tuscl

Local history no one knws about.....

skibum609
Massachusetts
No matter where you live there is always some local history that is bizarre that only locals know about. For example: Near where I live is a city, Chelsea, that has been a shithole since the first foundation was dug. My wife's family is from there. In 1919, 150 people were injured and 21 people drowned...........in molasses. Two million 300 hundred thousand gallons of molasses. True story. Did you know this?

13 comments

• ime
    5 years ago
    They did a recap of it on the show Drunk History on Comedy Central
  • ime
    5 years ago
    I had heard about it though being from MA.
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    No I didn’t know that but it sure explains RickiBoi LOL 😂
  • ime
    5 years ago
    Flf
    "Where I grew up they do a mashed potato wrestling contest. Nobody drowned"

Yet.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    I used to watch underwear lube wrestling at a lesbian club
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Skibum are you implying stating or insinuating that youre no one 🤣
  • twentyfive
    5 years ago
    ^ You use lesbian lube because you need it faggit
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    I am clearly stating Icey that a semen stain on a dirty mattresses is superior to you.
  • Icey
    5 years ago
    Twisted politics aside. Youre good. With your interesting stories and the fact that youre probably the smartest one on the forum. I can't hate much. You my nigga skibum
  • Studme53
    5 years ago
    I thought that happened somewhere in Boston and legend is on hot summer days you can still smell molasses.
  • Studme53
    5 years ago
    There’s another story of the same thing happening with beer somewhere. People drowned and/or drank themselves to death.
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Never use that word with me Icey. Unacceptable.
  • rockie
    5 years ago
    So yes I was aware of Ski’s historical fact moment (regarding some of the molasses event), but I actually thought the historical footnote for Chelsea that Ski was going to reference is another highlighted event in Chelsea’s interesting history - The King Motel and Lounge “scuffle” in July 1982. Google gives enough details on another black eye in local history.

As a native New Englander, it was interesting to me that King Arthur’s remained in operation as a strip club for another 32 years after the 1982 footnote in Chelsea MA history until July 2014. It took another 3.5 years to put King Arthur’s to bed for good!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion