tuscl

Women and Marriage

san_jose_guy
money was invented for handing to women, but buying dances is a chump's game
Monday, December 9, 2019 4:43 PM
Most of the time it is men whom you find denouncing marriage. Like me, or like Bill Maher. But my dentist told me years ago that married men live longer and take better care of themselves. How about women, do they really like married life? I know they get all silly when one of their friends is getting married, and they say that they want it. Sometimes they seem to demand it, but then what? Julia Ward Howe invented Mother's Day. But then commercial and religious interests made it into the opposite of what she had intended. The Boston home she shared with her husband had been a stop on the Underground Railroad. And she and her husband were of just a handful of people the Senate investigated for supporting John Brown's Raid. And then it was Julia Ward Howe who wrote the words to change the popular song "John Brown's Body" into "Battle Hymn of the Republic". But Julia Ward Howe was also famous for how much she hated married life. Nothing explains the ordeal the women of my mother's generation faced better than this: [view link] And here, ABC mini-series, excellent: [view link] The protagonist was married to a medical doctor. And she keeps repeating that she is thus doing what everyone says she should do. But it is horrid. The only women I have met who seemed to enjoy housewifery were in religious groups. And it always seemed that the real purpose of the religion was just to sustain them in horrid marriages. Most women today see domesticity as a trap. Do women like married life? SJG alanis morissette jagged little pill [view link] ^^^^ I like! This Sandman and the MG-TOW movement are full of shit. Its all just straight up misogyny.: [view link]

24 comments

• san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    What do women like about marriage? It seems to me that they only thing they like about it is that it is hard to escape from. Otherwise they don't really seem to like it. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Nicespice had before said that in most marriages the sex becomes less and less, and that it is often the wife who drives this. Would she like to tell us how she knows this, tell her sources for this? And then does she have any idea as to why this would be so? SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    My wife acted like she wanted marriage more than anything in the world. She even seemed to feel entitled to it. And she talked about it that way pertaining to her friends. But she also knew that these 6 girls she was close to from high school had all gotten married and it had always been a disaster. And I met one of her friends for whom it was also this way. And we do have a divorce rate around 50%. And I believe that the marital dissatisfaction rate is higher than that. I read accounts here and there about unworkable marriages. I see non-partnership as the main issue. THE MARRIAGE owns both of them. Yes, this is an example of Middle-Class Bad Faith. SJG Back door plus size [view link]
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Many women, in my observation, they act like they must have marriage. But when faced with it they are unwilling to even allow it to work. In their saying they must have it, they are themselves living in Bad Faith. SJG
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Personally, I love marriage. Or more precisely, I love my current marriage. My former marriage was fantastic for the first 8 years, then she literally turned into a sinless, narcissistic psycho bitch. I continued to try to make it work for another 9 years, but she hated me watching the Playboy channel and working to make money for her materialistic bullshit needs. In addition, she hated me for not having all the same shit as our neighbors. She finally kicked my ass out onto the street where I lived in my car for months. Finally, I found me a hot little cutie who is 20 years younger, makes her own 6 figure income and fucking seems to love me. 15 years going strong. Almost longer than my first 17 year hell hole of a first marriage.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Marriage, as you describe it, does not sound very good, not if you value your quality of life and want some stability and have some goals you want to reach. SJG
  • herbtcat
    5 years ago
    Please clarify... You used the term married and "housewifery" apparently interchangeably. But I don't believe they are synonymous terms. "Married" generally can be thought of as a legal and possibly religious agreement to a committed relationship. "Housewife" generally refers to a set of duties/activities and responsibilities focused on maintaining a home; cleaning, cooking, rearing kids, etc. Those are not the same. So it plausible a woman can be happy to be married, but unhappy as a "housewife" and, alternatively, she can be happy to perform a "housewife" role but unhappy that she is married. Full transparency disclaimer: I am not and have never been married (or been a house wife :p) so my questions and assumptions might just be total bullshit.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    herbtcat, what you say is true. But generally women still advocate marriage and seek it. But once they have it, often they seem completely dissatisfied and inclined to act destructively. Housewifery only makes it worse. SJG
  • Mate27
    5 years ago
    ^^ STFU!
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    SJG once again proves thata despite being a self-professed kumbaya douche bag i.e. progressive, he is actually an ignorant bigot, with nu understanding of women. Women who married parthetic douche bags like you hate marriage stupid. Its people like you that make women hate being married.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Lots and lots of divorces, otherwise senile-suicidal skibum would be out of business. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I think marriage has been hard on both women and men for a long time, and totally opposed to having a good sex life. Today, marriage is not for women the only thing in the world. So it is lighter. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    My observation is that many women are very unhappy in marriage, whether they admit it or not. SJG Electric Blues [view link]
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    An observation of 6 people is meaningless. Unsurprising you'd fail at marriage too.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^^ This is not necessarily true, and marriage today is much different than it was 100 years ago. SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    I know, and such songs stimulate the Lizard Brain. That guarantees that we will never evolve. SJG
  • lopaw
    5 years ago
    Most women I know don't really want to get married, or if they are already married are planning on staying married until their kids are old enough to be on their own and then they say they want to divorce and be on their own.
  • Jascoi
    5 years ago
    that would have been better for me. it would have given us both freedom ten years earlier.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    Lopaw, what you say sounds interesting and promising. But if one listens to ordinary young women talk, that is the opposite of how they talk. It's just like on that TV Program, "Sex and the City", getting married is just about all that they talk about. SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Yes I find young women brilliant. They don't get married because they are totally against committment. Ok. Why then do you have children with no account strays and make a committment that cannot be dissolved by law like a marriage. So you get the kids and child support instead of the kids, child support, property divison and alimony. Gee how fucking brilliant.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^ Cause they are looking on the positive side, and maybe perhaps being unrealistic too. And also because they are not senile creeps like Skibum609 who live behind bars in the locked ward of the nursing home. SJG
  • skibum609
    5 years ago
    Noting positive about being a moron. The fact you think being unrealisitc is a good thing just cements your reputation as a dope and a liar. Kind of funny that an impotent twat like you would be so afraid of getting old. Funny too.
  • san_jose_guy
    5 years ago
    ^^^^^ giant cockroach, begging to be stepped on. SJG
  • SJGTHREATENSWOMEN
    3 years ago
    ESS JAY GEE
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion