tuscl

Local sc hangout looks threatened by development

Monday, October 28, 2019 8:28 PM
The closest club to me is a medium sized bikini bar with a primo location in bound brook, nj. It is the only club i know of that is located on literal main st in a small town immediately next to a busy train station. There has been a ton of development on main st there in recent years, all centered on the train station and the projects keep coming and keep getting bigger. Has anyone experienced something similar? Howd the club make out with rampant redevelopment nearby? Did the yuppies/hipsters/gentrifiers kill it? The place has been packed in recent trips, not like theyre struggling but macro forces are at play.

12 comments

• WinningdaChumpsGame
    5 years ago
    If they were smart they would build a hotel around the club That would make it a more attractive acquisition for the organization....in the future of course WCG
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    Theres apartments above and next to the club and its basically in the train station parking lot lol its a strange set up. im thinking if the land gets pricey enough theyll sell and knock the whole block down but itsafully inhabited apartmentbuildingon top ofthe club, decentbuilding too.
  • WinningdaChumpsGame
    5 years ago
    As perceptions change in this country, the organization will be able to grow Then we will begin to look at properties such as this for our Sacred Clubs of the FRMOS We will need the apartments for members that find the one they want to wake up next to WCG
  • DandyDan
    5 years ago
    I remember when I lived in Omaha, developers across the river in Council Bluffs, Iowa bought up all the land around the bikini bar that was on West Broadway and eventually, the bar owner sold out. Of course, they have yet to develop much of anything after they demolished the old club. Not sure if I remember anything else similar.
  • K
    5 years ago
    NJ has a long history of this. I am sure it happens everywhere Long branch and asbury park had several clubs. All closed to make way for development. I miss stars and bars.
  • Nidan111
    5 years ago
    Damn. I lived in Bound Brook back in1989 before my SC days. Did I miss anything good?
  • Papi_Chulo
    5 years ago
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    You need a few wise guys to make it known the club is off limits. Its NJ - and zoning and permits are always easy to stop - or put on hold - for several years - until the right guy is paid off. Look at that money pit in the Meadowlands - the American Dream Mall. Its still looking like shit - parking and traffic will be awful - and there is no demand for a giant mall in a swampy dump.
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    @ nidan - not really brotha. Its a decent club with really hot dancers but is squeaky clean. its just really convenient for me and is a laid back atmosphere where you can get some nice brazilian booty in your face for a buck. @ papi - very timely article, thanks. And eerily similar with the hotel/apartments attached to the club. Fucked up tactics by the cops but typical if a town wants a club gone. @ cashman - hopefully youre right. Bound brook might be small enough and corrupt enough to buy influence if the owners dont want to sell. As for american dream, well see. Only took em twenty fucking years to build it so it better turn a profit but your points well taken. They invented the demand so connected developers could play around with public money.
  • K
    5 years ago
    "Its a decent club with really hot dancers but is squeaky clean." By squeaky clean you mean the dances and not the club itself or have they renovated the place? I haven't been to Torps in a while. I think I will fix that soon.
  • Cashman1234
    5 years ago
    I apologize Assmanjoe - that American Dream mall is a sore topic for me as It is a symbol of waste - and I’m sure there were lots of tax breaks and payoffs made to get that built. I doubt it will benefit the citizens. It was built - and sat vacant for close to 10 years. It looked horrible from the outside - and it still doesn’t look great.
  • Assmanjoe
    5 years ago
    @ k - i meant squeaky clean as far as extras. The physical club is divey but comfortable, no renovations. Ive had some pretty good lds (usually pretty clean too) there but theres a bouncer in the room and no girls have ever offered anything to me other than a straight up lapdance, which is fine as long as youre not hunting extras. Ive seen the lapdance bouncer throw a guy out of the room and scold the dancer because he thought the dude had his dick out. My girl looked genuinely shocked when i mimed in broken spanish what happened. @ k - all good man nothing to apologize for, its a sore subject for most jerseyans. They used our money but its not really for us - its for tourists to nyc. We just get to deal with the extra traffic. I still hope it succeeds though and gets ppl to explore nj who wouldnt otherwise come here. Also a place that size should have a couple hundred good paying jobs when its at full tilt and a few hundred more shitty ones. But will it be worth it?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion