I hope theyre alright

37 comments

• Mate27
    5 years ago
    Niggas vs Niggas that are rich...

Hope they can get along.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Mike Pence says 21 on the Grand Princess have tested positive. Says they will be testing everyone, and quarantining "as necessary". The 1100 crew members they expect to quarantine on the ship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcP8ACk…

NBC Nightly News Broadcast (Full) - March 6th, 2020 | NBC Nightly News (17 hours ago)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTGyO5n5…

fewer than 2000 people in the US tested so far.

U Washington has 50,000 students!

SJG

Cornell West and Bernie Sanders, Detroit
    https://youtu.be/Ku-3LKnyzbg?t=1169

McCoy Tyner, passing at age 81
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCoy_Tyne…

A Love Supreme, John Coltrane w/ McCoy Tyner, 1965
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll3CMgiU…

Jeff Healey Band / Baby's Lookin Hot
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58jx2ZUj…

Pearl Jam with Neil Young - Rockin in the free world Toronto 2011 COMPLETE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvtdbfI1…
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    32 cases now in Santa Clara County!!
    https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/07/s…

SJG
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    shit. it is another flu. never has flu been ok.
    people have been dying from flu for decades.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    dang. maybe i’ll die from flu. so to prevent that i’m not drinking corona beer. 😆
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    California man had coronavirus before he boarded Grand Princess, cruise ship official says
    https://www.latimes.com/california/story…

They still seem to be slow in getting this Grand Princess into port, suggesting that they have not yet decided what to do.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    What bothers me is not finding water or toilet paper jn stores. People are hoarding it lile it was the zombie apocalypse
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    panic!
    you gonna die!
    buy tp and bottled water!!!
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    The worst week of flu in Italy killed 30 people in a week out of millions of cases.

https://www.thelocal.it/20180119/italy-w…

COVID 19 killed 133 people in Italy just today with only tens of thousands of cases.

These flu comparisons are beyond retarded. And why does it seem like older people who are more at risk are the ones not taking this seriously?
  • 48-Cowboy
    5 years ago
    The worst week of flu in Italy killed 30 people in a week out of millions of cases.

www.thelocal.it

COVID 19 killed 133 people in Italy just today with only tens of thousands of cases.

These flu comparisons are beyond retarded. And why does it seem like older people who are more at risk are the ones not taking this seriously?
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    It is a flu strain.... And it should be taken very seriously. But not to the extent of panic and hysteria.

And the reality is next to no one can afford to quarantine themselves in the US without burning through their savings. Bills won't go away. People will work while sick because they have no choice. Its being realistic
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    And we're not in Italy
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    "And we're not in Italy"

What kind of a dumb counter point is that? As if it makes any difference?
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    It makes a clear difference. Our health care system is completely different our personal space is different our population density differs.

Thats like saying we should fear Ebola because of stats in Liberia.
  • JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    Only a trick would ask this question.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @IceyLoco

Our repeated discussions similar to this and you making claims like these tells me you really don’t know that much about other countries.

Italy has one of the best healthcare systems in the world, their life expectancy is the third highest in the world due to a combination of healthy diet and an advanced medical care system. The reason only 30 people died from flu during a week in one of the worst flu seasons is because of the Italian healthcare system. The US has way way more deaths from flu than Italy does. The fact that Italy is seeing so many deaths from COVID 19 is testament to how dangerous of a disease it really is.

Liberia? What a joke.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    More trolling from the main troll on this site blocking him cleans up this site nicely
  • JimGassagain
    5 years ago
    ^^^ bacon!!
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Grand Princess going under San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge, 4 towers, not much clearance.

Must be somewhere at or near Alameda. But then quarantine for 2 weeks at a military base.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.7630821,…

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Cc99 I know enough about other countries. Italy has a national health care system. Something we lack. It also has a social safety net whereby large scale quarantines etc are possible. We lack that social infrastructure. Second off. People with compromised immune syatems are most yhreatened by the virus irrelevant of their locale. Irrespective of comparing irrelevant statistics.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Kind of funny to assume that its only older people with compromised immune systems when you look at theobesity among the young and the fact that their colo-rectal cancer rates are expanding exponentially.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    We spend more on healthcare than other countries do, but because we don't have universal access and universal preventative care, the results are far worse.

This coronavirus really shows that up.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    We have a health care industry not a health care system thats the problem
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Agreed!

SJG
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    @IceyLoco

Then why did you act as if Italy's healthcare system is comparable to Liberia's? If anything, the coronavirus is going to hit the US a lot harder than Italy because of how many people here are obese, have diabetes, or other conditions compared to Italy.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ and that is contributed to because we do not yet have Medicare for all.

SJG
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I compared us comparing ourselves to foreign countries regarding the coronavirus to us panicking about ebola in Liberia. Each nation has its specifics. Were not Italy you can't compare it or assume what will happen
  • 48-Cowboy
    5 years ago
    @IceyLoco

Then why did you act as if Italy's healthcare system is comparable to Liberia's? If anything, the coronavirus is going to hit the US a lot harder than Italy because of how many people here are obese, have diabetes, or other conditions compared to Italy.
  • 48-Cowboy
    5 years ago
    I'm not being an alarmist for telling the truth. I hate people who can't acknowledge obvious truths. My conclusion from this thread is either A. You guys are even more afraid than I am but lack the courage to admit that this is a serious virus so you want me to shut up. B. You genuinely have a severe cognitive deficiency that cripples your ability to make accurate threat assessments. Or C. You didn't read anything I posted or watched any of those videos and just scrolled to the bottom of the page to be like "Haha! HySteRical PaNicKing PuSSy!" 🙄

Another post from Reddit...

"Been living in China for 7 years. People in the rest of the world do not understand face. China will always, always focus on maintaining a good image even when the underlying reality is shit. For China to admit to the world that they lost control of the situation and for them to humble themselves as they did means the reality of this virus is worse than we can imagine. Because if it wasn't bad, the government would have covered it up and dealt with the problem quietly. They risked international and domestic humiliation because they feared the virus more than they feared losing face. This might seem obvious and logical to us, but to the Chinese it isn't always so. For them to do what they do, means the virus must have scared the ever living shit out of them, we should respect that and take similar pre-cautions. I wish the world tried to understand the basics of Chinese culture, for if they did they would realize this is not a drill..."

www.reddit.com

Why do I need to get through to these people's thick heads? Because of shit like this...

www.stuff.co.nz

time.com

Its true that we won't precisely know the mortality rate until five years from now. Because there is likely long term damage that can be caused by a hospitalization. COVID 19 can cause lung fibrosis that a person may survive the initial infection but die from 5 years later. There are reports of people getting reinfected and dying in Wuhan after being considered "a recovery."

But the most compelling evidence of all is just fucking common sense which people in this thread don't seem to have. Why in the hell would China lock down their entire country for something similar to the flu? I mean for God's sake people use your fucking brains. Its like you guys think this needs to be the next smallpox or bubonic plague and anything less serious than that and you'll call it "just the flu bro."
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I think I will get up and go to work tommorrow. By the way the line about why would China lock downtheir country for something blah, blah, blah is a classic. Did you gradiuate from Wuhan high? Ever read a boot? Maybe there's something on Reddit, where everything is true. How about we ban all foreigners from entering and quarantine every single American who tries to re-enter from overseas?
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    That's exactly what we're doing. Most of the cases aren't coming from China because Donald Trump smartly banned travel from China against all the advice from people calling him an alarmist. Well now, we're gonna have to ban travel from Europe too because almost all the cases in the US link back to Europe.

Two weeks ago, I packed a significantly larger amount of stuff for spring break than I usually do because I suspected the US might go on lockdown at any moment and thought I probably wasn't gonna be back in my apartment for awhile. I brought back my books as well. It turns out, I was pretty much right, all the universities in my area have switched to online classes starting today.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I said panicking over coronavirus in Italy is like panicking over Ebola in Liberia. Neither has anything to do with what will happen here.

The panic is causing more problems than the virus here.

A lockdown would violate our civil rights. Secondly, would bills be suspended and waived for said period or would everyone end up homeless and unemployed?
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    Well, at least that makes a lot more sense. But the thing is, there was like two ebola cases in the United States back in 2014. Right now, there are probably 10,000 cases in the US that we haven't found yet. As of this moment, 38 people in the US have died from it and that number is going to go up a lot higher in the next upcoming week. No Americans died from ebola in 2014.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    There were 3 Ebola deaths in the US and its still a health emergency. 250,000 die from sepsis every year. Over a million get it.

The fear mongering isn't helping anyone.
  • CC99
    5 years ago
    We are both wrong, there was 1 death.

It does help when you’ve got a nation full of people determined to bury their head in the sand and pretend it’s just another flu virus. What are these people going to do once we are in full lockdown mode? They are so determined to live in their daily bubble that they are going to threaten the rest of us by breaking quarantines or not reporting symptoms.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    We don't know how far this is going to go, or how many cases and how many deaths there will be.

I see it as still all unknown.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion