but extremely flat chested. She was going around the club. almost in tears, pleading with the customers to give her a shot. She was offering cut rate dances to every guy and promissed to make their dances unforgetable. I was touched by her grief but couldn't bring myself to be charitable. Maybe my loss. Maybe not...
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    I don't have maiesiophilia, but I saw a dancer who had pretty much given up because apparently maiesiophilia wasn't on the menu for customers that night. Of course, after me, she might disagree. She was exactly what I like except that she was very pregnant. She really got into the dances and was very appreciative. I liked it so much that I went back the next night looking for the pregnant dancer. Everyone drew a blank and were even surprised an overtly pregnant dancer would be dancing. I remember her boyfriend telling her that if she didn't get some dances she'd be spending the night on the street until she was bringing home some. He was huge guy and didn't look like the type you'd want to mess with.

I was thinking how in the world can strip club employees forget or not notice a very pregnant dancer?

• chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    Driver, you handled the situation exactly right. This topic has been discussed on this board several times over the last couple years, and the consensus objection to Mercy Dances seems to be that they distort the market...ideally, dancers who sell a lot of dances get the signal from the market that they should continue to dance (provide a greater supply of a product for which there is demonstrated demand), and dancers who don't sell many dances will get the market signal that they should quit dancing (pull a product from the market for which there isn't much demand..or, to be more gracious, to use their doubtless plentiful talents in an occupation that will appreciate them more fully). A dancer who gets "mercy dances" is getting the wrong signal. In your case, by just giving the girl the money, apart from any dance, you did not communicate to her any message that her dances are desirable. It was a gift (as we would say in a personal context) or charity (as we would say in a social context), pure and simple. Hopefully the dancer understood it that way.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    cyesolagnia -- sexual attraction to pregnant women

maiesiophilia -- sexual fetish for women who are or appear pregnant

Although I believe in the free market with all its warts, I roll my eyes just a little bit when thinking about a possible distortion of the market caused by private purchasers who pay for that which they would
    rather not have.

One objection I have is that the market is already heavily distorted by force and fraud of government. An example would be the limited number licenses to sell alcohol which effectively allows only the monied to startup a strip club. Another example is zoning that prohibits proximity of strip clubs having the effect of reducing choice and culture among strip clubs. Another example is police officers who can shake down clubs due the power of the badge. When I see these major market distortions I see any possible market distortion cause by nice or weak strip club patrons as being trivial.

Another objection I have is that it can take time to establish demand. Strippers with blue hair may be shunned one day, but over time they might even become preferred. Supposedly fat chick were in demand by the majority not that many decades ago, but the example of venus de milo leaves me thinking this is an intellectual fraud. The pics of venus show a beautiful woman and I have a fairly strong dislike for fat. Perhaps a better example would be style of breasts? In any event it can take time for the market to recognize the value of a product. At one time the grease from restaurants had to be removed at a cost and now the restaurants make a profit on that same grease! You might argue apples and oranges, but like technology what is desirable is subject to change.

• ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Mercy Dancers - I too will buy a mercy dance from a pleading dancer. In most cases, they aren't that attractive or have small breasts, but I've also found those dancers can make up in many pleasurable ways.

Just got through with a champaigne room experience with a MERCY DANCER at The Green Light in Louisville, KY. Read the review.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion