tuscl

Should you drive or fly to Tijuana?

Tiburon
Every woman's local ATM while in da club? How else they paying for their Boob jobs?
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 12:13 PM
Title says it all. Always wanted to hit up this legendary place that's so popular, it's got it's own section. PROBABLY should post this in the front room, but whatever. Pros, cons. requirements? Get at me bro.

19 comments

• san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Most people don't take their cars into Mexico. So you could fly. And you can get to the border on the SD trolley blue line. On the other hand, it is most convenient if you can cross over and back at will. Depends more on your circumstances I would think. And other stuff to explore in SoCal. Good luck. SJG
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    Nope. Have no desire.
  • Warrior15
    4 years ago
    Fly to San Diego. Then take the Trolley to the border. It's really cheap and only takes a few minutes. I would not want to drive a car on the Mexico side. And the border crossing for pedestrians is very easy. The line for cars is terrible.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    No firsthand experience but I think others had mentioned it was actually more expensive flying into TJ. The fact that everyone seems to fly into SD should say something (and sometimes fly into LA and drive down)
  • Greanbeans
    4 years ago
    Not sure if there are direct flights to TJ. I think most get routed thru DF, then TJ. So that will add time and $ towards the flight. Driving into TJ posses other challenges, parking being one of them. Jascoi has a bad story about parking at HK. Its on one of the reviews or posts. So the easier method would be fly to SD, bus to trolley($5 & about 75min transit), get the HK shuttle and enjoy
  • bkkruined
    4 years ago
    ^^^^What Greenbeans said ^^^^^ It's been maybe 20 years ago... But referencing an HK shuttle sounds like it's only gotten safer and easier. I remember driving from L.A. to San Ysidro (already in L.A. for work) parking and walking into Mexico through a turnstile, no line, no security, no nothing but a couple police with rifles over in the corner half asleep. Taxi to zone roja (?) was $5. Taxi back was $5. crossing border back to the US at 3:00 am had no line, looked at my white ass, glanced at my drivers license and welcomed me back to the US. I know you need a passport, or passport card to reenter the US, but I'm not sure much else changed? Flying into and out of Mexico directly, I'm sure you're using the same airport immigration as every other International flight, and that's gonna be time consuming. And, I doubt you'll find an airport with more convenient ground transportation to where your going. Driving in Mexico, for starters, your insurance is probably no good. Rumors and jokes of petty police corruption have existed for decades, and are likely true. It won't feel too petty when you're ticketed for $100 on the spot "fine", because they can. And you really don't want to get lost. All these guys that have been there are quick to tell you how "safe" it is. Yes, but it's really just this little protected corridor carved out to keep them safe. Venturing outside that, driving around TJ lost is a bad idea.
  • Papi_Chulo
    4 years ago
    Yeah - w.r.t. driving one's car into Mexico (whether TJ or not), I've heard it's not recommended - decent chance nothing will happen, but you don't want something to happen down there as a gringo driving around. - I'd avoid driving in MX period whether it's my car or a rental - but again, no firsthand experience; just what I've heard.
  • Phandy
    4 years ago
    Unless you’re in Mexico already then walk across. I recently flew from CDMX to TJ for $75 one way but it’s a mess. Delays, horrible service, etc.
  • Liwet
    4 years ago
    Where would you be driving from? Honestly, unless you're in one of the lower southwestern states, I'd fly in. A 14 hour round-trip drive from Vegas is rough enough but it does save me money on flying even though flying might gain me an extra 10 hours in TJ. I'd definitely not drive around in TJ unless you plan to go deeper into Mexico. You can get around just fine by walking or taking the taxis.
  • twentyfive
    4 years ago
    If you want an authentic experience you should use a donkey and cart
  • Cristobal
    4 years ago
    Living in SoCal I drove to San Diego and walked across the boarder and when needed used the taxis to get around town. Some of the BGs who flew into TJ told they experience a lot of delays and other issues and complain about the taxi expense from the airport to the Zona Norte. One time I took my CFBG to the airport, the ride there was $10, for the back on a different taxi the guy charged me $80, I told him he was crazy, I gave him $20 and took off.
  • CJKent (Banned)
    4 years ago
    Take a plane, train, bus or drive to San Diego, whatever is more comfortable and convenient for you. Then use the trolley in San Diego to get to the border if you have to. Finally walk across the border to get to “The Happiest Place on Earth”.
  • max_starr
    4 years ago
    Fly to SD Take the Trolly Catch a taxi, uber, whatever if you want to drive, make sure you get mexican insurance with full coverage park in a safe location in tj if you do....stay at a nicer hotel
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    for the next couple of saturdays and sundays the trolley tracks are under repair from the IRIS avenue stop south. bus from IRIS avenue to san ysidro.
  • PutaTester
    4 years ago
    The price of Uber/Lyft has gotten a little unstable recently, but it is 18 miles from the AP to SY and runs about $30 each way. One down side of driving is that parking in the area is rather expensive; if you are parked in the 24-hour lot on a weekend and stay 25 hours, you pay for two days. Ouch. I have driven in Mexico; however, it was a rented a car (Budget) in TJ. Very nice staff. Very helpful. One problem is that if there are any issues, traffic can backup quickly. I dropped the car off at their office near the border and they gave me a ride back to the zone. It was amusing that the young man driving took me through the alley, gawking at the girls. That said, I would avoid driving in Mexico. Most of the people I know take taxis or Uber. I have taken taxis to Rosarito for $20. Considering the hassle of driving myself (and my ATFs), navigating the tolls and the traffic, it was money well spent. In one case I rented a car and hired a trusted mesero to drive an ATF and I. He was thrilled to have a free road trip and provided a guided tour.
  • Nidan111
    4 years ago
    My answer is NO.
  • BumHip
    4 years ago
    I agree that driving in is an unnecessary risk unless you know exactly what you are doing. That said, I always park near the border, and walk over. Problem is I end up paying $24 a day to park. Anyone know if the trolly stations are cool with leaving your car there for a day or two?
  • san_jose_guy
    4 years ago
    Sex tourism always has its limits. For me, going to TJ and other places in the US, will be part of expanding business interests, the beginnings of regular vists, and also for recruiting. SJG
  • Jascoi
    4 years ago
    i’ve had no trouble parking at a trolley stop like Palm Avenue for four days. (knock on wood.)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion