tuscl

New Orleans newbie

Monday, January 6, 2020 9:04 PM
Going to orleans in march for the first time. Where should i eat and what clubs or bars should we hit? Need a female friendly strip club , preferably with lots of mileage

18 comments

• PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    New Orleans was hard core and repeatedly raided two years ago so high mileage isn’t much of a thing.

Anywhere is female friendly if the female is being respectful and patronizing the dancers.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    When I get there, stop number one will be Passions. Find one I like and be seeing her OTC regularly too.

SJG

Debussy: Claire de lune Orchestral
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BubaEmJg…

( I don't think they are using this, but look at all the organ pipes and the loud speakers )
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
    NoLA has typically been a tourist-trap for the most-part (one would pay up the ass while receiving little ass) - as pinksugardoll mentioned, it's gotten worse recently due to raids where you'll get even less while still paying a good-amount (as w/ most tourist-traps, getting ripped-off for big $$$ seems quite-common).

IDK how things are at the moment - but club Visions in the past had a decent rep "for New Orleans" but IDK if even that club is worth it now - read some reviews of it and see if you can get your finger on the current-pulse of the club - I'd say if you go to a NoLa SC, keep it safe and just tip on stage and look at the girls and have a few drinks, b/c being an inexperienced SCer in NoLa, or just being inexperienced w/ NoLa SCs in particular, can be an expensive education.
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    No strip club recommendations, but restaurants yes based on my visit a few years ago.
    -Shaya: Mediterranean / Israeli food. Best meal I had in Nola. Make a res. If you're familiar with Zahav restaurant in Philadelphia it's like that.
    -Herbsaint: In 2017, chef Rebecca Wilcomb won James Beard award for best chef in southern USA. It was excellent. In 2019 she became chef at Italian place named Gianna so consider that place too. If she's still chef at Herbsaint then check it out; if she's no longer Herbsaint chef I don't know what to say.
    -La Petite Grocery: Not as good as Herbsaint, but still good.
    -Upperline: This is a Nola classic. 3 course meal of Nola dishes for $40 to $48 depending on what you select. Old lady owner greets and seats you, she's awesome. Commander's Palace is also a Nola classic restaurant and fancier than Upperline but I think Upperline's better.
    -For other restaurant recommendations, go to Eater New Orleans website: https://nola.eater.com/

For bars, not a lot of recommendations, but check these out:
    -Sazerac Bar at Roosevelt hotel, classic place
    -Coop's Place in Frech Quarter area, dive bar with good fried chicken and verbal abuse from bartender - it's part of the experience

• DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    And:
    -Rent a bike and ride around, you can see a lot of Nola on a bike
    -Walk around in the Garden District, lots of cool old houses
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    Try Verti Marte.... it is literally a walk up counter in the back of a convenience store. Open 24 hours a day, no place to sit, grab a drink out of the cooler. It is really the most hole in the wall place I have ever eaten.... and it is one of the best meals I had last week in New Orleans. I had a friend explain to me that the top sous chefs get sent there to learn. Huge menu. I ate lunch there with friends we got a Muffaleta, shrimp po boy, gumbo, jambalaya, and some onion rings. we walked two blocks with our food to the open air french market and sat at a table there and ate.

I ate at several places mentioned here.... Commanders Palace, Upperline, Emmerils, Acme..... Verti was as good or better and way less pretentious and less expensive
  • Daddillac
    5 years ago
    As far as female entertainment... I took a 32 year old brunette with big tits, nice ass, and she can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch..... I did not go to any strip clubs
  • DeclineToState
    5 years ago
    Wish I'd known about that Verti Marte place when I was there!
  • sinclair
    5 years ago
    The best looking dancers are usually at Penthouse on Iberville. It is a half block off Bourbon, but the value sucks there.

The best value club is Visions at 4000 Downman Road. This club is about six miles outside the French Quarter in not the best area of the city. It is where NOLA locals like Book Guy go. Dancers are more in the 6-7 range, but don't have a "lets ripoff the tourists" mentality like many of the dancers at the French Quarter clubs.

For restaurants, try Commanders Palace, Arnauds, Emeril's if you want upscale. Dean's and Acme Oyster House are good seafood options. Good mid-tier places are Mulate's: The Original Cajun Restaurant and Cochon Butcher.

Be sure to get a Hand Grenade from Tropical Isle. Be sure to get a Hurricane from Pat O'Brien's. There are plenty of bars and clubs with live music and dancing along Bourbon if that is your thing.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    I just worked at Penthouse in November. We don’t make the prices, they are posted everywhere including in every table, please don’t blame us for “ripping off the tourists.”
  • Longball300
    5 years ago
    Most all of this advice is spot on. High mileage just doesn't happen in the quarter anymore although my SO and I have had a good time interacting and watching the show at Penthouse Club. Almost can't go wrong with restaurants in NOLA although one of our favorite local joints is this one:

https://www.mothersrestaurant.net/

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9489883,…

• Electronman
    5 years ago
    In my one and only visit to the Penthouse in NOLA, I was asked to sign a document stating that sexual contact was NOT allowed in any private dance. This was shortly after a number of French Quarter Clubs were busted for prostitution. I don't know if Penthouse (or any other clubs) is still doing this as I never returned to the club, in spite of a line up of reasonably attractive dancers.

I would second Longball's recommendation of Mothers-- nothing fancy, just great food.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Passions must still be flat out UHM, I would think?

SJG
  • SmashingHoes
    5 years ago
    Passions is off the beaten path and not for the faint of the heart. I believe that its closed now.

Anything on Bourbon Street is just a waste of time.
  • Neobwh
    5 years ago
    I recommend penthouse if you are near bourbon. The rooms are not so expensive compared to LD prices but serious mileage variability. The signing contract of no sex dates way back and there’s pretty much no way anyway. Though I’ve had pretty serious clit rubbing inside the string but no contact the other way in the 1 hr rooms. The girls are head and shoulders above the other places.

Restaurants- agree with above recs. The Sazerac bar is a classic but they charge a fucking $20 for the drink. Try the carousel at monteleone though it’s always packed.
  • Kcninja
    5 years ago
    Thanks so much for the advice. I have reservations at Emerils, Bam. But will try some of the other places. It sounds like my girl and i will just enjoy the bar scene.
  • bman66
    5 years ago
    Ruby Slipper is a good place for breakfast and Bloody Mary's, good food.
  • PinkSugarDoll
    5 years ago
    If you want bfast, there’s a literal hole in the wall spot around the corner from PH called Jimmy’s. I always go there. I do not like breakfast. They have the best eggs Benedict in the solar system.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion